viii. quelle de surprise (teaser)

☀ the princesses' exchange ; the tales of two kingdoms

"PRINCE JONGHYUN SEEN AT OCTAGON CLUB LAST NIGHT WITH A MYSTERY WOMAN AT HIS SIDE."

The man of the hour grinned at the headline when his younger brother threw the newspaper in front of him on the dining table. "Mum's going to kill you." 

"Wouldn't be surprised." He said indifferently as he continued with his bowl of cereal. His brother sat next to him with a bowl of cereal in his hand and a cup of coffee in the other. Soon after that, their younger brother joined them at the dining table. With what, you might ask? You guessed it! A bowl of cereal (but this time he had orange juice in the other hand.).

"What's for breakfast?" The youngest brother asked as he walked into the dining area while rubbing the sleep off of his eyes.

"The cooks are off shopping for food. You'd have to make do with what we have now." The eldest one in the room voiced out.

"Which is?' The younger asked while tying his long hair in a ponytail.

"Cereal." The three elder brothers said in unison with their mouths full. The former shrugged his shoulders and went into the kitchen to get himself a bowl of cereal.

"So, Jong. How'd you think mum will react to your headline this time?" Myungsoo asked.

"What headline?" The youngest asked as he joined his brothers at the dining table. His question was answered when he saw the newspaper on the table. "Ah, I see. Can't keep your in your pants, huh bro?"

Jonghyun flicked a piece of cereal to his brother. "Shut up, Jeonghan. You think you're all that 'cause you got that Japanese king's daughter to like you? You're still a ." Hearing that, Jeonghan ate his cereal silently.

"He's eighteen, give him a break." voiced Minho. "Don't talk as if you weren't a at eighteen." He said while pointing his spoon to his older brother. Jonghyun moved in front of Myungsoo to smack Minho's hand, causing him to drop the spoon in his hand. "Where are your manners? I'm older than you." Myungsoo got in the middle of them before their scuffle turned violent. "Enough. It is 8 a.m. Mum already has your stupid fake headline to worry about, she doesn't need two dead sons right now. Even though, it'd be ideal for me and Jeonghan. Right?"

Not wanting to say anything wrong, the younger simply nodded. Jonghyun sat back down and the four of them continued eating (or playing with) their cereal. The silence was soon broken by the sound of the main door closing.

"Ah," interrupted Minho. "that must be our lovely mother. This is gonna be fun." he smirked devilishly as he looked at his older brother. Myungsoo and Jeonghan agonized in silence as he heard the familiar clacking of her heels against the marbled floor.

"Song Jonghyun." her calm voice said. She had a smile on her face but Jonghyun knew better than to buy into it.

"Yeah?" he asked unconcerned.

"I honestly do not know what I'm going to do with you." she said as she crossed her arms. "I've let this slide too many times. This is getting out of hand. When are you going to get a life together? I thought that you would be the most probable candidate to take over your father but I must've gone wrong somewhere." She scolded him yet he still seemed passive towards her words. She scoffed, irritated.

"No matter what I say, you'll never listen, won't you?" She sighed and gave an ambiguous smile to her son which put Jonghyun off a little bit. "Guess what? I have some great news for you. All of you." She said as she scanned the four men seated in front of her. "You're all getting married! Isn't that just exciting?" She clasped her hands together and gave an exaggerated grin. Upon hearing the news, the four boys dropped their spoons and stared at their mother with mouths wide agape.

"Wait, what?" they asked in unison. Their mother gave a little happy clap. "Yes! I'm so happy! Can you believe it? You boys are growing up so fast?" She said as she pretended to wipe away a tear. "You're meeting your fiancees or shall I say, "future wives", next week!" Myungsoo stood up, unable to comprehend the situation.

