Chapter 14

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sweetie.” I say to my reflection in the mirror and cringing immediately after the words come out of my lips, I rapidly shake my head trying of get rid of the incoming blush and set my sight on my reflection again. “Honey?” I cringe again shutting my eyes. “This is ridiculous.” I huff stepping away from the mirror messing up my hair. “I give up.” I let myself fall on my bed and stare at the ceiling, why I'm always listening to Joy?

 

She pointed out how Seulgi has many nicknames for me, she's always calling me with an endearing term even in front of others and how cold I come of when I just call her Seulgi. I didn't think too much at first knowing we're different in public than we're on private, I might not have a pet name for her but I'm almost sure I'm not cold towards her behind closed doors, I don't think so.

 

But then she called me over the phone when she was away for her game and suddenly it felt so awkward to call her Seulgi, stupid Joy making me feel self-conscious. It felt extra weird because she called me at least five pet names over the conversation, she never used my name, I tried to say something sweet and ended up just saying. “Good luck.” Nothing else. She seemed happy with that though, still, I would like to reciprocate her feelings better hence my frustration right now.

 

I would like to have something for her for when we reunite tomorrow at school again, a simple nickname would be nice but for some reason I'm having a hard time figuring one out, or rather I have a hard time picturing myself saying it to her with a cute tone like she does. Why is it so hard for me to be all sweet and couple-like with her? It's not like I don't like her, I do and a lot according to bystanders, but she makes me so nervous I can't bring myself to say that kind of stuff, it's like my brain stops working altogether and all I can do is kiss her to convey my feelings.

 

Feeling my stomach growl I stand up from my bed to see if the dinner is ready, before exciting the bedroom I spot Seulgi's jean jacket resting on my chair, smiling I put it on and head downstairs to the kitchen. “Mom do need any help?”

 

“Help with that?” My mother says from the living room, I furrow my brows and go seat with her and Yeri besides the couch.

 

“Um, dinner?”

 

“I ordered a pizza.” She mumbles her eyes set on whatever cartoon Yeri's watching.

 

“What about having a Sunday with home cooking and all that jazz?”

 

“That was if Seulgi stopped by.” I roll my eyes hearing that.

 

“Really now?”

 

“What? You rather want me to cook? Are you sure about that?”

 

“I like pizza.”

 

“That's what I thought.” She giggles. “Did your girlfriend win the game by the way?”

 

“I don't know, I'm waiting for her to call me.”

 

“Seulgi is the best, of course she did.” Yeri cheers on the other side.

 

“You two like her way too much.” I shake my head and take out my phone to type a message to Seulgi. “Still playing?” I hit send and wait for her reply.

 

“You should be glad we aren't like your mother in law.”

 

“Trust me, I am. Still, I find it a little obnoxious.” I comment leaning my head on her shoulder. “You could at least pretend to be strict.”

 

“I trust you and I don't agree with being too strict, kids should be able to screw up by themselves.” She pats my cheek a little too roughly. “Now if Seulgi screws up...”

 

“You'll turn on her? I'm shocked” I joke earning a playful shove.

 

“I like her now but if she does something she can forget all about your cool mom.” I chuckle but I know she means it, she might look like she's relaxed all the time but when she's mad she's scary. My cellphone starts ringing and we see Seulgi's name flashing on the screen. “Tell her I said hi.” My mom sings as I get up to find some privacy.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, sugar.” She says followed by multiple people incoherently screaming in the background. “Yah! Knock it off.” She complains, I quietly laugh hearing someone imitating her hey sugar in a mocking tone and another singing Irene I love you. “Stop being so immature.” She grumbles.

 

“I'm guessing the game's over?” I assume by the loud cheers in the background.

 

“Yeah, we're on the bus on our way back.” She mumbles trying to avoid more teasing.

 

“Did you win?”

 

“What? Babe please, what kind of question is that? Of course we won.” I hear cheering again. “Dammit.” She courses after lighting the fire.

 

“I can call you when you get home.” I comment hearing the turmoil on the other end of the line. “Celebrate with your teammates.”

 

“No, no, no, don't hang up.” She begs, realizing her mistake she loudly grunts as a string of aw's and whistling can be heard in the background. “I swear if you don't stop I'll make this week a living hell for all of you.” That seems to do it, after some complaining, they finally quiet down. I can hear her release a relieved sigh.

 

“You girls sound happy.”

 

“Winning is always a happy thing.”

 

“True. Are you tired?”

 

“Not really but I'm sure I'll be in a short while. How are you? I miss you.” I hear some suppressed mocks from her teammates and Seulgi shushing them.

 

“That one was your fault.” I say about the teasing.

 

“Yeah, yeah I know.” she giggles “But it's the truth.”

 

“You only went away for a couple of days.” I mumble closing my eyes.

 

“Two whole days!” She sighs dramatically making me giggle. “Aren't you going to say it back?” She whispers clearly trying to have a private conversation despite her teammates being ready to at any moment.

 

“I...” My face heats up instantly, I clear my throat and take a breath. “I miss you too.” I whisper back feeling embarrassed as soon as the words leave my lips, this is worse than speaking to myself in the mirror saying cliché nicknames for her.

 

“Are you sure? You don't sound like you do.” She teases, I look down at her jacket covering my body and blush harder.

 

“Um I do...I'm actually...” I do little jumps trying to find some courage. “I'm actually wearing your jacket right now.” I confess trying to do the whole reciprocating her feelings I was thinking of earlier. She's always so honest, I should try to be more like that as well, at least with her.

 

“Really?” I can picture her grin hearing her happy tone, maybe being honest with your feelings is a good thing. “Don't say stuff like that when I'm so far away.” I also break into a grin hearing her whine. “I can't wait to see you tomorrow.” She whispers almost inaudibly, I hear the doorbell ring and almost sigh disappointed.

 

“Dinner is here I have to go.”

 

“Oh, um I'll call you when I get home.” She says also disappointed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter