Chapter 1

Friends?
I

 
 

", has anyone done the homework for geo?"

"Wait, did you said homework?!"

"Yes, and it's due today! God I will be grilled soon."

"No, you already looked grilled enough, Jongin."

"One more time you say that, I will murder you. Wait no, you are the murderer."

"Bro, can you like not."

"Haha, it was only a joke, seriously-- No no no not again!!"

"Kyungsoo, Jongin, just cut it off. We're highschool students now, you guys always act like kindergarden students. Oh and Sehun, have you done your homework?"

Sehun slowly raise his head up, waking up from his short nap as he's now facing with the class monitor, the richest kid and also the prettiest man in their class who's sitting on top of his table right now, Suho.

"Wha... what homework?"

"Well, you didn't hear, did you? It's geo homework, have you done it?"

"Oh yeah, of course I've done it..." Lazily replied, Sehun reach for his school bag, pulling out his geo notebook and showing it in front of Suho's face, "Why? You need to copy it or something?"

"Wow, you've done it Oh Sehun? Ooooh Sehun has done it!"

"Can I borrow it Sehun? You know you're kind, handsome, gentle, nice--"

"Yeah Jongin, stop with the compliment and just take it." With that, Jongin just steal his book right out from his hand and keep it as if it was the most precious thing in the world.

"Can you share it with me Jongin? Pleaaaseeee~?"

"Sorry but no, it's all mine now."

"Jongin oppa~ Pleaaaseee~?"

"Still, no. And stop disturbing me, I'm going to do my work."

"OMG KRIS SENPAI JUST GAVE A WINK TO MEEEE!!"

The scream was heard from outside, causing everyone to move their sight to the open door, watching as a girl just fangirled and went inside the class like one overly hyper fan. Outside, it looks like everyone gathered around a group of boys.

"Yeah, it's the popular sunbaes. What's so special about them anyways--"

Suho quickly covered Kyungsoo's careless little mouth, "Why your little bad mouth talk like that? It hurts 'them' you know."

"Actually, I agree. Did they do something that made them 'that' popular?"

"You too, Jongin. Just shut your mouth. You know you don't want to hurt them."

The so-called 'fans' are overly 'sensitive'. Well that's why...

Sehun blindly stood up and walk towards the door, "I'm going to the rest room for awhile."

"Sehun, I know you're lying so you can also peek at the sunbaes--"

"Why would I peek at them?" Sehun turn around and silently laughed, "I'm not interested in them, plus they're not my type. So sit your down, and continue your homework, Jongin."

"Psh, you're not my Mum."

"But you act like a kid." With that, Sehun quickly continue to make his way to the door. To be real honest, Jongin was right. He was out to peek at the sunbaes, but he's only interested in one of the guys, the prettiest among them. He doesn't even know why he's attracted to said sunbae.

But he also need to go to the bathroom to wash his face, so in the end, he really did go to the rest room.

He walked out and try to pass the crowded hallway, pushing everyone out of his way, which makes one of the sunbaes caught what he was doing. Sehun is now in the centre of the crowd, near the sunbaes while they watch as Sehun interrupted their 'showtime' and Sehun tried to make way again on crowd number two.

"Hey, I'm going to use the bathroom for awhile." One of the sunbaes whispered to one of his friend or one of the group of boys, and he did exactly the same what Sehun did.

"Oppaaa~ Waaaiiiit~!"

"Girls, he's going to have his private time, you know you don't want to interrupt him." The leader, Kris smoothly said as he send another wink to the whole crowd, making everyone felt their legs jelly and don't work like they're used to before.

Sehun finally reached the empty rest room, as he open the tap and splash cold water on his face. Feeling a lot more refreshed, he looked at himself in the mirror. He looks so pale and skinny, in a good way. Touching his own jawline, he realized how much he have changed over the years, how his jawline became so sharp, his eyes looking cold as it is, his shoulders are even more broader and his amazing figure. Wow, how much does he loves himself.

While looking at himself, he realized how a simple blue bracelet wrapped around his right wrist. He didn't know why, he always used it everywhere he goes now. He guessed that it was given by someone, but not specifically who.

 

"Yeah, let me get the door just in a second-- Oh hello Ahjumma!"

Luhan's mother smiled at Sehun and patted his hair, "Look at you, you're all grown up now!"

Sehun only smiled as he also greeted Luhan's father and... Luhan himself.

"Hi."

"Oh, hi."

They both quickly smiled, but also quickly seperate from each other.

 

"So you're leaving today? Why so quick?"

"Yeah, actually there are some other issues happened in China, so it is best to go back as soon as we can."

Sehun only eavesdrop the conversation between Sehun's and Luhan's parents. Out of nowhere, Luhan snapped in front of his eyes, causing him to come back to reality.

"Luhan, please stop."

"Haha, I'm sorry. Well, I just went to the bathroom and... I guess it's a little rude to leave you here alone."

With them sitting far away from their parents, and them just looking at the ground say nothing, it is more awkward.

Sehun still looked down, deciding whether or not he should break the silence between them. But a blue bracelet soon caught his eyes.

"It's yours right? You left it yesterday."

"Oh..." Sehun only silently grab his bracelet away from Luhan, "Thanks."

"Luhan, we're done here!" Luhan's mother said loud enough for her son to hear, and Luhan soon smiled at Sehun and stood up. Sehun only looked up at him, wishing he's not going anywhere, but oh well fate is fate.

"Don't miss me too much." Luhan stole a poke on Sehun's cheek, which Sehun only frozed in place. He whispered something that made Luhan stopped walking to the door.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday."

Luhan looked back at Sehun one last time, and only smiled as Luhan's mother called for him once again and with that, Luhan left Sehun alone without looking back, without any more words.

After Luhan's presence is gone, Sehun looked down at the bracelet, it's still good as new. He didn't remembered why he left the bracelet before, or he's just pretending to not know anything. He didn't realized he was grasping on the bracelet and a tear was rolling down to his cheek, did Luhan accepted his apology?

From then, he's officially have lost his best friend.

 

It was thirty minutes after Luhan's presence is gone and his father goes off to work. It was raining hard outside, the windows were covered in droplets of rain and the strong wind was quite visible from inside. Sehun was reading a book by himself in the living room as he heard his mother's phone rang.

His mother rush for the phone while wiping off her sweat from her forehead, and answered the phone with the gentle voice of hers.

"Hello?

... What? How did it happened?

You're lying are you?

... Okay, text me the address and I'll be there soon enough.

Yes, thank you so much for letting me know."

She put her phone back and looks at Sehun straight in the eye. Sehun only looked at her confused as he spotted her face became slightly red.

"What... what happened?"

"You better get ready now, we're heading to the hospital."

"Why... what really happened? Why so sudden?"

She just swiftly took her bag, "You better get ready now, I'll wait for you in front of the house."

Sehun only stood up and followed what she said, still don't know what is going on. He quickly changed into his red hoodie and jeans since he was told to hurry. Then a thought just suddenly came inside his head.

Hospital... it must be someone fallen sick, or if it's too rushed... then it must be an accident.

Wait, Luhan and his family just left awhile ago... does it involves them?

He looks at the mirror, looking at his pale face. Don't worry no more, your face will look paler as you think more about it, he said to himself.

Nevertheless, he quickly walk out from his room to find his unpatient mother.

 

He knew it. He knew it from before, his theory was right.

He was told that Luhan and his family got into an accident and their flight must be postponed, and that even if they can make it. They're now inside the operation room, as Sehun and his mother are waiting outside for his father to come.

Sehun was sitting on the ground, tears just endlessly flow out from his eyes. He doesn't want Luhan to die, he doesn't want to watch him die. He didn't realised his mother was watching him from far away, until a hand was laid on his shoulder.

"He's going to make it, I promise." She tried to say it in her happiest tone as possible, as she firmly press her hand on his shoulder.

Sehun just shrugged it off, as he walked far away from the operation room. His mother only stood still as she watched her son walking away and the figure became so small as it's so far away from her sight now.

Sehun didn't want to know if Luhan can make it, he didn't want to know more about anything, he just wanted to go home and lock himself inside his room and never go to the outside world again. He wanted to pretend that Luhan made it to China, that he's living a happy life without him, because he seriously needed to move on from Luhan. He needs to stop stay in contact with Luhan to move on quickly from him.

It happens just in time as Sehun's father passed by his son, he was confused why he's going to the wrong way. No, more accurately Sehun's going to the main door of the hospital.

His father quickly chase for Sehun and tap his shoulder, as it caught Sehun's attention. Knowing who's after him, he went back on going out from the hospital, making his father to also follow him.

"Son, where do you think you're going?"

"Home."

"What, home?! There's no time to go home now. It's raining outside, and we're supposed to be here until Luhan's family--"

Sehun quickly face his father upon hearing Luhan's name, he didn't want to hear the name again.

"Dad, I said I want to go home. If you want to stay here, then stay. You don't have to follow me, I don't even want to know, I just want to go home."

Sehun was already outside the hospital and his father quickly move the nurses out of the way and go out from the hospital's main door. His father watched as his son walked down the stairs and to the pedestrian crossing. It was luckily that the light turned green and Sehun walk across the street. It doesn't mean his father's going to stop chasing him, he quickly run down the stairs and as soon as he got to the pedestrian crossing, he catched where Sehun is right now.

"Sehun, you're not going home alone. You're also not going to leave me until I say so."

Sehun looked back, as he turned around and look up at his father again, feeling his hoodie and his father's suit became wet from the heavy rain. His fist clenched into a ball, "I don't care about him anymore, just let me go home."

"No, he's your friend. I bet he still cares about you. Even though your distance between him will be far away, it doesn't mean your friendship with him will be gone. It's not like a hit and go, you know?"

Sehun only stayed silent, listening to his father's words and felt his shoulder is being hold by a big and strong hand.

"Think about the past times, where you and Luhan having the best time of your life. Just because of this, it doesn't mean that neither of you care about each other anymore..."

Sehun felt the grasp on his shoulder loosened and those hands are back inside the pocket of his father's suit.

"Want to hear a story of mine?"

Sehun heard the whisper from his father, watching as the other pedestrians walk as usual ignoring their private talk, "Yeah sure."

"There were two young boys, a large gap between height and age, but no matter what they're still intact with each other.

Their favorite game was hide and seek. They never got bored with it and doesn't even bothered to play other games.

Until one day, one of the boys decided to move out, back to their original hometown. That was the last farewell yet the first to feel how it feels like being alone.

But it happens when he comes back, but without a word or anything to notify the other, as if they're back as strangers again.

Same school, but different degree, still with the and height difference, just they're both just got matured. And hide and seek was not their thing anymore.

Neither of them-- wait no one of them is still figuring out what is up with their friendship and all those vanished memories, even until now."

Sehun realized that his story is almost the same as his father's, wondering that he was watching after all these time or maybe his father was making it all up. He also realized how his father's face turned into the sad ones.

"Why you suddenly tell me this? Does it even matter if I listen to this?"

His father softly sighed before he continued, "Because... I just want you to know that I happen to be one of them."

It must be hard for his father, or so he thinks. Then he also happen to realize that the pedestrian light turned red already and a large light hitting both of them. The sound of honking was heard multiple times and his father quickly covers him and as the large vehicle got near them, the vision became black.

Pitch black.

 

Sehun happen to notice the little scar on the side of his forehead that is hidden behind his fringes. Heavily sighed, he whispered by himself, "Where did the scar even come from?"

He was startled as he saw one of the doors of the toilet opened, revealing a man with hazelnut locks and doe looking eyes, probably the cutest eyes he has ever seen for a guy like him. He doesn't need to look back since the mirror already reflected them.

The said man went to one of the sinks, the one beside his. While washing his hands, Sehun looked over at how he's shorter than him, aren't the ones with black jackets supposed to be taller and cooler? Oh I mean the sunbaes.

Sehun only shrugged as he decided to leave the toilet now. But he was stopped by the other man in the toilet.

"Hey you."

Sehun looked back, looking straight at those doe looking eyes as he only replied with his natural yet simple, "What?"

"I've saw you somewhere."

"From the basketball match? If that's what you were going to say, then yes."

The other man only scoffs and dries his hands as he was done washing his hands, "That was not what I was saying." Then he continues as he walks near Sehun to face him, "Well as you know, I'm the kindest out of all the group. But just saying, you better not to put any sort of interruption when we are--"

"I know, I know. I was in a rush, you know we better hurry if private time comes."

Now that shuts the other up.

"Looking at you, you're brave. You're different from the others."

"Seriously? Plus why should I be scared of you?"

The other man only laughs and show his smile to Sehun, "My way of talking is kind of rude, I guess. It scares everybody off, well except you." Sehun only chuckled upon hearing the words he just heard, "Then you better soften your tone, maybe you're just talking too harsh to them."

The doe eyed man raised his eyebrows in quick approval, "Alright then." Then he shove his right hand out in front of him, "My name's--"

"Luhan. I aknowledged it already. You don't have a family name and you're in one of those gangs and you also like Marilyn Monroe."

Luhan only scratch the back of his head with his other hand, "You provided a too detailed information of me, assuming that you're a fan of mine?"

Sehun nearly choked on his spit upon hearing Luhan's words, while shaking his head, "Nope, I actually made some of them up, and I've saw some information from the school yearbook."

Not kidding, Sehun is quite smart, not in a nerdy way but he's too perfect to be called smart. But really, is it true that he likes Marilyn Monroe?

Long story short, Sehun grasp the other hand that's still in front of him, feeling the heat from Sehun trailing to Luhan's spine. Luhan has never felt someone's heat before, once he was joined in the popular group.

"The name's Sehun. If you're interested in my full name, it's Oh Sehun."

"Oh Sehun... Oh Sehun... Oh Sehun..."

The man kept on repeating a particular name, as if it's already stuck in his mind. Carrying his books, he was going to his singing class all by himself. Quite lonely, he thinks. But better rather than being surrounded by girls that he barely even know.

"But just saying, you better not to put any sort of interruption when we are--"

"I know, I know. I was in a rush, you know you better hurry when private time comes."

It was actually an order from his leader, to not let a single person block their way. He regrets for being with them, he secretly hates his leader. Worse, he has no other friends besides his mates.

He was better alone, to get along with other people. Guess Sehun was his first real friend afterall. Or is it?

But he remembered something from the name though.

He felt like he knew the name from before, or was it a dream though? Oh wait, he remembered a particular lady mentioned the name before, yeah he remembered now. But it was like ages ago from now, so he was still not sure. His mind was blurry from the name repeating in his head, thinking back when he first woke up in a strange place called hospital.

 

Luhan slowly woke up from his long sleep, greeting him with a headache shoots in his head. The first thing he saw was the bright light and everything was white, from the white wallpaper until his white hospital bed. He peek over his left hand, he is being infused and he tried to get up, but was pushed back by one of the nurse.

"Your condition is still not good, you better just lay down and rest." The nurse spoken with her soft voice as she went back on doing her job. Soon, the door opened, revealing a doctor coming towards his direction. The doctor dressed nicely and he has his stethoscope hanging around his neck already. 

"How is he doing?" The doctor calmly spoke in his deep voice, as the nurse replied back, "Still doing good, Mr. Park. He just woke up."

The doctor glanced back at him, as he kneeled down beside him so he can talk face to face with the kid, "How are you doing? You're doing good kid?"

Luhan was still confused with everything, how did he ended up in this room? Why is he taken care here?

"Where am I?"

The doctor then taken aback on what he's going to say next and stood up, sighing by himself. He knew this is going to happen, he doesn't even have to guess it twice.

"You will be taken care here, but it will take awhile since your condition right now will took some time to heal. Will you excuse me I'll go outside for a bit to inform one of your relatives."

Watching the doctor soon walk away from his side, he close his eyes for a bit, rejecting the offer from the nurse to give him water. He heard the doctor speaking with some woman and he barely know the voice of hers. To clear up the silence, the nurse brought up a topic while controlling Luhan's bed so that he's on his sitting position. Luhan thinks the question is quite hard to answer.

"Did you remember anything that happened in the past? Before you ended up here?"

Luhan only glance at the nurse beside him, blankly gazing at her eyes. Blinking twice, he then answered in a whisper, "What past? I... just woke up here."

The doctor's expectation is also right, happy or not the nurse only nodded and stayed silent afterwards. Then they heard the door swung open, revealing a woman that again, he barely knew. Her eyes were staring with his, still figuring out why she's crying when nothing happened.

"No... this can't be..." The woman silently whispered by herself, and then rushes to his side. Luhan was frightened and tried to shift away as the woman got too close to him. She held back the tears flowing from her eyes, lay her hand on his but instead he softly yanked it away.

"Luhan... do you really... no..." The woman pulled back the words she was about to say, avoiding any more eye contact with him. Abruptly, Luhan said something that he was not supposed to say in conditions like this.

"Who... are you? How did you know my name?"

She only wipe her remaining tears, and try to face the boy who has no idea what is actually going on. The nurse then stood up and lay her hand on her shoulder, "Ma'am, I think it is best to continue the conversation after he's used to the environment and already in a better state. I don't think you need to push him too far."

The woman only put the nurse's hand down, gripping on the soft hand rather harshly, "Push him too far? What do you mean by that? I'm his mother's friend, and I have the right to talk to him--"

"But Ma'am, he just got amnesia and he's still not ready to--"

"Yes, I know, but he still deserved to know what happened and so he knows why he ended up in this freaking place."

Luhan only eavesdrop on the conversation, and amnesia? So he lost his memories? But how? All he knows for now is that he just woke up from a sleep that he doesn't know how long.

Luhan just realized he was looking at the woman's eyes, those sharp looking eyes. Luhan tried to speak to her, but was cut off by the woman herself.

"Can you tell me who you--"

"You got into an accident..."

"... What?"

"You got into a car accident when you were going to the airport with your parents. Long story short, your parents didn't make it and... and your friend also got into an accident and... and..."

Luhan listened to her words carefully, understanding what is going on. His parents didn't make it, and his friend also got into an accident... wait a friend?

"Which... friend?"

"Sehun. Oh Sehun. I'm his mother, you should've known him well, and... he's still asleep like you did." She only put her head down upon saying those words. Soon, she left the room by herself while Luhan watches her go. The nurse only sighed and went back to Luhan's side and decides to clean up the room a little bit.

"How long have I been here?" Luhan randomly asked the nurse who takes care of him, which was shortly answered by the nurse herself, "Around three weeks. So you've been sleeping for three weeks straight."

"Oh..." That was the only reply Luhan gave to the nurse and another question was asked to the nurse out of the blue, "Is this Oh Sehun kid really my friend?"

The nurse took a glance of him, and sighed afterwards, "I'm sorry, I don't really know. But according to the woman, it is your friend."

"But it was the first time I heard his name."

"You better rest for now." The nurse control his bed again into a sleeping position and fix his blanket afterwards, "Things will happen unexpectedly, maybe you really do know this kid. But memories will come by itself, and you should know soon."

 

"Luhan!!" Luhan accidentally fell on the slippery floor and dropped his books, shocked by the sudden scream calling his name. He took a glance behind, only leaving him sighing by himself, how many times should he tell that kid to not scare him.

"Yixing you little ..." Cursing by himself, Luhan picked the books that fell on the floor meanwhile Yixing ran towards him, crouched down to help him clean up the mess.

"I've called your name for multiple times but you kept on walking on your own, well that's when I decided to--"

"Yell at my name. How many times should I tell you to not-- like can you not scream at my name while I'm by myself?"

"Nope, because you looked like you need someone to accompany you--"

Yixing only earned a slap by Luhan, "Don't you know how am I easily frightened? You've known me for quite awhile yet you still don't know that one single fact of mine?!"

Yixing only pat Luhan's cheeks in a playful manner, leaving Luhan having his mouth shut afterwards, "Fine then, I am very sorry for my unexpected actions and I owe you bubble tea, how 'bout that? Deal?"

Finishing gathering his books, Luhan gave him the last slap, leaving Yixing laying down on the floor. Trying to stand up, he left Yixing on the ground.

"See you after school then." With that, Luhan left Yixing alone on the back. Only walking a few metres, Yixing already called for Luhan's attention again.

"Lu! You missed the stairs!"

He then tried to look back, the stairs. He almost missed the stairs unless he would have to take the long route to his singing class. Yixing knew he's having his singing class because he also have dancing class, which is right next to the singing class.

"... Right." Then he turns around to get to the stairs, still neglecting poor Yixing on the ground. Yixing only sighed by himself, whispering to himself as he tried to stand up.

"So... you're not thanking me or what? Oh well, he's only someone I'm close to afterall..."

"Sehun, let me ask you one thing.." Jongin nudged Sehun's shoulder who's sitting on the floor right next to him at the moment. Sehun only let out his uncomfortable grunt and hissed at Jongin.

"What Jongin? What do you want?" Saying it rather with a harsh tone, Jongin only chuckled at the other's action as he ruffled Sehun's hair.

"Don't you hiss at me." Jongin said so while gripping the soft blonde hair Sehun has. Continuing on what he was about to ask, "Do you like anyone here around this school?"

"I like the tteokbokki guy, he makes the most delicious tteokbokki I've ever tasted." That only made Jongin choked on his own spit and pushed Sehun in a playful manner. Sehun only remained calm, which appeared to be terrified afterwards after being pushed away from Jongin. He silently cursed by himself, attempting to straighten his back up and now glare at the innocent Jongin.

"What? What so funny?" That also only made Jongin laughed instead, watching Sehun who has actually misinterpreted his question.

"I know he's around this school, but to be more exact, he's outside of this school and he's also already in his thirties." Jongin covered his face, hiding himself from laughing so hard he doesn't know how to breath. Yet, he still continued laughing.

"Then what?! I like him, I like him for making tteokbokki for me okay?!" Jongin tried to control his laugh since he doesn't want to gain attention from others, and finally reaching his calm state again.

"That's not the 'like' I mean." Jongin put his hand on Sehun's shoulder, shook him as if waking him up, "I mean... Do you have someone you 'like' in particular?"

"Oh..." That's the only reply Sehun gave to Jongin, happen to thought deeper about the question since Sehun's too smart as a kid-- man. As an answer, he only shrugged while looking down at his hands.

"I don't think I have feelings for someone yet..."

"I have a feeling that you're lying to me."

Jongin said it with his serious tone, doing it on purpose so that Sehun could spill out the secrets in his cold heart.

Sehun looked sideways at him, putting his hand off his shoulder a little bit too harsh, "It's the truth, okay? Plus why did you bring up such weird topic?"

"Well..." Jongin looked back at Sehun, smiling at him, "Because I've noticed that bracelet of yours." 

Saying so, Jongin pointed at Sehun's right wrist, which has a blue bracelet around it. Sehun's eyes moved to his own hand and felt his hand is being grabbed by the other's strong hand. While Jongin still examine the bracelet, he asked another random question again.

"Where'd you get this from? From a friend maybe?"

Sehun only heavily sighed, as he doesn't even know the answer to Jongin's question. How should he answer, should he lie?

"I..." Sehun stuttered as he speaks, "I-- I mean-- My Mum gave it to me. Yeah."

Jongin looked at him in a weird way, "Isn't your Mum... have left you? Like she left the world? How should I put it..."

"I know what you mean." Sehun coldly answered, looking back down, "But I mean, she gave it to me before... you know..." Sehun's words trailed off like how dusts just blew away from the wind.

He knows that's not true, all the things he said was not true.

Sehun woke up to nothingness. He only saw the bright light and the light colour tinted the walls. While looking at his surroundings, he tried to sit up straight, but the pain starts shooting his back which restrained him from sitting up again. Grunting from the pain, he heard the door swung open, revealing his dear--

"...?"

"Sehun! You're awake!"

"Who... who are you?" 

 
Author's Notes

bello my fellow readers :3

so chapter 1 is finally out! yay! story might seem to be all over the place but, hey, at least i tried to make it on time

okay there are a few words that i want to talk about for this fanfic

i guess there will be some parts that will be considered as rated M, and also i didn't expect that swear words might be included so

i guess.. the policy of this fanfic have changed(?) hahahaha jk

and i know this story plot is quite easy for you guys to guess like what will happen next, well pardon me im a bad author

but you may not know what will happen next until i post chapter 2~

so if you do enjoy it, please subscribe because i surely do appreciate it and upvote will also be appreciated~ any critics and feedbacks are also welcome ^.^

that's it for now! im out! goodbye from the other side(?)

0Y0Lz4y.gif