Chapter 6

Friends?
VI

 
 

"Hey..."
√read

"Hi. My battery died before, sorry."
"I miss you..."
√send

Sehun decided to get some fresh air the other day after a short misunderstanding with someone who's supposed to be his friend. He didn't think about where he'll go, so he'll just go to places his heart desired. Which then he decided to take a stroll at the nearby park.

Even though the wind is cold, it doesn't bother him since he likes it colder. Less people usually take walks in cold climates like this, which means that the atmosphere will be more peaceful and quiet, perfect timing for Sehun to have his alone time without distractions.

He only wears his favorite gray coat outside since it will be a quick walk, better than staying inside the house doing nothing. Even though that's what most people should be doing in this weather, staying at home while drinking hot chocolate in front of a campfire, must be really warm and cozy. 

Upon arriving at the park, he spotted an old oak tree which most of its leaves already started to fall off the branches. It looks beautiful, he thought, reminds him of his lonely life. He tried to walk closer to admire the tree, when he heard a child's voice echoing in his head.

 

"Ready or not, here I come!"

 

Sehun was startled at the sudden voice playing in his head, again. It happens more frequently after the incident in the bubble tea shop. But this time is different, he looked more closely at the oak tree, when the atmosphere suddenly changed into a hot summer day.

He looked around him, the grasses suddenly turned green and the tree itself now has more leaves. What is happening? This is only his imagination right? At the corner of his eyes, he spotted a small kid roaming the area, wandering around the tree, skipping around as he checked under the bench, behind the notice board, even crawling under the bushes.

What is that kid have on his mind? Sehun attempted to approach the little kid, but as soon as he touched his shoulder, the kid vanishes like the wind. What the hell is going on right now? Sehun wants to get out of this place right now, he's freaking out like crazy. The voice of the same kid was heard again, but now he's talking with an ice cream man.

Sehun looked back to spot the kid now eating the ice cream as the ice cream man ruffled his soft hair. Chocolate ice cream, it's his favorite flavour of ice cream. He tried to walk closer and take a peek of the kid's face, the kid is pale just like him, the young face of him somehow similar to Sehun's. His sight quickly averted at the blue bracelet wrapping around the kid's wrist. Comparing to his now, it makes Sehun even more confused because they both have the same bracelet... that kid could have been him.

Looking back and forth at the kid's bracelet and his own, he still can't believe what is going on. Is that kid really his young self? Can this be his past life? Is he remembering the memories that he lost? Once again, the kid and the ice cream man vanishes and Sehun looked around again to find the kid. Not long after, he quickly spotted the pegasus statue at the centre of the park. Wait, the marble statue seems familiar to him.

He run across the park until he stopped in front of the statue. Where could that kid be now? He touched the surface of the statue, the cold marble feeling spread across his fingertips. Shortly, he heard a bump from behind the pegasus statue. He walked around the statue to find the kid now with another kid. The other kid was hissing from the pain hitting his back, while his young self was patting his back to ease the pain.

"God, Sehun you scared me to death..." The kid gasped as he tried to pull the other's hair. Oh, his name is Sehun, huh? It's confirmed, the kid with the blue bracelet is Sehun when he was young. Sehun only stood there, still trying to catch up on what's going on. Now observing on the other kid, he has a red bracelet wrapping around his wrist, similar to Sehun's. The kid also have doe looking eyes, resembling a deer. Wait, Luhan has the same bracelet as his, he also has a doe looking eyes, could this be...?

No way, no way could this be Luhan. His eyes turned wide, has Sehun really met Luhan since they were kids? Are they actually friends-- best friends? Is this why Luhan seems very familiar to him, all this time?

"But I just happened to found you here, well even though I was hiding all the time. With you talking to a butterfly by yourself, I knew it was you." The young Sehun sulked and his cheeks started to become red as the other kid asked him if he heard what he said, with that cute gaze of his. Honestly, Sehun himself started to blush only by looking at the intimate gaze that melts his heart-- no

Sehun still stood there as he watched the young kids interact, while smiling at himself. How cute those kids are, especially his young self. He can barely remember how he looks like when he was little, but now that he knew that he was a small little angel.

"Luhan hyung... " The other kid only hummed as he look towards Sehun as the younger ones pointed at the nearby bench by the tree, "Let's sit there for awhile, maybe the view will be better if we sit over there." The younger Sehun only drift off with his tiny legs, pretending he's an airplane flying freely over the sky while the other kid has something to say, but was held back and only silently following behind him.

The young Sehun called him Luhan hyung, Luhan. That kid really is Luhan, but the fact that he said Luhan 'hyung' only made the older Sehun chuckle, Luhan is his hyung after all. He didn't call Luhan his hyung 'now', despite that Luhan himself might be weirded out if Sehun call him hyung. Forgetting that he still have to catch up with the kids, he ran up to the bench the younger Sehun pointed before.

Sehun watched them from far away, but he spotted another difference. It was no longer a hot afternoon, it was evening already as he spotted the beautiful sunset. They both are still the same, just they have grown up. Sehun looks more mature now, while Luhan still looked like he hasn't grown up, with the same doe eyes he has. But he knew that Luhan is still older than Sehun, even though Sehun is taller than Luhan.

He was spotted laying beside Luhan as the older one laid his head on top of Sehun's. It reminds Sehun about the time he was in Luhan's house, watching a random korean drama, when Luhan laid his head on his shoulder, not forgetting how nervous Sehun was at that time. God, why is everything seemed to be more and more relateable as he figured out more?

Sehun watch them both closely as now Luhan moved away from the other Sehun. They were whispering to each other, which makes Sehun more curious on what they're going to do next. But the next thing he saw was them looking at each other's eyes, as their faces moved closer, well watching his own past memories already felt like a korean drama itself.

As Luhan planted a kiss on top of Sehun's lips, the other Sehun watched them with his mouth hung open. The strange thing is that Sehun could feel how the other Sehun is feeling right now, how his innocent heart pounded so hard, how he was too shocked to react, how Luhan stole Sehun's first kiss.

 

"Don't leave me... ever again."

 

It also reminds him when Luhan kissed him, asking him to not leave him. It has the same feeling, how Luhan's lips moved against his, the hot breath grazing each other's skin, oh god what are you thinking about right now, Sehun? Getting back to his senses, Sehun shook his head and look back at the bench where they're sitting.

The younger Sehun happened to lay his head on the crook of Luhan's neck, gripping at the older's brown locks. The sound of sobbing was soon heard which alerted Sehun, why is he crying? Everything is going along well, right? Or so he thought as he felt his own heart got shot after Luhan spoke out those hurtful words.

"I'm going back to China soon..."

He's going back to... where? China? If so why is the real Luhan still here? He should be in China right now, his real hometown. Even so, Sehun felt his chest started to hurt as he continued to eavesdrop their conversation. Is this where it all started? Is this how it leads to them being apart?

"Oh... that's... a long time. Three years ago."

"It is, and why didn't you told me sooner?"

"I thought it would hurt your feelings and all and--"

"NO!" Sehun spotted the other Sehun pushing Luhan away from him. Luhan attempted to wipe off the excessive amount of tears from Sehun's cheeks, but it only made him to slap away Luhan's hand. Now that the real drama started, Sehun must have brought a popcorn with him to enjoy the sight he has right now, this is going to be fun.

"It hurts more if you told me just now..." The younger Sehun tried to avoid eye contact with Luhan, while Luhan tried his best to defend himself, even though it's his fault too for not telling him sooner. The next words that Sehun's going to hear coming out from his younger self sure going to kill him inside.

"Wha-- what do you--"

"No, your logic was wrong. It's not like in those fairytails where they don't get mad if they confessed it late. You should have told me earlier so that... so... that..."

"..."

"So that I can move on from you sooner."

Sehun suddenly felt a hard pang on his heart as he watched the other Sehun stood up and swiftly walk at his direction. The shadow of his passed through Sehun, as if he was only an object that blocks people's way. Sehun looked back to find the younger Sehun walking by himself, almost feel like running away from the park. At the same time, he spotted Luhan gripping the blue bracelet, with the gloom plastered on his face.

Sehun suddenly felt tears building up in his eyes, it must have hurt him how he is going to be lonely again after Luhan left, it's not going to be the same usual day again if Luhan left him. As soon as he spotted both Luhan's and his bracelet started to spark, a sudden flashback started to play inside his head, an imagination trapped inside of another imagination.

 

"What is this hyung?"

"Friendship bracelet. I was shopping with my Mum and happen to pass by a small stall with pretty and simple jewerlies. So I got these for us."

"Whoa, it's pretty hyung. But looks like I would rarely use it."

"But use it everytime we're together, okay?"

Sehun nodded as Luhan ruffled Sehun's already messy hair.

 

"Luhan... gave me this bracelet?" Sehun looked back at his own blue bracelet wrapping around his wrist, after realizing the truth. Sehun tried so hard to solve the puzzle, connecting the memories he just saw with the dreams that he had before, and the sudden thoughts that came up to his head out of nowhere, the things that tried to tell him about his past.

Before moving on, Sehun turned back and quickly chased the other Sehun, that if he's still here. Sehun remembered where he went, all he needs to do is to run after him, to see him again. Even though he's sure he won't be able to see the real Sehun, but he wants to talk to him, to comfort him, to tell him everything is alright.

He reached the outside of the park, looking at his left he spotted the younger Sehun stomping away from the place. Smiling gladly, Sehun run to him, running as fast as he can to reach him.

"It hurts my head just thinking about you. It hurts my head so much that I didn't even think about myself. Why do I even have feelings for you from the start--"

The younger Sehun nearly choked as he felt the warmth of another person, feeling arms wrapping around him. Standing still, the younger ones looked back as he spotted Sehun nuzzling his head on his back. Sehun move his head away to make eye contact with his younger self, making the other shocked to see the older version of him.

"Are you... me?" The younger Sehun whispered as he turn around to face the other, soon after noticing the blue bracelet of Sehun. Sehun only smiled at the younger one as he wiped the tears on his cheeks with both of his thumbs, cupping his face, "I'm glad that you can see me now."

"But what are you doing here? Why are you here?" Sehun only shushed him by putting his index finger on top of the younger's lips, "I only wanted to tell you this..."

Sehun fixed his kneeling position as he put both of his hands on top of the younger's shoulders, whispering to him, "You will be alright. Even though someone left you, you won't always be alone."

"Also, it doesn't mean that he will leave you forever. He's your best friend, he would never dare to forget you for somebody else. Maybe he could send you letters to talk to you, since that's the only way to communicate to him for now. Maybe someday you can also go to China to visit him, or the other way around. The point is that everything is going to be okay, you're going to be fine."

The younger Sehun felt his tears building up again as he hugged the man in front of him. Sehun only smiled as he hugged back, patting the younger's back to calm him down. Closing his eyes, he rest his head on top of the other's shoulder while the younger one whispered to him.

"Thank you..."

The moment he opened his eyes again, the kid was no longer seen. The silent dark night from before turned into the cold windy climate again, the atmosphere of the real world. It's over now, the imagination is gone, it's back to the real world again.

He stood up from the cold sidewalk while smiling to himself. Finally he got to reminisce his own past in a proper way. But if they did met when they were kids, how come he didn't recognize Luhan? How come Luhan also didn't recognize him before? While mentioning that, he graze his finger on top of the scar on the side of his forehead hidden behind his bangs. Where did the scar came from?

He has been wondering from the start about the scar, he didn't hurt himself, nor did he ever got into an accident. But the sound of the police and ambulence siren started to be heard again the more he thought about the scar. The same thing happened that made him pass out at the bubble tea shop. Did the scar appeared even before he woke up in the hospital?

"Hospital..." Sehun suddenly got alerted as he quickly move his way to the place he wants to go, "Hospital... I have to go to the hospital..." His quick footsteps suddenly turned into a dash as he quickly ran to the hospital, the hospital where he first woke up.

As he ran, he tried so hard to focus on his way but too many voices started to play inside his head again, these thoughts that came to his head out of nowhere. He heard his own voice, Luhan's voice, even his parents' voices are heard.

 

"It's yours right? You left it yesterday."

 

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday."

 

"Don't miss me too much."

 

"Please... please don't leave me alone..."

 

"You better get ready now, we're heading to the hospital."

 

"He's going to make it, I promise."

 

Sehun's legs nearly got tripped over the rough surface of the sidewalk, rocks and old tree branches are all over the road. He heaved a sigh after watching his way more carefully now, walking over the obstacles of the road he's heading to. He dashed again not long after he reached the pedestrian crossing, he's near, he's almost there.

Another flashback was played when his young self tried to run away from the hospital, with his father trying to chase him. He shook his head as he tried to focus on the road again.

 

"Son, where do you think you're going?"

 

"Dad, I said I want to go home. If you want to stay here, then stay."

 

"I don't even want to know, I just want to go home."

 

"Sehun, you're not going home alone. You're also not going to leave me until I say so."

 

"I don't care about him anymore, just let me go home."

 

"I bet he still cares about you. 
Even though your distance between him will be far away, it doesn't mean you friendship with him will be gone."

 

Sehun finally reached the other pedestrian crossing, the one that leads him to the hospital. He tried to catch his breath, while looking at the red light which turned green. People started to cross the road, while Sehun took a deep breath, and finally joined the group of people. But he was stopped all of the sudden, standing still at the edge of the sidewalk.

He spotted the same kid again, walking to his direction in his red hoodie soaking wet. Shortly, a business looking man tapped his shoulder which made the younger turned around to meet his eyes. They appeared to be whispering, which Sehun could hear from afar.

"Think about the past times, where you and Luhan having the best time of your life. Just because of this, it doesn't mean that neither of you care about each other anymore..." The man whispered to the younger one as he only looked down listening. Sehun looked closely at the cold eyes of the man, it's similar to Sehun's. His vision started to get blurry again all of the sudden, as the words spoken started to get louder and louder.


"Want to hear a story of mine?"

"Yeah sure."

"There were two young boys, a large gap between height and age, but no matter what they're still intact with each other.

Their favorite game was hide and seek. They never got bored with it and doesn't even bothered to play other games.

Until one day, one of the boys decided to move out, back to their original hometown. That was the last farewell yet the first to feel how it feels like being alone.

But it happens when he comes back, but without a word or anything to notify the other, as if they're back as strangers again.

Same school, but different degree, still with the and height difference, just they're both just got matured. And hide and seek was not their thing anymore.

Neither of them-- wait no one of them is still figuring out what is up with their friendship and all those vanished memories, even until now."


"Stop... just ing stop..." Sehun cursed under his breath, trying to back away from the crowd as he held his aching head. Why did this happen all of the sudden, right in public? He closed his eyes, his chest started to hurt too, just like before. As he looked up again everything came in a halt, as if time stopped all of the sudden.

He blinked twice to make sure time really did stopped, probably his imagination acting up again. Not panicking like before, he straighten his back as he watch his surroundings. Everyone stayed still like mannequins, the sky which was gray turned darker as the rain from the clouds was halt from falling on the ground.

Time was moving again as Sehun blinked once again, feeling the rain hitting hard on his coat, making it soaking wet. He spotted the man and the kid again in the middle of the pedestrian crossing, talking like it was normal. 


"Why you suddenly tell me this? Does it even matter if I listen to this?" 

"Because... I just want you to know that I happen to be one of them."

 

Sehun's eyes was fixed on the light which suddenly turned red again, there were also large lights hitting both the man and the kid. The sound of honking was heard multiple times, Sehun started to panic even though he didn't know what to do as he wasn't able to move all of the sudden, both of his feet was stuck on the ground.

"No no no no no, guys get away from there!" Sehun can only shout at them, even though he was sure they won't be able to hear him. Shortly after, the man looked at the direction of the large vehicle. Noticing what's going to happen, the man quickly cover the little kid and Sehun felt the pain started to hit his head again as he watched from far away as the vehicle... the vehicle...

"No..." Sehun whispered right after the vehicle hit both the man and the kid. The Sehun kid, he got hit by the vehicle, huge amount of blood seeping through the side of his forehead, puddles of red was formed from the rain water. Sehun didn't know what to feel in this situation, or how to feel when watching his young self lying on the ground like a dead corpse.

Soon after, the sound of the police siren started to be heard along with the ambulance siren as well. Many people also started to gather around the scene, whispering to each other and taking photos of both of them. Sehun felt his tears started to build up in his eyes again, his sight started to get blurry and the voices of other people started to echo in his ears.

He doesn't know if it's the rain or the tears, but his cheeks started to get more wet the more he looks at them. So this happened before Sehun woke up in the hospital, then meeting a woman who confessed to be his mother, and not remembering a single thing that happened before. He got into an accident, a teribble accident.

Sehun suddenly noticed the water below him started to turn red, as red as blood. He tried and touch his scar beneath his fringe, pulling away he spotted blood dripping down from his hand. Blood coming out from the scar, the scar that was formed because of the accident.

"Get me out of here..." Sehun whispered under his breath, clenching his bloody fist into a ball, "Get me out of this nightmare, please!" He pleaded as more tears roll over his cheeks. He closed his eyes, and everything was back to normal as he opened his eyes again.

The cold gray sky was back, the strong wind blew over him again, the rain and the people were also gone leaving him alone on the side walk. Checking himself, his coat was not wet and there were also no blood from his scar anymore. Now that he's able to move his feet again, he sighed heavily as he walk away from the hospital area. He's not sure if he could forget what he just saw, since that's what happened before he lost his memories.

Wiping the rest of the tears from his eyes, he walked back home. A good nap might help him to calm himself from everything he just saw from this morning.

Luhan tried to visit the park the other day, after getting a coffee from a nearby cafe. As soon as he finished his last sip of coffee, he just realized he already arrived at the destination. The first thing he noticed was the pegasus statue, his favorite hiding place should he say.

"So this is the statue..." Luhan walked closer to the huge statue, feeling as the cold marble touches his skin, "It's more beautiful in person than what I've imagined..." He whispered to himself, under his scarf which covers the bottom half of his face. He only smiled as the clouds clear up, revealing the sun up in the sky. The heat helps a bit in a cold weather like this.

He also just remembered that christmas is a week away, he didn't really prepared anything other than decorate his christmas tree and also decorate his house for his own pleasure. He's not even sure if he got someone to celebrate with, but it's better than going to a ed up party he got invited with disgusting people around. Many people tried to hook up with him and he didn't even remember how hard he tried to get away from it.

He heaved a sigh as he was sitting at the back side of the statue, looking down at his own feet, "Maybe this christmas I'll be alone. Well, I can drink wine and no one will notice right?" He chuckled while a butterfly suddenly flew at him, a rare blue butterfly that suddenly caught his attention.

Luhan reach out as the butterfly now sits on his index finger, remembering the time when he did the same thing while waiting for Sehun to find him. Moving his finger closer to him, the butterfly looks almost the same as he saw when he was a kid. He smiled again as he set the butterfly free, letting it fly across the trees.

"I wish I could be perfect as you. I wish that I could be perfect for everyone, doing everything perfectly." Luhan whispered to himself as he decided to sit there for a little longer. This does bring back the memories, he was glad he was able to read his diary to bring his memories back.

He spotted another shadow other than his, is there another person here? He looked back to spot another person not far from the statue, the person he really wished he could see again.

"I just knew who you actually are..." The other man walked closer as Luhan stood up and ran to him. Hugging him tightly, Luhan whispered to his ear while feeling arms wrapping around him, hugging him back.

"So you knew already..." Luhan lay his chin on the crook of the man's neck, "You don't know how much I wanted to apologies to you, Sehun."

 
Author's Notes

when the moment finally came (even as an author i'm pretty impatient too and waited for this to happen)

i guess one more chapter and then it's the end :)

no no, not really the end, epilogue is coming too, right? *winks*

but if i can, i'm planning to finish this fanfic before school starts again which is next week...

i'm not even excited for school to start again, i still need to sleep

but hey, the story is almost finished right? *smirks* we need to celebrate... later on

and guess what? i just watched luhan's movie yesterday and god it was good :3 it's "the great wall" movie :3

not really going in detail since i'm afraid that i'm spoiling the story hehe

and i guess that's it since idk what to say anymore :V

please subscribe to be notified when the ending has been posted and upvotes are also appreciated :D

and that's all from me, see ya later in the *almost* last chapter!

 

bye people ^O^

0Y0Lz4y.gif