"Mum, you're kidding right? You're just saying these things because of him, right?" He asked worriedly, pointing to Jonghyun. She shook her head and pulled a chair out (all whilst having a smile on her face). She rested her chin on her hands. "You're going to marry King Cho's daughters! I wouldn't worry or freak out if I were you! They're all very pretty and I'd be very proud to have them as my in-laws. Would you want to know who's going to marry who?" She squealed in delight. "Gosh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to plan your weddings and have little royal grandchildren of my own!" Myungsoo slumped back down in his chair, unable to comprehend the words that left his mother's mouth. The boys stared at their mother, speechless. 

"Jeonghan, you're going to marry King Cho's youngest daughter, Minyoung! He's very protective over her so you should be honoured that he would allow the two of you to be wed. You're three years older than her, so this is the time for you to show King Cho that you're capable of taking care of his precious daughter and that age doesn't define your maturity!" Jeonghan started rubbing his temples after she finished her sentence. "Minho, my boy! You are going to marry Saebyeol! She's very, very pretty! I think she even does some modeling on the side! Your father and I along with King Cho are counting on you to make some beautiful babies!" Minho stood up and gulped. "Uh, I have to go... And... Take a shower." He hastily left the room after that.

"Myungsoo! King Cho personally picked Jangmi for you! She's like the Sun personified! You would love her!" Myungsoo frowned. "Mum, why?"

"Oh, hush! Grow up!" she scolded. "Jonghyun, the apple of my eye." She batted her eyelashes and Jonghyun exclaimed in disappointment. He still refused to believe that what his mother was saying was real. "You're going to marry King Cho's eldest daughter, Misun! She's a bit shy when it comes to men but I believe you can get her out of her shell! I expect you to lead the Song family to greatness!" She stood up. "I'm so excited!"

"Mum!" 

"Hmm?"

"What about Kyungmi, Ami, and Hyemi? Are they getting married too?" Jonghyun asked. 

"Oh, sweetie. Of course they are!" She smiled and left the room, feeling accomplished with herself. That should set the boys straight.

***

The eldest daughter of the Cho royal family was pressing flowers in a little black scrapbook when she was interrupted by the sounds of knocking against her door.

"Hey sis." She didn't even have to look towards the source of her voice because she instantly recognised it to be her younger sister, Saebyeol.

"Oh, Saeb. You need anything?"

"I'm just worried." Upon hearing the word, she stopped what she was doing previously. "What are you worried of?"

"Jinah. What do you think will happen to her if her family were to find out? I don't want her to end up on the streets."

"Oh, Saebyeol. I really don't know what to say. I'm so sorry but I really can't."

"But you're my sister. Even though we don't share the same mother, you promised you would always be there for me. No matter what. I'm asking you for help. I don't know what to do. When I came out you know how dad started treating me after that? It's like I don't exist to him!" The elder stood up and held her sister's wrists.

"Look, I may be afraid of the opposite and I may never experience love but don't let anything get in between you and the person whom you truly love. Why should someone's gender matter? Dad doesn't understand it because he has an old-fashioned mentality, but we're all here for you. Me, Minyoung, Siwon, Wooseok, Kihyun, and even Jangmi is here for you. Chin up, okay? Do you want me to talk to Jinah for you?" She asked, concerned. The younger wiped the lone tear away from her left cheek. She nodded. "No, it's not needed. I'll talk to her about it tomorrow. Thanks, Misun." She hugged her elder sister. "I love you."

Misun hugged her sister even tighter and smiled. "I love you too."

 

***

A/N:

And that was the last of the Cho sisters! Congrats to Misun a.k.a Layni17! Sorry if her section was so short because I really didn't know what to write but I still wanted you guys to get a bit of understanding to how Misun is ;__; so I hope it was okay, at least. And those who still haven't applied, don't worry! There are still a few plotlines left (and they're all my favourites tbh) so get applying! Also, sorry that I changed my faceclaim ;^^ I know it was a bit hasty and selfish but I just had a sudden thought that Yura would be better than Sungkyung huhuhu sorry again!

PS: follow my instagram and twitter if you'd like! We can be friends and get to know each other better there uwu.