iii. en garde! (teaser)

☀ the princesses' exchange ; the tales of two kingdoms

Sounds of struggle and pants could be heard coming from the field. Myungsoo was shaving his face when a loud scream was heard, causing for him to cut himself on the cheek. He exclaimed in pain and he took a towel hanging from the wall to wipe off the remnants of shaving cream and blood off of his face. He got out of his personal washroom back to his bedroom and he opened the window to see his youngest sister and her trainer sparring.

"Hello! Do you know what time it is? Look at what you did to me!" He said pointing to the slight cut on his cheek. 

The girl took the protective headgear off of her head to look up and reply to her brother. 

"Shut up, worm. Don't you have to leave in like 10 minutes? Why are you still here? Wait, let me rephrase my sentence; why do you exist?"

"I'm older than you, rat. Don't test me."

"Oh, what are you gonna do? Tell mum and dad? Psh, grow up, Myung. Whatever you do, I know that you know I can beat your in two minutes, tops." She said proudly with a smirk on her face.

Myungsoo didn't even say anything because deep down on the inside, he knew it was true. He showed his middle finger to her before closing the window and going back to his room to finish washing up. Who would've thought that the royal children fought on an hourly basis, cursed at each other, and even flipped each other off? Based purely on their appearances, you would think that they were siblings who never fought or joked around. Well, if you were to stay a day in the Caeria castle, you would probably leave as soon as you can as things can get pretty ugly from time to time. 

Speaking of ugly, there was even a fight between two of the sisters that it ended up with both of them getting admitted to the hospital but enough of that, for now.

After Myungsoo's small scuffle with his younger sister, she got rid of her protective armour and bid her trainer goodbye. She was sweating buckets and her blue t-shirt was practically soaked which was no surprise considering she was training under the hot Sun in heavy protective gear. She came back into the castle and was greeted by her mother.

"Ami! What were you doing? You're sweating like a pig! This is not how a princess should look like."

"Chill out, mum. I just finished two hours of training and I'm really tired right now so I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't nag me so early in the morning."

"Go get showered and dress nicely, please. You and your brother are going to town today."

"What? Why? Mummy..." She pouted and stomped her feet. Even though she doesn't show it or seem like it, she's often very affectionate with her mother.

"No excuses. You have exactly one hour to freshen up because you are disgusting right now."

"Why do I have to follow him though? And today of all days? Can't I go another day? I'm tired and you didn't even tell me." She pouted again and her mother couldn't help but to pinch her cheek and soften her tone while talking to her. 

"There are some visitors coming over today to visit some of your siblings and I need you and your brother to do some things for me, okay? You can even visit the orphanage or the old folk's home if you want to. You'll understand. It's for your own good." Her mother left the room after that, leaving her confused over her mother's weird statement. After hearing her mother's words, her personal maid Yeon greeted her.

"Good morning, Miss Ami," she bowed. "have you eaten yet?"

"Morning to you too, Adriana. No, I haven't actually but can you just get me some rice and kimchi and send it to my room?"

"Yes, I will, Miss Ami. Anything else?"

"Oh, did mummy tell you that I'm following Myung to town?"

"Yes, she already did and I've gotten everything prepared for you. I've drawn a bath for you as well."

"Thanks, Adriana. You may go, now." The maid gave another bow before going back to the kitchen to get the food that she wanted. Even though Ami was a princess, it still felt pretty weird for her to have a maid do things for her but she wasn't complaining. As she was going up the staircase, she thought of asking her brother if he knew anything. She was always closer to Minho compared to her other siblings anyway. She started knocking on his door.

"Min? You awake?" No response. She knocked harder.

"Minho? Are you up?" She rattled the doorknob to find the door unlocked which was unusual for Minho. The room was close to being pitch black sans the light coming in from the hallway into his room. Her brother was still very asleep which was honestly no surprise. She shut the door behind her and ran and jumped onto her elder brother's bed. She even shook him a couple of times for good measure.

"Minho! Wake up! Wake up!" He grumbled in his sleep but didn't wake up, which was odd to say the least. Ami wanted her brother to wake up because she had questions to ask. Minho has always been a deep sleeper but at this point he was pretty much knocked out cold. Ami slapped her brother on the cheek and that got him to wake up.

"Mmha. Whatsh do we haf tuduuuu?"

Or so she thought. Ami glanced over to the nightstand beside Minho's bed and found four beer cans on it. She checked if they were empty and they were. 

"Ah. I see. Were you moping over Liverpool's loss again?" She asked her brother though not exactly expecting a reply. 

"I'll just ask Myungsoo when we're on the way then, he should know something." She left her brother's room and went to hers where she found a tray on the glass table with rice, kimchi, and beef stew even though she didn't ask for any. She checked the note placed under the cup. 

"I know you didn't ask for the stew but you've been training in the morning and you need the extra energy. Fighting, Miss Ami! - Adriana."

She smiled and finished her breakfast before heading into the shower. She came out of the shower all dressed and presumably "ready to go" in the only dress she could bear to wear. It was a long sleeved yellow dress with a flowy skirt that ended right above her knee. Even though she was only visiting the people in town, her mother would flip if she didn't dress the part of a princess.

She was inspecting herself in the mirror. "Ami! Come on! We have to leave soon! What's taking you so long?" She could hear her brother shouting from the foyer downstairs.

"I'll be down in two minutes!" She stood up from the chair and almost tripped because of the high heels she was wearing. She's worn them so many times and was still having trouble getting herself used to it. She hated wearing dresses and high heels but if it meant that she could go to town and visit the orphanages and old folks' homes, she would do anything. Suddenly a fond memory of hers came to mind when she thought of going to town. Where she had met a really good friend of hers in a funfair when she snuck out of the castle two years ago. 

A fifteen year old Ami was roaming around the boisterous and festive funfair. She looked out of place to say the least. Everyone else was laughing and having animated conversations with each other. All in all, everyone was having a good time but it seemed that she wasn't. She had an oversized jacket with a short wig on to hide her identity as a princess because she couldn't risk anything. She came upon a food stall selling Japanese sweets when a peculiar character approached her. 

"You're looking extremely suspicious right now, you know?" Her body tensed up upon hearing the unfamiliar voice.

"I saw you watching my performance just now and you really stood out. With you being all shady and stuff. I'm Kogyeol, by the way. Its my stage name but you can call me Minsoo. And it's nice to meet you." He had his hand out for a handshake. She looked at his hand and looked back up at him, unsure of what to do.

"Ah, so you're that type of person. It's okay. I'll just hang out with you until you tell me who you are."

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers." She said timidly.

"Well, I don't blame you for not talking to strangers. Considering such a nice and sweet girl like yourself. But, you watched my performance and you know my name now. Does that really make me a stranger?" He teased and received a shy smile from her. Even though they haven't talked much at all, Ami found herself slowly loosening up to him.

"SONG AMI!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Geez! Don't get your in a twist!"

Myungsoo was dressed in a dress shirt with the colour similar to Ami's dress with a white blazer and tie to go with it. "Come on, we're running late." He grabbed her by the wrist and the pair left to town.

***

A/N:

And, the third teaser is up! Congratulations to Song Ami a.k.a Xion09! You've been chosen as The Fighter woohoo~ Honestly, I felt that this teaser was a little bad and it wasn't as well written as the others and I'm so sorry if I didn't do your character justice huhu. I'd love to see more people interested in applying into this fic because this is the first time I'm really dedicated to an apply fic HAHA. Also, I wouldn't mind more people applying for The Fateful Artisan or The Spirited Adventurer heh. I think I'm gonna leave a deadline for the applications and I've decided that the last day to submit your applications are on the 3rd of January next year (my birthday HAHAHA) so you have plenty of time!