Chapter 6

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi has being busy preparing for the first game. So busy it's hard for her to pay attention to our tutoring sessions, I try to be mad at her but it's hard to be mad at someone who's sleeping so comfortably resting her head on the table, quietly snoring I might add.

 

She has a math test in a couple of weeks and she so bad with numbers. But I can't just tell her to not be tired, not when the reason for her state is the upcoming tournament, she tries to play it cool but she's stressed, I know it, she has a lot of pressure on her shoulders since everybody depends on her.

 

I hear people talk about it all the time, what they expect of her, how sure they are. Even my mom and Yeri talk about it, especially the little girl, it makes me feel kind of bad for the girl who's so tired she found comfort in a wooden table and an awkward position.

 

So I let her sleep while I quietly observe her, how her still wet hair sticks to her forehead and how she's not so charmingly drooling all over the hand she's using as a pillow. I grimace at the sight even though admittedly I find it kind of...just a tiny bit adorable, but just a little bit.

 

We have never been together for so long without her saying something stupid and ruining everything, it feels nice especially since she can't complain about our postponed date while she's sleep. I told her we can have it after the first game but she's just so stubborn about it, I think she does it so I don't forget about it as if I could.

 

Seeing the giant clock above the not so intimidating mascot logo on the library's wall, I see it's almost time to go. With her practicing and everything, the principal told me to cut down the session for just an hour a day, which is highly unproductive especially because she really...really with numbers and passes the little time we have scheduled sleeping away.

 

I poke her cheeks a couple of times trying to wake her up gently, she stirs and turns her head to the other side. “Seulgi, is time to go.” I say softly shaking her a couple of times. “Let's go home.”

 

“Five more minutes.” She mumbles her voice showing how tired she actually is.

 

“Seulgi.” I try again leaning in closer. “I want you...” I whisper in her ear blowing hot air in it.

 

“What?” She pulls up with her eyes still half closed looking confused putting a hand on her now red ear. “What did you just say?” She asks cleaning the drool from her face.

 

“I want you to take me home?” I tilt my head and furrow my eyebrows, she looks utterly confused for a few seconds with slightly opened and I hold back a laugh when I see her rosed tinted cheeks.

 

“Um, yeah of course.” She mumbles rubbing her eyes a little too hard trying to get rid of the embarrassment. “Sorry I fell asleep.” She blinks a couple of times focusing on my face still a little confused.

 

“Again.” I tease.

 

“Yeah, sorry I fell asleep again.” She chuckles stretching her body grunting and turning her head away from me.

 

“Hard week?”

 

“Busy week.” She corrects. “But I'm used to it so...” She shrugs cutting down the conversation standing up and taking her backpack. “Shall we go?” She offers me a hand that I don't take making her laugh under her breath as I walk ahead of her.

 

“Maybe we should go for a cup of coffee.” I say hearing her yawn behind me. “I mean for you.”

 

“Don't want to part from me so soon eh?”

 

“Yeah, that's exactly it.”

 

“Normally I would say yes to have more time with you in a heartbeat, but I think I should sleep.” She says catching up with me. “Thank you though.” She says this in a warm tone that takes me by surprise, but I say nothing about it.

 

The ride to my place is weird and uneventful, she's too busy yawing and fighting the tiredness to make small talk with me, I don't mind, of course, silence is better than hearing her embarrassing advances towards me. We just listen to some loud music and I make sure to change the song if a ballad comes on worried about her state.

 

“When the first game is over we'll have our date.” She states when she stops in my driveway. “Don't think I forgot about it.”

 

“I know, you remind me every day.” I mock. “You text, call and write me about it every freaking day.” Since she found out her extra practices would get in the way of our date, the quantity of extraness increased considerably, Joy loves it. “And why would I forget it when I was the one who told you we can have it after the first game.”

 

“Just in case you want to backtrack.” She smiles. I meet her eyes holding onto the door handle and see the exhaustion in them, she yawns once again and I get worried for her well being.

 

“Are you sure you can drive to your place like this?” I let go of the car door handle and turn my body to face her. “You keep closing your eyes, are you that tired?”

 

“Yeah, I'm ok.” She lies to me. “I just need to go home and catch up with some sleep.” She smiles to me and gets out of the car. I watch her walk over to my side and open my door, rolling my eyes I get down the car and grab her arm pulling her with me.

 

“Let me make you some coffee.” I say pulling her with force. “So you don't have an accident on your way home.”

 

“Irene it's ok really, you don't have to.” She says that but she doesn't put on a fight as I drag us both to my house, in fact I can almost hear the happiness in her tone. “Is Yeri home?” She asks entering the place.

 

“She's probably in her room.” I reply checking the time dragging her to the living room and making her sit on the couch. “Stay there while I check on her and make you some coffee.”

 

“Yes ma'am.” She smiles still holding onto my arm. “You're cute when you worry about me.”

 

 “Seulgi don't make me regret being nice to you.” I whine a little bit.

 

“Aw don't be like that.” She grins. “You know what's better than coffee?” I can see the small sparkle of mischief in her eyes already.

 

“What is it Seulgi?” I say exhaling regretting already getting worried for her.

 

“A kiss.” She tugs my arm. “That would wake me up in a second for sure.” She's more forward as the days pass, I try to get rid of her hold but as expected she's stronger than me. I know she's just teasing me and she won't actually do it unless I agree to it but still, it makes me feel nervous to have her so close.

 

“We haven't even had our date yet.” I groan trying once more to pry my arm from her.

 

“Oh? So it's ok after our date?” She keeps on teasing me pulling me a little bit closer as I'm trying to get away from her embarrassed by her comment, but I just stumble forward falling on top of her. I put my hands on her shoulder to avoid the hit. “Oh, sorry are you ok?” I hear her say as I pry my face from the couch.

 

“Why are you like this?” I complain grunting feeling a little pain in my knee. She just laughs patting my back, I pull back and realize the uncomfortable position I'm in right now, I try to stand up but she quickly puts her arms around me keeping me in place.

 

“Stop being so jumpy, are you scared of me or something?” She says softly, I refuse to make eye contact with her from this nonexistent distance, I feel her hand caress my cheek and I tense up instantly. “I wouldn't do anything you don't want to.” And just like that, she lets her hands drop to her sides freeing me from her hold.

 

Finally, I dare to meet her eyes and find her staring back at me with her sleepy eyes and a small content smile on her lips. “Unnie are you home?” Both Seulgi and I turn to where Yeri is standing wide eyed probably mirroring our expressions. I jump back up in a flash while Seulgi arranges her clothes clearing . “I didn't see anything!” Yeri says covering her eyes. “I didn't, I didn't!” She goes back to her room jogging with her voice echoing in the house and my brain.

 

Seulgi laughs loudly covering her face while I stay rooted on my spot with my face red as a tomato. “Get out.” I say dryly. “Get out now.” She keeps on laughing standing up from her seat and puts a hand on my shoulder which I brush off slapping it multiple times. “I'm serious.”

 

“What about my coffee?” She says catching up her breath. “Are you going to let me drive like this?” She closes her eyes pretending to be asleep.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter