Prologue

Friends?
PROLOGUE

 
 

1...

     

 

2...

         

 

3...

 

 

4...

                                     

 

5...

                         

 

6...

                               

 

7...

                                     

 

8...

                                           

 

9...

                                               

 

10!

 

 

"Ready or not, here I come!"

 

 

Sehun was wandering around the tree first, where he was told to count first. Guess he's not sneaking behind the tree, who would want to hide there anyways.

That doesn't stop him from giving up in any way.

He started skipping around the park, checking under the bench, behind the notice board, crawl under the thick bushes, yet the kid is still not caught. Wondering where he would be, he cheated a little as he asked the ice cream man across him, maybe that man noticed the little deer running around this place to hide.

"Excuse me sir..." His voice might be too soft for the ice cream man to notice, but soon he caught his attention, thinking he's shy to ask for ice cream.

"Oh, hi! You want some ice cream? Free testing specially for you~"

Sehun felt his head was being ruffled by the taller man, but he was not there for ice cream.

"Have you seen some kid higher than me? Um... as high as this cart?" He was referring to the ice cream cart. The man was first puzzled, but soon caught up.

"Are his eyes big?"

Sehun quickly nodded, "Yes yes, have you seen him somewhere?"

"I saw him... he was running towards that statue though..." He bend down and pointed at the statue, a sculpture of a pegasus, or a unicorn which is an easier word to use. Yeah, stupid Sehun, he haven't checked that spot before.

"Oh okay then, thank you... Mr. Byun." He smiled, proud how his reading improved a lot.

He remembered how he literally ripped a story book because that's how he was first taught reading and how frustrating it is. Plus "Beauty and the Beast" was his favorite and he ripped that book, can't believe how precious it was and his parents bought that for such expensive price. Poor book...

The man peek at his gold name tag, and the soon laughed and ruffled Sehun's hair once again. He smiled again, "How smart you are, young kid. You deserved a gift." Then the man started to take the ice cream cone, "Which flavour would you like?"

"Chocolate..." Sehun whispered, seriously he loves chocolate, he rather pick chocolate than a brand new bike. Hence, he watched as the man began to scoop the chocolate ice cream, waiting patiently, not forgetting that he's still playing hide and seek.

"There you go." He handed the cone to Sehun, then he remembered, gripping on the crusty cone, "But... I don't have money..."

"I told you, it's a gift." The man smiled, "It's nothing, really. You deserved it." He nodded, fixing his hair and that smile, once again.

"Thank you again, Mr. Byun. See you later." Sehun waved at the man, as he run towards the statue, as told by the man. The man waved back, going back to his work. Smiling how he just gave two free ice creams to two kids.

"What took him so long..."

Luhan waited as he his vanilla ice cream, he's been sitting there for literally half an hour, he even tried not to finish the ice cream first so he can show off to him how he got a free ice cream for no real reason. Him, the one that's probably struggling to find his hiding spot.

Guess he chose the perfect hiding place, he'll never be able to find him here.

Or is it?

He felt a soft tap on the shoulder, thought it was Sehun. It may be Sehun, oh please no, not Sehun. He'll lose if Sehun caught him. He glance over his shoulder, but instead it was only a leaf land on his shoulder, the orange leaf from the tree near the statue.

He sighed heavily as he wiped his forehead. Luhan, you're thinking too much. You said it, Sehun will never find you here, might as well give up and you'll win Luhan.

But seriously, he picked the most obvious yet the easiest hiding place he could find here, yet it took ages for Sehun to find him. Maybe he thought wrong, or maybe Sehun did gave up already. Sehun is the type of person who gives up easily. Total opposite of himself.

He decided just to shove his ice cream cone into his mouth, not worthed anymore if he wants to tell Sehun how he got free ice cream from a random ice cream man with an ice cream cart, which is as high as the crown of his head. Though he still have to stand on the tip of his toes to be able to see the glass display.

His favorite is vanilla, while Sehun's favorite is chocolate. Their interests are always the total opposite of it. Luhan likes white, Sehun likes black. Luhan like burgers more, while Sehun like hot dogs more. Luhan's more into colourful things, meanwhile Sehun likes black and white more. Luhan chooses sprite over coke, but the other way around in Sehun's prespective. Even Luhan chooses guitar over violin, but Sehun loves violin more.

But only one interest that makes both of them best friends, dogs.

They both loves dogs, starting from chihuahua until bulldog. They would have like 90 percent of the conversation talking about pomeranians and corgis, because that makes both of them closer. It's the only way.

Not to mention Luhan likes butterflies too. Then, a cute rare blue butterfly fly towards Luhan's direction. Luhan reach out, as the butterfly now sits on Luhan's index finger. He smiled at himself as he now move his hand closer to him, "How rare..."

It's rare for a beautiful sky blue butterfly to fly around here, he didn't even know it actually existed. He wants to keep it in an empty jar so badly, but he also know that the butterfly needs to be free too, like himself, always wild and free. 

He sighed, "Wish I could be as perfect as you." he whispered to the butterfly, which now he set it free and watch the butterfly now flying far away from him.

Smiling that now the butterfly's gone, he just lay his back on the hard marble surface of the statue, decides to daydream a little. It does took Sehun a lifetime to find him there, he might not even catch him before the sun sets.

Before he could even close his eyes, he snapped back to reality as Sehun suddenly appeared in front of him.

He thought it was some kind of ghost because of his incredibly white skin, so he jumped out, the marble surface hit his back. Grunting from the pain, Sehun quickly run towards him to pat Luhan's back.

"God, Sehun you scared me to death..." Luhan gasped, attempting to pull out Sehun's hair until he's completely bald. Sehun only sulked, "But I just happened to found you here, well even though I was actually hiding all the time. With you talking to a butterfly by yourself, I knew it was you."

"Wait, so you heard?"

Luhan's doe eyes got bigger as it stares with Sehun's gentle ones, while Sehun shook his head slightly. It makes Sehun's face slightly tinted in red being looked by Luhan like that, so intimate-- no

"I can even barely listened to what you said."

With that, Luhan sighed in relief, thank god he didn't. So he only replied with his usual, "Okay then, good." While he stood up and brush himself.

"Luhan hyung..." Luhan hummed as he look towards Sehun, while the younger pointed at the nearby bench beneath the tree, "Let's sit there for awhile, maybe the view will be better if we sit over there."

"Oh yeah, but wait..." He didn't get to continue his sentence as he watched Sehun drift off with his tiny legs, pretending he's an airplane flying freely over the sky. Luhan sighed again, "Not the time yet, huh?" He talks to himself, putting his hands in his pockets as he followed Sehun's back.

"Sehun, I want to tell you something--"

"Luhan hyung, isn't the sky looks pretty?"

Sehun pointed up with his tiny fingers, making Luhan restrained what he was about to say. Instead, he looked up at the sunset Sehun pointed, shifting closer to Sehun.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

"It is, it's beautiful."

Luhan smiled at his words, feeling Sehun's weight laying on his side. He always does that, anywhere and anytime. Even when they're having sleepovers and sleeping on the same bed, Sehun must have find a way to get closer to Luhan, involving arms wrap around him and legs intertwined together.

This, actually also restrains him from saying what he was about to say and wanted to not tell him, until the time comes.

Until the time comes.

Because those words he was going to say will be a really pain ones hitting both of their feelings.

He decided to lay his head on top of Sehun's, just watching as the sun sets.

It happens again few years later, at the same place, same date, same time, same atmosphere, just the two of them are different.

Sehun is no longer a toddler as he's now nine years old, taller than ever. Luhan is now a proud twelve years old kid, but unfortunately, can't win over Sehun's taller height.

Despite their and age difference, it doesn't stop them from being friends, best friends.

"This is kinda random but..." Before Luhan continues his sentence, he pull his head away from Sehun as the younger straightens up, now losing the closeness between them. Luhan took a deep breath, and continue what he was saying.

"You still looks exactly the same."

"Stop being so cheesy." Sehun chuckled as he punched Luhan's arm, "You always said that everytime I grow up-- well when we grow up."

"Because it's funny how you're now taller than me."

"Yeah, I know. Thank my Mum for that."

"..."

"..."

"But really, you haven't even changed one bit."

With that,  Sehun looks at him as if the time stopped moving, the wind stopped blowing, the leaves stopped falling, everything stopped.

"Your eyes, it still looks the same."

"So do yours." Sehun silently replied, not realizing how the space between them got closer and closer, even the gap between their faces got closer.

"Um, Luhan..." Not even continuing his sentence, he just realised he was so close to Luhan's face. Gathering back his senses, he feels the other's soft lip grazing on top of his, as it soon firmly placed right there.

Sehun didn't know what to do, he was too shocked to react. How he made his innocent heart pounded so hard Sehun assumed Luhan can hear every beat of it, and how it was his first time to feel... something weird.

Luhan just stole his first kiss.

But Sehun absent mindedly returned the kiss, his right hand reaching for Luhan's left cheek, he himself not even knowing what he just did. Luhan gripped on Sehun's other hand, linking its fingers together.

It happened short as Luhan pull his lips away, still looking into Sehun's dark glinting eyes, forcing him to not let go of him yet. Sehun did not let go of him, but he put his head on the crook of Luhan's neck as his right hand now gripping on Luhan's hazelnut locks. The sound of tiny sobs was soon heard, Luhan was about to ask him what happened but instead,

"I'm going back to China soon..."

"... I know."

"What?! Since when?"

"3 years ago. I overheard my Mum's phone conversation with your Mum."

"Oh... that's... a long time. 3 years ago."

"It is, and why didn't you told me sooner?"

"I thought it would hurt your feelings and all and--"

"NO!" Sehun nearly shouted that last word he said as he now forcefully push Luhan away from him, completely away from him. Luhan now realized how much Sehun cried because his eyes are puffed and red as a tomato. There are still leftover tears, so Luhan reaches his thumb to wipe those tears but--

Sehun slap away Luhan's hand, really slapping it hard. Luhan can also see the red marks on his palm.

"It hurts more if you told me just now..."

"Wha-- what do you--"

"No, your logic was wrong. It's not like in those fairytails where they won't be mad if they confessed it late. You should have told me earlier so that... so... that..."

"..."

"So that I can move on from you sooner."

"Um... wait. Wha--"

But Sehun was already gone from his sight in a flash, even before he realized Sehun left his friendship bracelet on the bench where they were sitting. He reach over and grab the bracelet Luhan gave him when he was still nine and Sehun was six years old. Three years ago...

It's still good as new. His was blue and Luhan's was red. Again, total opposite...

 

"What is this hyung?"

"Friendship bracelet. I was shopping with my Mum and happen to pass by a small stall with pretty and simple jewerlies. So I got these for us."

"Whoa, it's pretty hyung. But looks like I would rarely use it."

"But use it everytime we're together, okay?"

Sehun nodded as Luhan ruffled Sehun's already messy hair.

"Oh, another thing."

"What is it, hyung?"

Luhan chuckled and pinched Sehun's cheek, "Next time, you can just call me Lu Ge instead of Luhan hyung."

"Huh? Does it have the same meaning?"

"Exactly the same meaning. But I'm chinese, so you got to call me Lu Ge, okay?"

"But I'm not used to it... I'm already used to calling you hyung."

"You will used to it, you will."

 

"You will used to it..." Luhan whispered by himself, realizing he was gripping on the bracelet now.

He knows that he'll be used to continue the journey of his life without him, he knows that he can't always depend on him now, he must move on.

Probably too late now to chase Sehun and return it. Also, his mood is still not good yet, better wait for the time.

But he just said the sooner the better...

Luhan then decided to just go home since there aren't anything else to do and it should be getting dark and he haven't packed his clothes to leave... tomorrow. He's taking Sehun's bracelet with him, there must be time to return it to him.

But...

Did he know that he's leaving tomorrow?

“I'll miss you..." The toddler Sehun cutely whispered, showing his puppy eyes as Luhan laughed with his cheeky smile showing, "I know you will."

"So you don't miss me back?"

Luhan hushed him as he gave Sehun a quick yet tight hug, causing Sehun to whine a little.

"Of course I'll miss you. I'll miss you too much."

 

"Do you even mean what you were saying?"

Luhan shocked after he heard the deep voice of Sehun's instead of the high pitched ones as he shot his eyes open, backing away from Sehun. Now he's facing with the Sehun who's no longer a little kid, who's now taller than him, who's eyes are so cold Luhan can't stand it anymore and he looks away. He can't remember the last time Sehun looked at him with those piercing eyes.

He felt something-- someone holding his hand, the warmth grazes with his own cold ones. Luhan looked up, as now Sehun's eyes turned into those warm ones, the ones that Luhan liked.

He expected Sehun to speak first, but no both of them are silent. Neither of them wanted to talk first, so Luhan looked back down, ignore the gaze Sehun gave him.

"Luhan..."

"..."

"You're scared?"

"... Not really."

"Then stop looking down and look at me."

"..."

With that, Sehun hissed and quite harshly pull up Luhan's chin, which makes Luhan's eyes now as wide as an owl's eyes.

Now he's facing a grown up Sehun, neither it's real or only imagination. Sehun has broad shoulder's, thin waist, longer legs, sharp chin, and his soft--

"I love you Luhan..."

Upon hearing those four words, Luhan felt like the hand that just grabbed him soon dissapeared like dust, the other hand that just rest under his chin also dissapeared, the figure in front of him soon dissapeared like wind.

But his voice never dissapeared.

"I will always love you...

 

but you never realize it.

You never returned my feelings, or maybe... it's just my imagination that you would love me back.

But in the end, you just dust it off as if nothing happened.

Why'd you never realize it until now?!

Because it's too soon? Waiting for the right time?

'Soon' is the right time already.

Or maybe you do don't love me back.

Guess it's the truth then, you'll never love me anyway--"

 

"NO!! YOU'RE WRONG!! YOU'RE TOTALLY WRONG!!"

 

"Luhan, bad dreams again?"

Luhan just realized that he's now facing his Mum, looking so worried. Wait, how did he ended up just sitting straight on his bed? Did he really screamed that last sentence before his nightmare was cut?

No wait, so it was only a nightmare.

Luhan sighed real heavy, thinking how he got that terrible dream, and it's probably not real. Definetely not real.

Luhan's Mum reach out and wipe the sweat on his forehead with the soft cloth on her hand.

"You're seriously sweating, what was the dream about?"

Luhan frozed in place, "It's... it's nothing. Only those terrible ghost nightmares."

"You mean those Chinese ghosts? Yeah, they're terrible."

Guess Luhan got out of it pretty quickly.

"Plus you woke up just in time. It's 7:10 now, our plane flight will be in three hours. Better clean yourself up, eat breakfast, and oh, have you packed your stuffs?"

"I haven't packed some of my things in my drawers."

"Fine, Mum will do it. Just go shower because you sweat in your sleep, plus we're going to visit the Oh's family first."

Wait, what did she just said?

"Visit... Sehun's family?"

"Yeah, you heard me. It's rude to leave without any goodbyes with our relatives. We'll also meet the Kim's too and the others-- ah just stop asking and get yourself nice and clean first."

With that Luhan just swiftly walk to his bathroom, closing the door behind him. No, you're kidding me right, no way he would meet him after that terrible... accident should he say.

Luhan's back which was resting on the door now leads him down to the floor, causing Luhan to slid down and just sits right there, on the cold ceramic floor.

His mind and body is not ready for this now.

Sehun was sitting on the ground, tears just endlessly flow out from his eyes. He didn't realised his mother was watching him from far away, until a hand was laid on his shoulder.

"He's going to make it, I promise."

Sehun just shrugged it off, as he walked far away from the operation room.

 

 
Author's Notes

okay so that was... interesting

was in a hurry so randomly chooses a playlist that i already made, and also this playlist might seem familiar for some of you *sweats*

prologue is done! seems confusing, but you'll get the hang of it when i post the *official* first chapter soon :)

so ya! subscribe if you liked it and... guess thats it

adios!

0Y0Lz4y.gif