Chapter 3

Friends?
III

 
 

"Luhan, we're done here!" Luhan's mother said loud enough for her son to hear, and Luhan soon smiled at Sehun and stood up. Sehun only looked up at him, wishing he's not going anywhere, but oh well fate is fate.

"Don't miss me too much." Luhan stole a poke on Sehun's cheek, which Sehun only frozed in place. He whispered something that made Luhan stopped walking to the door.

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday."

Luhan looked back at Sehun one last time, and only smiled as Luhan's mother called for him once again and with that, Luhan left Sehun alone without looking back, without any more words.

"Luhan..." Sehun silently whispered his name, which was not heard by the latter as Luhan just made his way out of the door. "Please... please don't leave me alone..." He was just about to raise his head up and realized that Luhan is no longer there.

After Luhan's presence is gone, Sehun looked down at the bracelet, it's still good as new. He didn't remembered why he left the bracelet before, or he's just pretending to not know anything. He didn't realized he was grasping on the bracelet and a tear was rolling down to his cheek, did Luhan accepted his apology?

"I regret everything...

I'm so sorry for what I've done, I know I've made you mad and sad... and that I was not always there for you.

Please forgive me... I just,

I don't want to be alone."

"Lu.. Luhan?"

The asleep slowly awoke from his nap by the sudden call, while smiling at the confused one, "Hey, awake already?" Luhan soon then get off Sehun and stretch his arms whilst rubbing his tired eyes. Sehun only watched him how he looks even more beautiful with the sun radiating from the windows-- stop imagining things Sehun, you just properly met him a day ago.

"Where am I? And why am I here? Who brought me here? What is happeni--"

Luhan hushed Sehun as he put his index finger in front of Sehun's lips, "Halt with the questions, I'll answer anything you're curious of after breakfast."

 

"I'll tell you everything you want to know."

 

With so, Luhan smiled once again and stood up, "Well, you still can chill here though, so if you need me just find me in the living room." Luhan said it while making his way out to the door.

Sehun sensed a little bit of déjà vu as he watched Luhan walk out of the room and close the wooden door. Everything seems like déjà vu here, even the scent of the room is familiar to him, the sweet scent of vanilla, the nostalgia...  

 

"Don't miss me too much."

 

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday."

 

"Please... please don't leave me alone."

 

     "I'm so sorry for what I've done..."

 

"I just... I don't want to be alone."

 

"There's nothing to be worried about if there's another person who's there to be with you aside from me."

 

"You don't have to say anything for now."

 

"Can we stop... talking about this?"

 

"Why you suddenly tell me this? Does it even matter if I listen to this?"

 

"You will used to it, you will."

         

    "I thought it would hurt you feelings and all and--"

 

                           "It hurts more if you told me just now."

 

 

"It hurts my head just thinking about you." Sehun whispered to himself, walking away from the park by himself in the dark, "It hurts my head so much that I didn't even think about myself." Stomping his way to nowhere, "Why do I even have feelings for you from the start..."

He stopped his footsteps for a second, "But should I go back again? I felt guilty all of a sudden..." He looked back at the bench which is now so far away from him, spotting a tiny figure still sitting there alone. His heartbeat slowly starts to beat faster as it hurts his chest, his mind told him to just walk away but his heart tells him to go back and restart everything.

"I.. don't think it's a good way to turn back now." He boldly said to himself, whispering an apology as he left the site with no regrets held in him.

"I'm sorry... I should've done better than this."

"Sehun! Sehun wait!" Jongin chased him down the school hall and grabbed his hand as soon as he able to reach Sehun. Sehun only heaved his loudest sigh he has ever done, looking back at the figure behind him, "Jongin, please. Don't you even dare to start talking--"

"You can talk about it with me." Jongin now holds Sehun's hand with both of his, drawing circles as he intently looking at the other's eyes, "What's the purpose of me then if it were not me to listen to your problems?" Sehun released another sigh as he looked down on the ground, "You don't know exactly what happened, Jongin. So please, let me solve this problem by my own."

"No." Jongin simply replied, "I witnessed what you saw before, you can't escape now." His voice became deeper as he spoke those words, "And that... I'm sorry you have to witness the scene."

Sehun, for the first time in the history, lean in and wraps his arms around Jongin. The other quickly response by patting Sehun's back and ruffling the other's blonde hair, "It's okay, I'm still here for you." Jongin place his chin above Sehun's crown, trying to calm the other down. Sehun can't help but to nuzzle on the slightly bare skin of Jongin's neck, he doesn't know why he started to feel like crying when he doesn't even know the emotion he's feeling.

"I knew you won't be able to handle this alone." Jongin whispered softly enough that only Sehun heard it, "Let's go somewhere else and talk about this. How about we chill in your apartment?" Sehun pull his head away as he made an eye contact with Jongin, "Why do I feel like I know him, and that I used to have feelings for him?"

Jongin only hushed and lightly place his lips on top of Sehun's forehead, "I don't really know what actually happened between you two, but the more we talk about it, maybe you can at least forgot about the problem."

"Which means... no basketball today?" Sehun's realization just hit his head and that he didn't even think about the other matters, "Just forget about basketball, we'll skip." Jongin quickly replied as he wrap his arms around Sehun's shoulder, walking down the hall and walking away from school. But Jongin felt a pang for no apparent reason, does it means that Jongin has to hide his feelings too for now?

They didn't realized that someone was watching them from afar, hissing at himself as he walk away to clear his head.

"I hate you, Yixing."

Leaving the bedroom fully dressed already, Sehun plan to go straight home because he felt disgusted since he didn't shower and it's weird to shower in stranger's house-- or so he thinks. Everytime he lays is eyes on Luhan, which he's now right across the room drinking his morning coffee, he felt as if he actually already know him from a long time ago, and that he's actually comfortable when he's around. Most of the time he's not comfortable with strangers, but Luhan is a different kind of stranger.

"Leaving already?" Luhan caught Sehun off-guard as Sehun was just about to grab his shoes. Are his footsteps even that loud to be heard? This apartment is not even that small, there's actually a lot of space in this place. But the thought of going home suddenly cancelled as Sehun heard the sound of rain gradually becoming louder and the droplets was visible on the glass window. Well, there's no way he's going home now. Wait, he can call the taxi though.

"I don't think it's best to go home now, Sehun." Luhan said so, "You've fainted and slept for two days and planning on going home with a weather like this? You haven't even had breakfast." Sehun slept for two days straight? Is that even possible? At least his memories weren't wiped off. 

Speech was well said, facts were on point, Sehun didn't even think twice as he walk back and drop his things. "I'm actually not that hungry though."

"But you can't skip breakfast." Luhan simply said as he handed Sehun hot chocolate, how sincere of him to prepare everything only for someone who hardly ever cares about himself. Sehun accepted his offer, taking a sip of the warm and sweet drink. He only followed Luhan as he was signalled to have breakfast in the dining area. From afar he spotted two plates of fried rice already aligned on the table.

"Is fried rice okay? I was planning to make pancakes but I'm running out of flour." Sehun only smiled at Luhan while replying with, "It's more than enough. Even better than pancakes." Luhan only smiled back at him as he took a sit immediately since he's too hungry to even think about anything else. Both were already comfortable at their seats, Luhan have a bite straight away while Sehun elegantly have a taste of the rice. Flavours explode in his mouth, words can't describe how delicious it is.

Finishing his last bite, Sehun was smiling as he took a sip of his hot chocolate, it's for the first time he has smiled for such a long time. It also reminds him when he ate fried rice with his friend when it was also raining-- wait what?

He also suddenly remembered when he was on the zebra crossing with his Dad, the day when it was raining hard, the day when he got crashed by a truck. His memories also starting to come back together too when he just woke up, but how come? He remembered the scene when he was playing hide and seek with--

Sehun felt pain in his head, the same headache he felt yesterday seconds before he fainted. He held his head with no self control, squinting his eyes from the pain hitting his head, good thing he was not outside in the rain at this time. Luhan immediately jumped from his sit, already knew this would happen again while grabbing the painkiller from the cabinet. 

"Are you sure you're still okay?" Luhan was really worried while watching Sehun took a pill of the medicine, "I'm okay, you don't really have to worry about me." The other only sighed after receiving the reply, "You know what, you should go take a shower and stay here for now. I have spare towel and toothbrush in the bathroom cabinet and just wear my spare clothes as you like."

"I feel like you're baby sitting me." Sehun looked at Luhan's worried face, but it's also weird how he receives so much care from someone he only knew for a short period of time. Luhan smiled again as he pat Sehun's back, "Just make yourself at home here. I treat everyone like how I treat myself." Those spoken words are enough to make Sehun's heart melt.

 

It was around the evening when Sehun was sitting next to Luhan on the couch watching some random korean drama they found. Comfortable? They thought so. But Luhan happened to lay his head on top of Sehun's shoulder, making Sehun flushed with the sudden action. Not sure himself to move away or to act as if he's flinching, but it only made Luhan to move closer. Sehun felt his heart is about to jump for no reason and he's sweating bullets, yet the rain becomes harder as the time comes. 

"Sehun, can I actually ask you something strange?" Luhan started the conversation while his eyes still fixed on the television screen. Sehun only replied with a simple yet nervous hum and that's when Luhan happen to reach for the remote and turn off the television. While his other hand is finding its way to rest on Sehun's lap, now is the time that he felt there's something wrong.  

"Ever since from the first time I laid my eyes on you," There was a short pause as he straighten his back and look at Sehun, "I feel like I've actually known you."

Sehun only stayed in his slouching position while thinking what in the world Luhan is talking about. Luhan? Knowing him? He knew that Luhan is so strange to him. Luhan, even the name is too familiar to him ever since he woke up from his deep sleep. It's strange when he's still not familiar with the name, but as the day come by, it feels like Luhan is just an ordinary name, as if he do know someone who's name is Luhan. That Luhan is his dearest friend.

"And also, when you were still sleeping," Luhan took something out from his pocket, which made Sehun's eyes widen at the object that he's looking at on top of Luhan's palm. The blue bracelet, happens to match with Luhan's, which is the red version of the bracelet, wrapping around his right wrist. Red and blue, total opposite...

 

"It's yours right? You left it yesterday."

 

"I know I wasn't supposed to detach your bracelet from you, but I just had to because it matches with mine, so I thought it's mine." This time Luhan's tone became deeper and deeper as more words came out from his mouth. Luhan reach for Sehun's right hand, whilst wrapping the bracelet around his wrist. Sehun only looked as Luhan is attaching his bracelet. 

"Who are you exactly?" Sehun absent mindedly asked the question out of the blue, no isn't it too soon to ask that? Taking his hands away from Sehun's wrist, Luhan only chuckled as he lift his head to make eye contact with Sehun and plastered a smile on his face, "I don't even know who I actually am."

The hand that was on Sehun's wrist is now reaching up to his cheek, caressing softly with his thumb as Luhan whispered to the other, "But I do want to ask you a favor," Luhan finds himself getting closer to Sehun while Sehun is drawn by Luhan's beauty,

"Don't leave me... ever again."

Luhan pressed his lips on top of Sehun's warm ones, a simple peck was already enough for Sehun to make his cheeks burn. The strange thing is that Sehun didn't even try to pull away, he tilted his head and started to return the kiss instead. Sehun felt instant déjà fu all of the sudden, it reminded him of the same kid that's been in his head for quite awhile.   

The sound of thunder was heard followed by the heavy wind.  They stopped shortly as Luhan pulled away and rest his forehead on top of Sehun's.

"I don't think this is right..." He whispered as he looked at Sehun's dark glinting eyes, "I'm sorry, I know we're not supposed to do this, heck why was I talking non sense too..." Luhan back away and stood up, but was stopped by Sehun as he grabbed Luhan's hand.

"Actually..." Sehun stuttered at first as he started to speak, "Anything that felt wrong can also be a right thing." He smiled as he pulled Luhan back down while linking his fingers with his. Luhan only locked gaze at Sehun, "You sure you won't regret all that already happened?"

Sehun only shook his head while fixing Luhan's messy brown hair, "In fact, you may regret it if you just left me here."

   

"I'm sorry I've been acting weird lately." Sehun sighed whilst hugging the pillow beside him, after telling Jongin what made him upset. Jongin only responded by patting his back and laying his head beside Sehun's, "You were always weird from the start... ever since you hang out with that guy."

Jongin's tone suddenly became deeper as he spoke the last sentence as he move away from the other. Sehun looked at Jongin who is now looking down while fidgeting with his thumb, got nothing else to say. Sehun can already read his face and see that there must be something Jongin holds within him, something that he doesn't want Sehun to know.

"Jongin..." Sehun whispered his name while putting his arm around Jongin's shoulders, "Please say something at least, it's rare for you to stay quiet like this." Jongin only heaved a sigh instead, so Sehun decided it's his turn to find something to talk about.

"The guy you meant before was Luhan, right?" Sehun finally let it out which made Jongin looked up to meet with Sehun's gaze, "Do you have something between him or something? Or do you not want me to see him again? Just tell me what's bothering you." Sehun continued with the questions while smiling at him. That smile, made Jongin's heart felt weak, he can't help it now but to release what he kept inside him.

"It's not that." Jongin replied while putting Sehun's arm away from him, but held Sehun's hand instead, "I only felt like I'm supposed to be the one who helped you. I was supposed to be the one who took care of you when you're not feeling well, I was supposed to be the one you rely on, I was supposed to be the one who... I mean...

I was supposed to be him. I was supposed to be the one who caught you from falling... not him."

 

Jongin was waiting for Sehun from the restroom as he finishes his taro bubble tea. Faint sounds of the siren was heard as he looked back at the window, there was a car accident right across the bubble tea shop. At the same time, he happened to spot Sehun just walked out from the restroom, but he doesn't look that well to Jongin.

As soon as he realized, Sehun happened to lay his finger under his nose and spotted blood covering a part of his finger. Jongin was about to stand up and race to Sehun's side, but he was not fast enough as someone else but him already ran to Sehun and managed to caught him seconds before Sehun fainted.

It was Luhan who caught him from falling, even though Jongin was supposed to be the one who caught Sehun. Jongin already knew it was Luhan by the colour of  his hair, but other than that, he spotted the red bracelet that Luhan happened to wear at that time. It was the same as what Sehun wore, but it was blue. He was told the blue bracelet was given by Sehun's mother, but how come Luhan has the same exact one but red?

Jongin didn't even try to stop Luhan from carrying Sehun and walking away from the shop with Sehun in his arms. He also spotted Yixing at that place, but was as confused as Jongin as he watched Luhan walked away without even saying goodbye to him. Jealousy started to grow within him as he watched the unconscious Sehun is now on Luhan's back. Why can't Jongin be the one who carried Sehun instead?

Jongin knew that the bracelet was not from Sehun's mother, he knew that it's from someone else. That someone else might be Luhan, he might have gave Sehun the bracelet. He barely spotted them together, since Sehun is always with Jongin. But seeing them now together, Jongin felt as if there's connection between them even though Sehun never told him anything about Luhan.

He wished he could break the connection between them, as if he could wish Sehun didn't even met Luhan in the first place.

 

"I didn't know you felt this way all this time." Sehun have nothing else to say, all he can do is to feel the tighten grip of Jongin's hand. Jongin only chuckled silently as he put his other hand on Sehun's shoulder, "It's fine, but now you know... how much I care about you."

As Sehun lift his chin up, he didn't realized his face is now an inch away from Jongin, but Jongin didn't mind while he leans forward and place his lips on top of Sehun's. Jongin started to move his lips while Sehun's mind didn't work properly all of sudden. A part of him tells him to go with the flow, but the other part of him tells him to stop and that this is wrong.

Jongin stopped all of the sudden as he is now resting his forehead on top of Sehun's. This reminded Sehun of Luhan, how he also rested his forehead on top of his, and how short the kiss was. Different person, different feeling, Sehun actually thinks that this needs to stop, even though wrong things can actually be a good thing.

"I guess I can tell you now..." Jongin smirked as he now face Sehun's mixed expression. Jongin's hand is now cupping one side of Sehun's cheek, "You know that I like you all this time, right?"

 

"Do you like anyone here around this school?"

 

Jongin only laughed at Sehun's blank expression, "I know this is so sudden, but you deserved to know that I'm the one for you." With so, Jongin leans in for another kiss, but

Sehun faced the other way to not meet his face with Jongin's. His mind has been telling him to stop this right away, this is definetly wrong, he wants his friendship with Jongin to come back, and that he wants everything to be normal again. He understands Jongin's feeling, but his heart has been denying the fact.

"I..." Sehun paused before he continued speaking, "I think I need some time alone." He moved back from Jongin while facing the opposite direction. Jongin is full of confusion, as he thought that this would work but it doesn't. He wondered why... is this because of Luhan?

"I thought... I thought we can actually move our relationship into another step and we can be together in a different way--"

"I said I need some time alone." Sehun's tone is now at its peak as he nearly shouted the last word. Jongin clenched his fist as he still didn't admit defeat. He stood up from Sehun's bed, he believed Sehun might hate this but he will say it anyway.

"Luhan will never notice you, Sehun." Jongin said so, as Sehun only sat still and not responding to him. "Luhan does care about you, he cares about everyone. But, the truth is that he only sees you as an object." Jongin releases his anger bit by bit as he still wants to make Sehun change his mind.

"I was the one who destined to be with you. You even witnessed it before right? Luhan did it right before your eyes. He did it with someone else who's probably deserved more to be with Luhan. And it made you upset right, that's why you need me to comfort you. This is why you should've let it go and forget everything about him--"

"I know you point Jongin." Sehun finally replied while still not trying to face Jongin, "I get what you're trying to tell me, but it still doesn't change the fact that you should leave my room."

Sehun paused before he continues, "Speaking of which, you probably wonder why I denied everything you said about him. It's because Luhan is a part of my memory."

Jongin's confusion started to grow upon hearing so as Sehun decided to face Jongin's direction now, "You probably didn't know I actually lost my memories right? You probably also didn't know I woke up in a hospital while not knowing why I was there in the first place. See? Even though you're close to me, you actually didn't know about my past, and you don't know about my past because I can't tell you about it since I lost it."

"But as I first laid my eyes on Luhan, I knew it got something to do with him. I might lost my memories because of him, so he's actually the key to bring my memories back. I'm also not sure myself, but the more I think about him, more memories actually linked together. The illusion that I thought as memories might not be true, but it actually made sense."

Sehun now looks up to meet with Jongin's eyes, "I think I've said enough. Now you know what I've been through and that you should definetly leave my room before my anger exploded." Jongin only heaved a sigh as he walked to the door, he said his final words before leaving the room.

"You can always come to me when you changed your mind. And you've changed a lot since you met him."

Hearing the door closed, Sehun kept staring on the door across the room. Was it the right thing to do? Should he run to him and fix everything? Or was it the best thing he could have done? But the question remains... if Sehun is still friends with Jongin.

"You don't know me well enough, Jongin." Sehun whispered to himself, even though the person is not in the room anymore, "Nobody knows me as well as I do."

He'll never know if there's actually someone who knows him better than anyone else.

Sehun decided to get some fresh air the other day after a short misunderstanding with someone who's supposed to be his friend. He didn't think about where he'll go, so he'll just go to places his heart desired. Which then he decided to take a stroll at the nearby park.

Upon arriving, he spotted an old oak tree which its leaves are already started to fall. He tried to walk closer to admire the tree, when he heard a child's voice echoing in his head.

 

"Ready or not, here I come!"

"Luhan... you're not going to leave me, right?" Yixing smiled as he graze his thumb over Luhan's bottom lip.

Luhan paused for a minute before he spit out the words, "I'm not leaving you... but we can't do this. This is wrong, you've chosed the wrong person."

 
Author's Notes

 

i forgot to warn you about the excessive skinship that will occur in this chapter.

ANYWAYS hello readers

idk if you all noticed that this chapter is slightly shorter... or is it just me?

and for those of you who made it to the author's notes, congratz you've just passed phase 1 of serious gayness

and for those who can't stand the gayness and the skinship of this chapter, i advice that you should stop reading this because the next chapter will be a lot more gayer than it already is (hopefully)

and if you also can't handle the feelings and the mixture of confusion of this chapter, i also advice you to also stop reading this because my stories are also full of surprises confusion.

but it doesn't mean that you all should leave (T-T ) ofc you can stay, just stay strong

so yes that's all i got to say and if you want to know more what will happen please subscribe to this story and upvotes are also appreciated ^.^ critics and feedbacks are also welcome

that's it and byebye awesome people~ (^O^)

 

i miss hunhan

0Y0Lz4y.gif