v. deal? (teaser)

☀ the princesses' exchange ; the tales of two kingdoms

"So, how did it go?" The Queen asked her husband, the current reigning King. He sighed wearily and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Good, good. Better than I expected, actually." He sat down on their shared bed and let out another sigh. His wife walked on over to him and sat right beside him.

"You don't look so good. What happened? You know you can tell me everything. We've been married for thirty-one years," she took his right hand and held it in both of her hands and looked at him longingly. "what is it, Seungwon?"

"He agreed to the treaty but the outcome wasn't as ideal as I thought although I have nothing against it. Our children are old enough anyway, right? They'd understand, won't they? Promise me they won't hate me, Youngae."

"Seungwoo, what are you talking about? Why should the treaty have anything to do with them in the first place?"

"Cho wants our kids to marry his kids." Having said those words, a slight burden had left his shoulders but an even bigger one landed back on him. The Queen let go of his hand and stood up in shock.

"What?! Seungwon! Did you say yes?"

"I told him that I would consider it."

"Are you crazy? This topic is out of consideration! Ami is only seventeen! Kyungmi isn't even done with school yet! How could you?"

"You were only eighteen when you got married to me and you had Kyungmi when you were Myungsoo's age. Why would age be an issue?"

"Age isn't an issue here, the real issue is that they don't know each other! I wouldn't want to traumatise our kids like that!" The Queen argued.

"You knew nothing about me except for my name and how I looked like! Just like you said, we've been together thirty-one years and I couldn't be happier." he took her hand and pulled her closer to him. "Come on, Youngae. Believe me, I didn't want to marry them off too early like how my parents and yours did with the both of us but this for our kingdom. A whole nation is counting on us! I wouldn't want to disappoint them. And with this treaty, our country will be so much more successful, progressive, and safe. And I've met his children before and they're wonderful. Everything is going to be okay, Youngae. Trust me on this." He kissed the back of her hand, calming her and reassuring her. She took a deep breath and exhaled. He stood up to smoothen the frown lines on her forehead, even though they've been together for three decades, she never failed to take his breath away every morning he wakes up next to her. He kissed her on the forehead as she closed her eyes.

"So, who's going to marry who? I need to know who my future sons and daughters in law would possibly be." She asked once she was a bit relaxed. The King chuckled at her antics, he'd never grow bored of her. He went into his study with her following right behind him.

"Well, we've only agreed for a few of them. The rest are still undecided." He opened a drawer and took out a small notebook. "Kyungmi is our oldest girl and me and Cho had agreed on Prince Siwon. He's the same age as her and he's very intelligent so he would probably be able to handle her. He's very well-favoured by Cho and Cho happens to like Kyungmi the most out of our girls too."

"But you know how Kyungmi is right? I don't blame her for it but her expectations towards men are always so high and she's very hard to please."

"Well, you never know. Hopefully he'd be able to charm her, considering even the most charming man here is unable to get her heart." The Queen hummed and nodded in response, urging him to continue. "Ami is paired with one of Cho's youngest sons, Wooseok. He's a pretty odd one but he's a pretty strong character too."

"Strong? Ami is equally as strong, maybe even stronger. She's almost stronger than all of our sons combined. Poor boy wouldn't be able to get through her. What about our boys?"

"I met Cho's second daughter at lunch today and she's a ball of sunshine. Her name's Jangmi and I thought Myungsoo and her would look great together."

"What about his... you know? His-" She said awkwardly.

"His courtesan, you mean?" He finished her sentence for her. "Well, he can choose to keep her and make her a concubine or drop her. It's up to him, really."

"I doubt Cho would want his daughter to share a prince with a mere concubine."

"Well, if Myungsoo wants Eunyeon to stay, she will. I may not agree with him having her here but he's still my son and he's old enough to make his own decisions." He said while flipping the page.

"Minho's engagement would probably be the easiest among all of them, it'd be like ripping a band aid. Cho pushed Saebyeol to marry him. I don't exactly know why but he was very insistent on them marrying each other."

"Well, I agree with him for once. Saebyeol is gorgeous and she's his golden child, no? Being so smart, athletic, and talented, and all? I actually think she's too good for Minho."

"Wow, that's a first. You never talk about our kids like that."

"Saebyeol is special, though. I give credit where it's due. What about the rest of the kids?"

"That's still undecided," he said closing the book. "I just hope this will turn out well."

"I hope so too. Come on, let's go to bed. You've had a long day."

***

"Ah, you should've been there Mimi! It was so much fun and the champagne there was to die for! Well, it's not as good as the one I tried at your place but a close second!" Kyungmi just laughed at her friend's effervescent personality which never seemed to die down. Miyoung was talking about her trip to Sevein last week. The Hwang family were at a ball that The Royal Family of Sevein had organised.

"Not to mention, the princes there were so, so beautiful. It's like their faces were chiseled by God himself! The suits they wore showed how toned and built they were too, I'm not lying to you when I said I had to stop myself from drooling and making a fool out of myself and my family. Personally, I found Siwon the best-looking out of all of them. He's really smart, too! One of the few princes I've met who actually knows what he's talking about." Miyoung ended her sentence and took notice of her friend's glum expression.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I don't know, Miyoung. I just have this weird feeling that something's bad gonna happen to me. I woke up feeling this way too."

"I think you're just overthinking things."

"I hope so too. Do you want to come over for lunch?"

"Would I ever refuse?" Miyoung smiled and linked arms with her friend as they headed to the castle. Two guards greeted them when they arrived the castle. The two greeted them. "Good afternoon, Princess Kyungmi. Good afternoon, Miss Miyoung."

"At ease, you two." Kyungmi told them and the guards visibly relaxed. "Have you both eaten?"

"Yes, we have, Princess. Thank you for your concern." Kyungmi nodded and she and Miyoung entered the castle. They were at the patio talking about school and other things while waiting for their lunch when a familiar figure joined them.

"Hey, you two." Kyungmi turned around to see the source of the voice. "Yuri!" She stood up to hug the girl. "Are you here with your dad? How was Egypt?"

"No, I came on my own. It was beautiful, I learned a lot from being there, actually. You guys and Heechul should follow me some time."

"That is, if I'm not stuck here. Dad's been acting weird lately, I don't know why." Yuri pulled out a chair and joined the two of them at the table. 

"Speaking of the infamous King Song Seungwon, I overheard my dad talking to him about something. I didn't get much since he was on the phone but he mentioned Sevein a lot."

"Sevein?" Yuri nodded. "What for?"

"Maybe you're getting married." Miyoung sipped her tea. Kyungmi chuckled uneasily. "Me? Married? Hah, that's impossible." But what if it was true? She thought. Was the uneasiness she's been feeling all day hinting to this? She hoped not.

 

***

A/N:

I can't believe that I've written five teasers already. Congrats to Kyungmi a.k.a ygsmjypfam! I'd have to say I didn't have much inspiration writing this one in particular but I hope you liked it! I've been having a creative block lately, I'm so sorry hahaha. I already have a few chapters written for the actual story but I can't start it yet until I've gotten all the applicants/characters I need so please be patient huhuhu thank you and keep applying, you beautiful lot!