vii. time for trouble, make it double! (teaser)

☀ the princesses' exchange ; the tales of two kingdoms

The girl rubbed the back of her neck and she scratched her head shortly after. She bit her lip in frustration and let out a weary sigh. She slumped her head down into her book while covering her face. Attempting to relax and hopefully manage in a few minutes of rest before the teacher would notice her.

"Kang Mina." The said girl grunted and slowly sat up. Caught too soon, yet again.

"Were you dozing off in my class?"

The girl stood up and brushed the dirt off of her skirt. She bowed slightly. "Not at all, Miss Kim." The girl had answered in Korean. The teacher sighed and rubbed her temples before looking back at the girl. "Kang Mina, how many times do I have to remind you that we only speak English in this class?"

"I apologise, Miss Kim." The girl managed to utter out in English.

"Well, if you weren't falling asleep in my class, would you be so kind and continue off from where I was reading earlier?" The girl was flustered and picked up the textbook and scanned the page. She was really trying to focus in class but she was too tired since she didn't get enough sleep yesterday as she was helping her parents with a hefty order from a rich family whose children all turned out to be lawyers, doctors, or politicians.

As she was trying to figure out which subtopic the class was focused on earlier, a slip of paper on her table caught her eye.

"She stopped at "That was the only time I heard Atticus to do something,""

The girl showed a small smile to the person beside her as a way of saying thanks.

"That was the only time I heard Atticus do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. "Your father's right," she said. "Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy."

The teacher raised a hand to stop her.

"Good, you may sit." Mina exhaled in relief as the teacher resumed with her teaching.

"You really saved my there, dude. Thanks a lot."

"Don't mention it. You're my cousin; what wouldn't I do for you?" The boy beside her (a.k.a her deskmate/cousin said).

"Which reminds me, why won't you tell anyone we're cousins, Jibin? Your weird fangirls keep threatening me to stay away from you. Can't you tell them the truth?"

"Don't blame me for liking the spotlight." He chuckled. 

"You know, fame has changed you. You shouldn't have become an actor."

"Hey! I'm not even a legitimate actor to begin with. All I did was that-"

"That fried chicken commercial. Yeah, not your fault girls started throwing themselves at you left, right, and centre. Save it." The said boy laughed heartily and pinched her cheek.

"You're so cute, you know?" With that gesture of his, she could hear some muttered curses coming from behind her. She'd never hear the end of it from them, would she? She pushed his hand away and rubbed her cheek in mock disgust.

"Don't infect me with your germs, you quail egg." Jibin gasped, appearing to be offended.

"Quail egg? How could you! I'd be glad to let you know that this face you deemed as a quail egg brought in tens of thousands of new customers for Nene Chicken. I raised their teenage girl customer demographic."

"Do you even know what customer demographic means? Good God, how are we related again?"

"Your mum and my mum are twins. I'm so thankful I didn't end up coming out looking like you, though." He joked. Mina scoffed and rolled her eyes. She took the notebook from her desk and hit him at the back of his head with it as hard as she could. The impact of the hit was loud and the whole class noticed it. But luck was on her side this time since the teacher left the room a few minutes ago to answer a phone call. Jibin bit his lip to prevent himself from exclaiming in pain too loudly as he slowly rubbed the back of his head attempting to soothe the pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He mouthed to her and she simply responded with a shrug and a smug smile to go with it.

***

"Hyemi."

"So, what do you think?"

"Hyemi."

"I know it's pretty bad. I must have paraphrased it wrongly or-"

"Hyemi!"

"It's that bad, huh? I should've known. I can never be a writer. I'm doomed to this eternal life of-"

"Hyemi! Will you shut up and listen to me for a while?" The girl instantly silenced herself after hearing her sister's words. She rarely got mad or irritated so she'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little bit scared. 

"Hyemi, this is really, really good. I'm not just saying this because I'm your sister either. From an unbiased opinion, I really like it. I mean I'm no expert on this but I really think you can make it as a writer."

"Really?" The girls eyes twinkled in happiness. "I spent so much time on it. I was worried it'd be too boring or generic."

"I really like your writing style. This is beautiful. Who knows? Maybe some day you'll be able to venture into writing lyrics and even plays! The possiblities are endless. I'm really proud of you, sis." The elder sister said as she pulled her younger sister in for a hug. 

"You should try showing this to mum and dad, you know." The younger girl started twiddling her fingers together, looking down. Avoiding eye contact with her sister.

"Hyemi, look at me. This is really good. You should really try and ask mum and dad what they think of it."

"I don't know, Cheonnie. Dad's really busy with all his travelling and what not. I wouldn't want to bother him with trivial things like this. Mum is busy preparing for her charity gala thing on Friday. I'll just show it to them another time." The girl said, a little disappointed and sad.

"You always say that. Just because you're the youngest doesn't mean they don't love you as much."

Easy for her to say considering their parents would give anything and everything for her, she thought in her head. 

"I'll try. But thanks anyway, Cheonnie. I really appreciate what you think." She gave her elder sister another smile before taking back her notebook and leaving her sister's room. She ascended the staircase to go to the TV room, hoping to clear her mind with some TV shows. She slumped herself on the Italian leather couch before switching the channel. 

As she was moping around, one of her brothers came out of their room with wet hair, fresh out of the shower.

"What's the matter with you? You sound like a dehydrated cat that's on its ninth life." He said while drying his hair with a towel. She opened her eyes to face her brother.

"Do mum and dad love me?" The man stopped drying his hair mid-way and looked at his younger sister with an incredulous look on his face.

"Did you really just say that?" He said as he sat next to her on the couch. "What made you think that way?"

"I don't know. They just never seem to have time for me."

"You're kidding, right?" Hyemi pouted in response.

"Oh, Hyemi. Our young, silly, gullible-"

"I'm not gullible."

"Little Hyemi. Cutie Hyemi. Hyemi Baby-"

"Get to the point, Minho."

"Of course mum and dad love you. I don't know what made you think that way but how'd you think they would feel if they were to lose you?"

"Well, they'd blame you for not taking care of me first." She joked.

"That's partially true but that's not my point here. My point is that they love you very much and they would rather die than lose you. Believe me. It's the same for the rest of us." He said while ruffling her hair. She flicked his hand away.

"Okay, you managed to cheer me up but get your hand away from my hair." Her brother laughed and slightly tugged her ponytail, irritating her further.

"Now that's the Song Hyemi I know."

 

***

A/N:

Did anyone get the Pokemon reference in the title? HAHAHA. Congrats to Hyemi and Mina a.k.a MinRin04! And, all of the Song (Mi) sisters have been revealed! I literally wrote this in the middle of a dream HAHA. I was asleep at like 3 a.m. then I had this weird epiphany to start writing so I came up with this lmao. Anyway, if I were to talk to any of you, what should I call you because I don't think calling you guys by your character names/usernames is appropriate HAHA. My name is Jennah but you can just call me Jen or Jenns since everyone calls me that uwu let's all make friends here n_n

PS: To Ami who has Wooshin as one of her love interests and to Hyemi/Mina with Kihyun as one of their love interests, I hope you don't mind if I make the two fraternal twin brothers because they're both the same age and it wouldn't make sense for them to be a month apart HAHAHA

Unrelated but can y'all look at this gif of Mino and Hyemi together ;___;