Chapter 32

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waiting for the weekend to arrive was slow and painful, not only I was swamped with so much schoolwork it consumed most of my time, I also had to take care of Yeri and the house without the help of Seulgi’s car, which was harder than usual with the rain flooding the streets making it very inconvenient to do any trivial task like groceries or paying the bills.

 

Her old classic car having trouble finding spare parts also put in perspective how much our relationship depends on the machine, without it, our time together was cut severely short all week, we’ve both always been busy but we always managed to spend more time together because of her damn car, without it there can’t be any surprise visits or early make out sessions at the school’s parking lot leaving us with a small window of time a day to satisfy our need for each other.

 

Seulgi is the most vocal about her frustrations as always, she keeps whining about not being a good girlfriend for not being able to help me with my errands like she’s used to doing, as if it was her job, silly girl.

 

Thankfully, Saturday finally arrived much to everyone's pleasure.

 

“Irene, give it a rest already, we’ll see today.” Joy, who spent the whole week talking about how excited she was for today, now wants to pretend the whole desperation thing didn’t happen by rolling her eyes at me like the liar she is.

 

“I’m telling you, she likes you, I saw something that-”

 

“Yeah, yeah, if that’s true she can make the first move.” She dismisses me swatting her hand at me as she walks through the rack of clothes.

 

The girls told us to wait at the mall but they ended up taking longer than we expected, something about still looking for provisions, so Joy and I decided to walk around the mall and do some window shopping while we wait for the girls arrive for us.

 

“This is cute, don’t you think?” Joy says holding up a two piece bikini up to her face. “Too bad we’re broke.” She mutters after looking at the price tag.

 

“You know what? I can’t believe you.” I mock the girl that is slowly walking away from me. “When I first met Seulgi you were oh so liberal.” Joy glares at me from the distance. “Go with the flow, you said, remember? You’re such a hypocrite.” I say after doing my best Joy impersonation.

 

“I am not a hypocrite!” She defends herself. “Completely different situations! Seulgi was clearly into you, I was only pushing you to give the poor girl a chance! You’re welcome by the way.” She scoffs in an overly dramatic manner.

 

“Not denying the situation is different, just saying you’re a big coward.”

 

“I prefer the term precautious.”

 

“I swear if something doesn't happen today…” I say while sighing frustrated, Joy only grins playfully for a second and returns to browsing the store.

 

“There’s absolutely no difference between this and underwear.” She says showing me another bikini set. “Seulgi would be very pleased to see you in this.” She jokes wiggling her eyebrows at me.

 

“No doubt.” I agree with the girl looking at the garments in her hand. “And here I thought mine was a tad too much.”

 

“I wouldn't know, you haven't shown it to me.” She laments very disappointed, after learning my mom to the liberty to get one for me after work she’s been dying to see it. I don’t blame the girl, she knows this woman well after all and mom surely picked something a little bit different than what I had planned.

 

“Joy, please.” I scoff. “I wasn’t going to take pics wearing mine for you, that’s...weird.” I say grimacing. “I don’t even do that for Seulgi, and believe me, she has tried.” This makes the girl laugh, she’s always poking fun at Seulgi’s obvious lack of restraint when it comes to me.

 

“I bet she does send you pictures.” She says in a suggestive and teasing tone, technically she's not wrong, my ears burn up just thinking of the countless times Seulgi has sent risky pictures of herself before getting in the shower.

 

“Brb going to shower.” Is how she likes to caption these teasing pictures, only covered by the bath towel showing a bit too much of her flawless skin knowing very well what she's doing to me.

 

“So she does.” Joy says amused by my flushed face knowing the answer despite my silence.

 

“Not how you think, we don't do phone stuff, it makes me uncomfortable.” I explain as I get more shy with every word I say making her teasing grin become bigger and bigger.

 

“It’s not really needed when you two go at it every chance you get.” She reasons while playfully rolling her eyes at me, the implication amplifies my embarrassment, after all, she’s not wrong, her words were one of the arguments I used against the girl when she tried to change my mind on the ting thing.

 

“Just…” I trail off not finding any words to defend myself. “Just shut up.” I mumble under my breath.

 

Joy laughs pleased with my reaction as she takes a hold of my hand to guide me out of the store, we try to entertain ourselves browsing a bit more of the mall but we get bored pretty fast of the familiar sight, instead, we settle on sitting outside and wait for our ride to arrive while we keep talking.

 

The day is clouded, we notice, we laugh amused at the marvelous plan of having a pool day on rain season, is going to pour anytime now and I wonder if I’m going to be able to skip wearing the bathing suit my mom got for me just for the occasion.

 

These are the moments where I wish my mother was a bit more like the others.

 

Then again, another mom wouldn't let me spend the night with my girlfriend so easily.

 

“Irene ” Joy calls my name after a moment of silence resting her head on my shoulder.

 

“Hm?”

 

“Promise you won't disappear to have with your girlfriend, I need you today to make things less awkward between me and Wendy.” Her plead makes me both feel shame and laugh out loud, I know she’s hiding her plea behind a joke but it only makes me remember all of Seulgi’s texts lately. “Unless I ask you to, of course, maybe if I’m lucky I’ll need that time alone with her.”

 

“I promise I won't.” I say patting her head and we both giggle under our breaths. “You won’t need me anyway.” I say hyping up my friend. “You look great, you are great, what’s not to like?” Not empty words, Joy is a very attractive girl, she has always had people crushing on her without even trying, and that’s only talking about her looks.

 

Of course Wendy likes her back, I’m sure of it.

 

“Are you confessing right now?”

 

“Yes, I’ve always loved you.” The deadpan delivery makes the girl snort.

 

“That’s disgusting don’t even joke about it.” She says faking to be gagging in disgust.

 

“Oh, here they are.” I say pointing at Wendy’s big truck entering the parking lot, hard to miss it really.

 

Wendy presses on the claxon to catch our attention and we can see very clearly how Seulgi scolds her by hitting her arm and how Wendy hits her back wincing in pain looking confused as ever.

 

Seulgi rolls her eyes as she gets off the car and makes her way to where we are standing amused staring at the scene, the black sliders she has on makes it hard for her to pick up the pace making her almost trip to the floor a couple of times.

 

“Nice jacket.” She says happily, of course I wore her jacket today, it’s kinda cold outside, her on the other hand, is wearing a plain white tee, black joggers, her hair loose and a little messy, and of course, her necklace. “Hey, Joy.” She slips a quick kiss to my lips before going over to Joy and patting her shoulder in a friendly manner.

 

“What about my kiss?” Joy jokes as my girlfriend grabs both of our bags before we can even make a complaint.

 

“Hey, keep it down, my girl is watching.” Seulgi plays along winking at Joy. “Leave it for later, we have all night.” I pout and push my girlfriend not finding the joke very amusing making the girl stumble and laugh.

 

“Don’t give me the pout!” Seulgi warns. “Fine, she can kiss Wendy then.” She says playfully rolling her eyes and acting hurt missing the blush forming on Joy’s face. “Come on now, let’s go.”

 

“What took you so long anyways?” Joy says with her voice slightly cracking.

 

“Wendy is an idiot.” She says in our way to the truck making Joy laugh and relax, once there, Seulgi makes my best friend sit on the front seat of the big shiny truck and then she joins me in the back sitting very close to me.

 

“Ladies.” Wendy says to us as she turns on the stereo. “How are you two?” She grins charmingly hiding behind a pair of big retro shades, Joy eats it up, of course, she grins back flirtatiously and starts a conversation with her.

 

“Hi” She whispers in my ear, the sensation of her hot breath making me tremble under her hold. “I was dying to see you.” She kisses my cheek lovingly smiling against it.

 

“Me too.” I admit, we’ve been talking a lot on the phone about today and how excited we are about spending the night together with no one having to run out of the door the next day, she knows exactly how much I’ve been dying to see her too.

 

“I’m excited.”

 

“Me too.” I repeat kissing her cheek back, Seulgi smiles feeling my lips against her skin and tries to start a kissing session but I playfully avoid her enjoying hearing her groaning frustrated every time I do.

 

Once the car starts going we all grew quiet listening to the music and enjoying the scenery, that’s until Seulgi decides to take my glasses off and sneakily trails kisses from my neck, to my cheek until I can’t fight my own urges anymore and meet her lips, l follow her lead turning my body towards her guided by her hands, she then lift my legs to her lap to bring me even closer and places her hand under my shirt touching my waist.

 

We stay like that until our kind driver spots our little act on the backseat of her car.

 

“No, no, no.” We hear Wendy complain from the front seat. “You promised you’d behave today!” She groans turning up the music volume.

 

I almost forgot there are other people with us.

 

“Seulgi.” I call her name between kisses. “Please.” I put a hand on her chest and gently push her away giving her a scolding look, like I wasn’t just as into it as she was, making her pout like a baby for most of the ride yet not letting me change my position and keeping me as close to her as possible.

 

“Your folks just let you stay the night?” Wendy asks Joy finally breaking the weird silence me and the pouting girl at my side caused.

 

“Technically they don’t know.” She says pressing her lips together holding back her laugh.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“They think I’m going to your house during the day but stay over at Irene’s at night.” She grins and I swear I spot a little blush on Wendy’s cheek through the rearview mirror.

 

“Is your mom ok with that?” Seulgi asks me surprised.

 

“There’s no need for her to know.” Joy says turning her body to meet Seulgi’s gaze. “My parents trust Irene way too much, they won’t even bother.”

 

“Really? My parents would never be that easy going about staying the night somewhere else, they would definitely call...” Wendy says while shaking her head. “At least a million times for sure.”

 

“Yeah, they aren’t aware Irene is just your typical teenager.” She mocks me, Seulgi chuckles besides me until I poke her hard on the ribs making her flinch.

 

“What? You are for me.” She says holding back her incoming laughing fit.

 

When we reach Wendy’s house I get reminded of how big the place is, the last time I was here we arrived at night and I couldn’t admire just how beautiful everything is, from the beautiful green garden leading to the front door to the pristine and clean white structure, everything is just beautiful.

 

“And here I thought your place was big.” I comment to my girlfriend once we get off the truck. “It looks even bigger during the day.”

 

“You talk like you haven't been here before.”

 

“That night was...chaotic, couldn't really appreciate the beauty.” I defend myself. “What’s all that?” I ask seeing them grab several bags from the trunk of the truck.

 

“Provisions.” Wendy grins. “That’s why we took so long.”

 

“Even though I told her to let you two join us.”

 

“It was boring! They wouldn't have enjoyed it!”

 

“I would’ve liked it.” Joy interjects making Wendy grin drop.

 

“Told you.” Seulgi pushes the pouting girl with her shoulder.

 

We get inside the house and oh boy it looks so different without the hoard of people drinking everywhere, the first room that welcomes us is the big living room, there’s a big tv screen surrounded by a huge and comfortable looking couch, there’s a lot of modern art pieces around that weren’t here the first time I saw this place, Wendy was smart to hide the expensive art from the drunken crowd. The walls are white and so is the floor, most of the decoration is black in contrast giving it a modern look.

 

“Welcome to my kingdom.” She jokes noticing us marveling at the sight.

 

The room is well lit by the huge glass door leading to the pool outside, that part I do remember, but in the dark I couldn’t see just how nice it is, there’s a wooden floor surrounding the pool and there’s a fancy bar at the back end of the place, seems like Wendy’s house is completely surrounded by a beautiful green vegetation making it all even more impressive.

 

The girls tell us to put our stuff down and meet them in the kitchen, when we catch up with them we meet Wendy putting all the groceries on the black counter located in the middle of the room, there’s mostly snacks, several drinks and a box of instant waffle mix.

 

“Is that a waffle maker?” I ask tilting my head confused by the new packed electronic next to the food.

 

“Yes, it is.” Seulgi chirps happily.

 

“Why?” Joy asks for me being just as confused by the strange purchase the girls made.

 

“Because pancakes burn way too easily.” Seulgi says shrugging looking at Wendy who mirrors her lifting her shoulders at my direction in a way that says don’t ask.

 

“Ok.” Wendy says clasping her hands together to gather our attention. “You already saw the living room, the kitchen, the pool is outside… But you saw all that at the party already I guess...I think that’s pretty much it for this floor at least? The rooms are upstairs if you want to change already.” She says looking deep in thought. “Seulgi, turn on the pool heater.”

 

“Pool heater?” Joy ask in amazement.

 

“Well, yeah, it’s cold outside, plus it looks like it’s going to rain.” Wendy says casually as if having a climatized outdoors pool is the most normal thing in the world. “Let me show you where you can change while Seulgi and I fix some things.”

 

“Actually…” I say walking backwards avoiding Joy’s eyes. “I’m going to check on Seulgi so you go first.” I grin to them innocently and leave them alone.

 

I find Seulgi squatted down in front of the pool with a hand inside the water and her hair covering her entire face, the sound of my footsteps alerts her of my presence making her head turn to meet my direction showing me a goofy happy smile.

 

“So, a climatized pool, huh?” I voice out my amazement out loud, Seulgi only shrugs in response holding back an amused smile. “This is too much.” I continue much for her entertainment. “This is unreal.” I say looking at the sight.

 

“Did you know she still makes me pay for her food?” She says as she stands up drying her hand on her joggers. “The audacity.” She rolls her eyes, then she checks our surroundings and steps closer to me sneaking her arms around my waist. “Where are the other two?”

 

“Changing.” I put my hands on her collarbones tracing them delicately with my fingers enjoying the sensation of being in her arms.

 

“What about you?” There’s already a pout forming on her lips.

 

She’s such a baby.

 

“I’m busy with you.” Her pout vanishes with my words.

 

“That’s really cute and all but I’m dying to see you both.” She says huffing me tighter. “Come on, let’s get your bag.” She kisses my lips really quickly and then separates our bodies. “Come on.” Seulgi repeats tugging at my hand.

 

“Both.” I complain with a pout as I let the girl take me into the house. “Not just me?” I can’t help but blurt out feeling a pang of a, I recognize, very childish jealousy for not having all of Seulgi’s attention.

 

Why is she interested in seeing Joy?

 

I admit the girl has a very...appealing and shaped body but I am her girlfriend!

 

“Honestly, I really meant you but didn’t want to sound too desperate, you know?” She flashes me a grin, her words calming my idiocy right away and making me return to my excited self.

 

As we make our way to the second floor we find Wendy leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and tapping her foot down, Seulgi frees my hand and goes over to the girl and pulls her off the wall by her white shirt.

 

“What are you doing here?” The taller girl asks her friend.

 

“I’m waiting?” Wendy replies furrowing her brows, Seulgi takes a quick peek back at me and then she steps closer to the girl.

 

“Then go change and wait by the pool like a normal person?” The captain says in a really bad attempt at a hushed tone, Wendy stares at the girl with her brows still furrowed looking deep in thought. “You said...l...” They look at me again. “...causal?” This makes her snap out of her confusion it seems, she nods at her understandingly and patting her arm.

 

“What the hell are you two talking about?” I say not understanding the situation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter