Chapter 31

Sweep Me off My Feet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hugging the books close to my chest and tapping my foot against the floor I wait for Seulgi to walk through the entrance, growing more and more impatient with each passing second, if her car had not broken down on the day of our date we could be together right now, but instead we are forced to do it the normal way.

 

“I sound so desperate.” I scold my inner thoughts, it’s something insignificant to be making a drama of but I’ve been dying to see her, ever since the moment we said goodbye that night. I didn’t want the night to end and I hated seeing her go over to her cab and driving away from me.

 

Not much later, Seulgi enters the school building in a rush with Wendy following behind, I spot them as soon as they come in stopping all of my movements, the girl searches for my presence through the crowded school hallway handling Wendy her backpack and leaving her behind, I raise a hand to catch her attention, it works, when she spots me she breaks into a stupidly big grin and rushes towards me pushing the people in the way aside.

 

She shows off her necklace with pride, with each step she takes the little letter hanging from it jumps back and forth reminding me of the important moment we shared two days ago, the memories make my heart race, it’s amazing how happy three little words can make us.

 

“I love you.”

 

Her voice echoes in my mind making me remember that moment on my porch, Seulgi’s ride was waiting for her to take her home, it had begun raining and we were both so cold, so very cold, but we couldn’t move from our spots refusing to let go of each other, I wanted so bad to sneak her in and make her spent the night, just have her close.

 

But I had to let her go instead.

 

Unfortunately.

 

Seulgi ignores everyone on her way and I hate how this makes my stomach flip in excitement, but I don’t hate it as much as I hate watching her say hi to every girl in the school letting them shameless flirt with her being too polite to shut them down immediately.

 

Today she doesn’t let them, today she walks with sure steps towards me not caring if she comes off as rude to the others.

 

“Hi.” My girlfriend stops in her tracks when she's at least five steps away from me, she has her long hair down covering her shoulders, just how I like it the most, she’s wearing her black and orange team’s varsity jacket with a black shirt underneath, the contrast makes the little letter hanging on her chest have all the attention, but maybe that’s just how my eyes see it.

 

“Hi.” She grins after hearing my shy voice, as my cheeks turn pink I notice how her eyes disappear as her smile becomes bigger.

 

“Hi, Joy.” She says to my best friend who I forgot was beside me this whole time, Seulgi stares at her intensively with that stupid happy grin of hers, a grin I’m sure my own lips are mirroring.

 

“You can have her.” Joy says chuckling and pushing me towards the undeniable happy girl and walking away to give us some sort of privacy in this crowded hallway. “See you in class, loser.” She sticks her tongue out at me and disappears into the crowd.

 

She’s such a nice friend.

 

“Thank you.” Seulgi mumbles taking two steps closer to me, she bites down her lip looking around us probably thinking the same thing as me.

 

I want to kiss you.

 

Maybe it’s just me.

 

Seulgi steps closer until my back is pressed against the lockers by instinct, she nuzzles my neck and settles for kissing my cheek, after being scolded by the principal exactly three times, we decided to not engage on extreme PDA in the hallway, today this rule seems so stupid, I think while watching my girlfriend step back exhaling through her nose frustrated.

 

Maybe it isn’t just me.

 

“You look great, babe.” She says looking me up and down.

 

“Oh?” I furrow my brows and look down at my basic outfit today, the black skinny jeans, pink hoodie, and her jean jacket don’t exactly scream hot to me, and that’s taking out the messy ponytail I’m sporting today, it was cute before the rain made a mess of it. “Thank you?” I say unsure looking at her very puzzled.

 

“Must be the contacts.” I reason remembering my decision of wearing them after recalling how much she seemed to like them the day of our date, seems logical, it’s the only thing that is different about me today. “Guess I really need to get used to them now.”

 

“You always look...great, so no surprise there.” She mumbles looking around the hallway. “Babe… I hate not having a car.” She says locking her eyes with me again. “I just really want to kiss you… Really want to.” She whines like a kid while looking at my lips and hers. “Stupid car.” I take a fistful of her shirt and pull her for a quick peck not resisting the urge when she’s begging like this. “That just makes it worse!” She complains whining while pressing our foreheads together.

 

“I couldn’t help it.” I say laughing enjoying her annoyed expression. “I really want to kiss you too.”

 

“You do?”

 

“Why do you act so surprised?” I tilt my head a little confused.

 

“I’m not surprised, it’s just...” She puts a hand on the locker next to my face keeping her body dangerously close. “Hearing you say it is something I love very much.” She leans in on my ear, I shudder feeling her breathing against it. “Maybe we could-” The bell rings interrupting her proposal. “Dammit.” She says looking visibly disappointed.

 

“How long is it going to take for your car to be fixed?” I say lifting the books to my face hiding my blush away, I’m pretty sure I know what she was going to suggest, almost certain at least.

 

“I don’t really know.” She sighs taking a hold of my hand and leading the way to my classroom. “It’s an old car, it takes time to find the things it needs.“ She purses her lips poorly hiding how upset she is by this.

 

“Remember that time you said the only way you would leave me was if your car turned into a hot girl?” Seulgi laughs letting go of our hold putting her arm around me instead. “Not so hot now, huh?” She kisses my cheek lovingly sending butterflies to my stomach.

 

“No girl will ever be as hot as you.”

 

“Oh, please.”

 

We reach my classroom way too fast for my liking, Seulgi takes a hold of me and pulls me aside looking at me with a sad expression, she doesn’t want us to separate yet, exactly the same way I’m feeling.

 

“Your mom is at home today, right?” She says while acknowledging one of her friends calling her name with a nod while I take a hold of the necklace to play with it. “Is it too much if I ask you to stay for my practice?” She locks her eyes with mine pleading for me to say yes. “I want more time with you even if it’s a little bit.”

 

How could I ever say no to those big puppy eyes of hers?

 

If she had asked for us to skip class right now I would’ve given up, thankfully her request is more reasonable than that.

 

“I’ll stay.” I say looking down at the necklace.

 

“Cool.” I can actually hear her grin. “I’m going to be late for my class.” She mumbles, I nod still not looking up, she doesn’t like this and lifts my chip up with a finger. “I’ll see you later?” I nod again, she pecks my lips very quickly and leans on my ear. “I love you.” Once again, those three small words make my whole body tremble, she tries to pull away but I keep her in place still gripping at the piece of jewelry.

 

“I love you too.” I say back feeling my face flushing hot, I kiss her cheek and finally let her go. “I’ll see you later.” Seulgi backs away with her face radiating with complete happiness and not taking her eyes off me until the bell rings again, she then sprints towards her classroom in a hurry and I have not more choice than to go to my seat.



 

+++



 

I convinced Joy to join me after class, not that it was a hard thing to do, she wouldn’t pass the opportunity to maybe strike another conversation with Wendy. So when we got here we went straight up to seat at the back, all the way up, as far as we can be from the court so we can talk about them without getting caught.

 

The girls are training hard as usual with Seulgi and the coach constantly shouting commands to them, the team knows she’s been working extra hard again to impress the scouts on the next game and they are more than happy to help her with the labor, and I might know nothing about basketball but things seems to be going great.

 

This side of her is always such a sight to witness, it doesn’t help Seulgi has a dislike for the basketball shorts and always practices wearing black compression shorts instead, thankfully no one else can enjoy this view, the only reason Joy and I are here is because the coach has taken a liking of me.

 

“It’s only the four of us then?” Joy manages to get my attention off the court for a second, I nod my head while gently rubbing my eyes, these contact lenses are really annoying. “Stop touching them!” She scolds swatting my hands off myself.

 

“It itches!” I defend myself while repeatedly blinking fast to calm the annoying itch.

 

“Why are you wearing that? I know you hate it.”

 

“Seulgi likes it.” She scoffs very audibly in clear disapproval. “Anyways, yes, it’s only the four of us, at least that’s what she told me.”

 

“Ok, that’s cool, I don’t have to fight anyone.” The seriousness of her tone cracks me up and makes me burst out laughing. “What? Last time we went to a party of hers she was bragging about all the phone numbers she got, remember?” She rolls her eyes annoyed at the memory of the drunk and dumb Wendy.

 

“Oh yeah.” My laugh subsidies remembering the whole event, I look over at the court and spot the girl in question running from one side to the other with incredible speed, Wendy doesn’t strike me as a player and Seulgi did shut it down when I asked, but this event makes me suspicious. “I remember.”

 

“So, only the four of us is perfect.” She says very sure of herself. “Do you even own a bathing suit?” I hum and focus on Seulgi who’s shouting out instructions to the others. “You know Seulgi must be excited about that.” My humming turns into a groan. “What’s the matter? You have seen each other already, why be shy now?” She teases me knowing the comment is going to make my face flush red.

 

“That’s different!” I say slapping her thigh making her flinch surprised.

 

“Yeah, it’s worse!” She defends her point while rubbing the sore spot with a grin on her face. “At least a bikini covers something.” Joy laughs loudly and quickly stops my hand before she can get hurt again.

 

“Tha-that’s different!” I repeat my previous statement gluing my eyes on the court and spotting Seulgi looking at us with a chaste smile playing on her lips.

 

“Oh, please do explain the difference.”

 

“Um, well, when we are...you know.” The captain lifts up her jersey to clean the sweat off her forehead exposing her abs to us and I groan making Joy giggle. “When we are together there’s isn’t a chance for me to think about things as much, if at all.” I admit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter