Chapter 22

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather's awful today, it has been raining since very early in the morning, I know this because I had to wake up earlier than usual to meet Seulgi at my front door. She’s shivering from the cold when I open the door for her, I also notice how her clothes are wet despite the short walk thanks to the windy rain and lack of umbrella. “Come in already, silly.” I urge her to step inside the house by grabbing her by the arm and dragging her myself.

 

“It’s awful out there.” She complains while quickly taking off her wet sweater and putting it aside, she shakes her head to fix her hair making herself look like a puppy, she stops when she hears me giggling and grins bashfully. “Hey, good morning, babe.” She greets me while I properly get rid of the wet strands of hair stuck on her sleepy face as the familiar tightening feeling on my chest makes its appearance.

 

“Morning.” I lock my arms behind her neck and feeling a little daring I kiss her cold lips until I feel her turn warm and my heart beating a bit too fast.

 

“More.” She mumbles her demand leaning in for another kiss, I keep her at bay by putting my hands on her shoulders and lightly pushing her away. “Babe.” She whines knitting her brows together.

 

“Mom’s in the kitchen.” I warn her still not pulling away from her, she checks out the empty doorframe of the kitchen while pursing her lips out looking annoyed.

 

“Can we go to your room?” The shamelessness in her tone makes me giggle.

 

“Yeah.” It comes out as shy but it quickly goes away seeing the big grin on her face, she looks so innocent and cute when she smiles, it never matches what I know is running through her head in times like this. “Come on you idiot.” I roll my eyes taking a hold of her hand to lead the very pleased girl further inside the house.

 

“You mean baby.” She corrects me.

 

“I mean what I mean.” She laughs at my embarrassed tone and squeezes my hand lovingly.

 

“Wait, let me say hi to your mom first.” She takes a few seconds to fix her appearance before entering the kitchen and I’m not entirely sure but I think I saw her lips moving as if she was rehearsing what she’s going to say to my mother, she would.

 

“Seulgi.” My mom says first without taking her eyes off her task catching Seulgi off guard. “I was hoping you’d stop by today.”

 

“Um, were you?” Seulgi replies awkwardly.

 

“I was making extras in hopes you would.” She says turning around and showing a caring smile which Seulgi immediately returns.

 

“Oh, thank you.” I wonder why Seulgi is always on the edge when she talks to my mom when she’s...like this...who’s mom is like this? Definitely not Seulgi’s that’s for sure…it’s cute though, the way she swift from foot to foot and plays with her thumbs while talking to her all nervous.

 

“I wasn’t expecting you so early though.”

 

“About that…” Seulgi rubs her neck awkwardly and looks at me shyly with a blush on her cheeks, such a rare enjoyable sight, it intensifies the feeling on my chest making it hard to breath for a second.

 

“I get it.” Seulgi blushes harder and looks down embarrassed. “I’ll call you both when breakfast is ready.” My mom gets back to her task and immediately Seulgi grabs my hand and drags me out of the kitchen.

 

“You’re such a coward.” I laugh once we’re in my room.

 

“I’m not.” Seulgi makes sure to close the door behind her before speaking. “I thought she found out about...you know.” She mumbles while scrunching her nose cutely. “I’m too young to die.”

 

“How could she possibly know?” I furrow my brows and tilt my head confused, if she knew she would have said something, she’s usually very laid back but knowing Seulgi spent the weekend with me and not saying anything about it is a huge stretch. She would be furious about it, mostly about the lying part, then after a couple of hours she would return to planning our wedding probably. The thought makes me chuckle.

 

“What’s so funny?” Seulgi is already all up in my space without me noticing, she places her hands on my hips and steps closer leaving almost no room between us, having her this close in my room feels different than before, just having her looking at me while I can feel her breathing is enough to make my heart race ridiculously fast, I wonder if she knows it.

 

“You being such a coward.” I try to at least not show it as much, how much she affects me while doing absolutely nothing, I don’t think it works, it doesn’t help I have to look down at her shirt to be able to speak up.

 

“She’s your mom, you know.” She defends herself while she kisses my cheek lovingly and slowly. “It’s...natural.” The feeling of her breath against my ear makes me shudder and she quietly laughs kissing my jawline.

 

“I should...be the one scared...of your mom.” A hand of mine instinctively tangles itself in the back of her head and my eyes shut down feeling her lips reaching my neck. “She hates me.”

 

“She doesn’t hate you.” Seulgi says against my skin as her hands wander all over my back.

 

“Please.” I say in half a groan. “Then why…” I trail off and clutch her shirt when her teeth sink into my skin. “Why..” I try to remember what we’re talking about as she leads us both to my desk’s chair making me straddle her, a position she favors a lot I’ve noticed.

 

“Yes..?” She teases me kissing my neck and pulling my body to hers closer with her arms.

 

“Why...” I gasp feeling her hands go dangerously upwards under my shirt. “Yah.” I pull back worried about someone walking in on us rather than her actual actions and glare at her.

 

“What?” She tilts her head acting innocent, this look of hers is probably why people think she’s such an innocent angel, yeah right.

 

“Stop.” I warn her playfully squinting my eyes at her, I can feel her heart beating hard against me and can see her fighting to keep still.

 

“Stop what?” She furrows her brows still acting innocent, while removing my glasses and tossing them aside.

 

“You know what.” It doesn't last long before she returns to her previous antics. “Yah...Seulgi.” She trails kisses down to the little exposed skin left by my shirt. “What if...someone barges in.” I groan.

 

“Don’t worry, I locked the door.” Of course, I cup her face and pull her away from me. “Hm?”

 

“Really now?” I playfully scold her, I know what she’s up to and I also know either Yeri or mom is going to look for us any minute now judging by the time and the smell of freshly made pancakes sneaking up here, my mom is very understanding but not this understanding, to be fair to the girl though, I could easily stand up and stop all of this, is not like she’s retraining me.  


 

“Of course.” She knows I’m just being paranoid, she would stop her hands still under my shirt caressing my bare skin if it was something else, Seulgi initiates a kiss successfully stopping me from replying further, she tries to press my body against hers which is impossible to do so while we’re kissing in this position, regardless, she still keeps tugging and trying.

 

I hum against her lips trying to voice something out. “Seulgi.” I manage to get a little grip on myself. “Baby.”

 

“Ugh, that just makes it worse.” She grunts exasperated breaking the kiss making me laugh, she puts her hands under my thighs and stands up without giving me a warning, I squeal and break into a giggling fit while instinctively wrap my legs around her torso to keep myself from falling, she shushes me also laughing and carries me to the bed gently letting my body hit the mattress and climbing herself on top of me.

 

“Sure you locked the door?” I ask softly just to make sure while looking into her eyes and brushing her hair away from her pretty face, she nods in response and closes the small gap between us initiating another kiss letting her weight fall on top of me.

 

Seulgi grunts again this time in displeasure hearing a repetitive small knock on the door. “Breakfast.” We hear Yeri’s sleepy voice through the door and another knock asking for an answer.

 

“We’re coming.” I respond to my little sister while gently pushing the disappointed Seulgi aside.

 

“No, we’re not.” She mumbles kissing my cheek, it takes me a second to register her little joke on my brain, when it finally does I blush furiously and begin to hit her repeatedly. “Hey.” Seulgi laughs covering herself from my attack with her arms.

 

“ert!” I say not stopping my attacks climbing on top of her.

 

“Stop.” Seulgi keeps laughing not helping my embarrassment. “Hey!!” She says trying to grab my hands, finally she catches my hands stopping my movements. “I’m sorry!” She says between laughs while struggling to sit up and tackling me in a hug.



 

+++



 

Joy and I find ourselves staring at the rain outside of the school’s building watching the students run towards their respective rides, others are standing beside us considering their options, to wait for the rain to subside or to make a run for it. I’d take the second one but Seulgi texted me saying we actually had a ride today and to wait right here.

 

“Girls, your ride is here.” We turn around and to our surprise it's not Seulgi but Wendy who’s calling for us.

 

“Oh, thank you.” I say to the girl genuinely grateful.

 

“Seulgi made you do this, huh?” Joy says mocking the other girl, Wendy shrugs dismissively and opens her umbrella. “Isn’t she sweet? Always looking out for you.” Joy turns to tell me while slightly pushing me with her shoulder making me feel a little embarrassed, could she not say this kind of stuff in front of Seulgi’s best friend?

 

“The sweetest...” Wendy repeats without emotion. “You should join the team for a while to see if you keep thinking that.”

 

“That bad?” Joy grimaces.

 

“The hell’s captain is proud of her new nickname.” Wendy sighs. “Let's just say I’m glad the coach let me sneak out to give you girls a ride.”

 

“Oh, come on, she can't be that bad.” I defend my girlfriend, I can’t really picture her being mean to anyone, not even in the sport’s setting, she’s like a kitten.


 

“Girlfriend goggles.” Wendy scoffs while shaking her head. “Trust me, she’s the worst. Wait right here while I bring the car.” With that she sprints into the rain holding tightly to her umbrella.

 

“Girlfriend goggles?” I ask furrowing my brows, Joy shrugs in response not caring too much about it.

 

I’ve never seen Wendy’s car before so I was surprised when a big black shiny truck stops right at the entrance. “Wow.” I exclaim, the truck also looks expensive, which is not surprising now that I remember her big house.

 

“She’s obviously compensating for her lack of height.” Joy offers as an explanation, I chuckle while unfolding my umbrella and we both sprint towards the black truck, the rain is so strong a stubborn that we still get soaked in it despite the umbrella covering us, Joy makes me sit at the front, I comply complaining about the rain and fastening my seatbelt.

 

“Seatbelt.” I say to Wendy while drying the water drops stuck on my glasses, she looks down at herself furrowing her brows and nods, obviously she’s not used to using it.

 

“Right, seat belt.” She replied awkwardly putting it on and flashing me a grin. “There.” I nod approvingly and she starts driving off. “Um, who are we dropping off first?” She asks while putting on some music.

 

“Me.” Joy says from the backseat. “I live closer.”

 

“Alright.” Joy tells her exactly where she lives and after that there’s no conversation inside the car, only the sound of the music and Wendy occasionally quietly cursing at the passing drivers.

 

“Wendy?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“I’m sorry if we’re troubling you.” I tell her feeling a little guilty. “I know you’re as busy as Seulgi, yet she makes you drive us around.”

 

“Oh, no, no, no.” She quickly denies. “You’re mistaken, first let’s clear something up, Seulgi can’t make me do things.” She continues indignant while Joy laughs in the background. “She told me the situation and I offered myself.”

 

“Technically you’re still doing it because Seulgi told you to.” Joy says from the backseat, Wendy doesn’t appreciate the comment and glares at the girl through the rearview mirror.

 

“Touche.” She says. “But you know what I mean, I’m not here because I was ordered or anything.”

 

“I know.” Joy says peeking between the seats. “Thank you.” Wendy smiles pleased.

 

“You’re welcome, Joy.” She says in an exaggerated manner.

 

“But you have practice right now and all.” I say feeling a little guilty.

 

“Yeah but I’m not the captain and I’m not in charge of directing the training, I can disappear for a awhile.” She explains, I didn’t know Seulgi was in charge of the training, she always talks about the coach directing them, weird. I also didn’t know about her new nickname. “You girls aren’t troubling me at all.” Wendy flashes me a smile.

 

“Thank you, Wendy.” I sing like a little kid.

 

“No problem.” She chuckles. “Oh, I got something for you.” Wendy takes out a chocolate from her jacket. “She didn’t have time to write anything flashy so she sent this instead.” I take the candy from her smiling, there's a little piece of paper attached to it.

 

“Have a nice day <3 from: baby.” It was written in a hurry, it shows, it’s hard to read but I decipher what it says used to reading her horrible notes. I take the little piece of paper and save it in my bag, then I give Joy the chocolate who takes it without hesitating.

 

“You don’t like chocolate?” Wendy asks furrowing her brows.

 

“Nah, the idiot thinks she needs to go on a diet.” Joy tells while returning to her seat.

 

“Joy!” I scold her trying to reach to hit her but the car is too big and she’s too far away, damn this car is big. “Don’t tell Seulgi.” I plead with Wendy a little embarrassed, the girl glances at me for a second looking pensive and returns her eyes to the road.

 

“I won’t.”

 

Joy hums from the backseat enjoying her candy bar. “Sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter