Chapter 8: Step 4: Making you fall in love with me.

The playboy

The ride home lasted for about a good 15 minutes, probably longer due to traffic. After Myungsoo paid the cab (which he insisted to of course), he proceeded to lead Sungyeol through the neiborhood.

"Oh, you live here? How come i didn't know? I actually sometime pass this way to go to schoo"l, Sungyeol said, reminding Myungsoo immediately of the times, he spotted him walking pass his house in the morning. Now that he mentions it why was he going this way when his house is like the opposite way from his. Sungyeol must've guessed his mental question because he briefly explains

"I took up a part time job near the area in a bakery shop."

"Why? Aren't you rich?" Came the natural question from Myungsoo.

"No. My parents are, not me", Sungyeol said though Myungsoo didn't much see the difference. Isn't it the same? Myungsoo wanted to said but didn't in the end. Somehow it didn't surprise him to know that Sungyeol had a part time job.

Even though, Myungsoo still didn't grasp well the persona that was Sungyeol, he did get a little bit used to his unique way of thinking. It was as if the more he got to know him, less he appeared to be human. How perfect can he get? The more they approached his house, less he was feeling confident. Sungyeol was litteraly making him lose ground by showing such a sight of him. If things were different they could've certainly be friend. No, Myungsoo will probably still be judging him. In that case, why did he have to be force to get to know him? Was karma finally coming back around to bite him in the ? Myungsoo still didn't understand much of why he was feeling so bad at the thought of playing with someone as genuinely kind such as Sungyeol but he didn't have much of a choice, did he? Unlike his previous conquest that were all rotten bratz to the core, Sungyeol wasn't. He simply enjoyed life as it came to him. Welcoming warmly the perpective of new friends. Sungyeol actually made him feel more things than he had in an entire year. He had felt frustration, genuine joy, anticipation, confusion, so much emotion that he didn't think he could feel. Myungsoo wasn't quite sure where his thoughts were heading to but he felt like he wasn't far from finding it out. The question now was: did he want to find out? Somehow he knew that finding out will be more of a pain than anything else.

"Oh, Myung, is that your mother?" Sungyeol pulled him out of his thoughts as he looked towards the patio where indeed his mother was patiently waiting. Myungsoo mentally cursed himself to have not ask his mother when she was coming back from work and looked away swallowing a curse directed to his own stupidity. Things were slowly announcing more difficult than ever.

"Omo, she's so beautiful. Is it really your mother?" Myungsoo made a painful grimace and sofly mumble

"Yeah, she is." As soon as they were in front of his mother Sungyeol immediately (carefully) laid the plastic bags on the wooded floor and politely greeted

"Good evening, I'm Lee Sungyeol, one of Myung's friend."

"Myung?" Myungsoo mother's ask with a knowing smile that was quickly replaced by a happy scream as she moved aside letting Sungyeol walk inside the house after some courteous greeting. Myungsoo was going to follow behind when his mother pulled him back and whispered

"Ya, i didn't know you had such a good looking friend. If you had told me you were coming wih a friend, i would've prepared something."

Again, Myungsoo was instantly overwhelmed by his mother's fangirling over handsome guy. It was as if beauty alone mattered these days.

"I don't know if he's staying."

"What do you mean you don't know if he's staying, then you should ask him. Omo, look at him holding those plastic bags. Wait a minute, are those our groceries?"

"Some of them", Myungsoo muttered half heartedly. His mother gave him a disbelief look then hitting him discreetly behind the head, she silently scolded

"Ya, why did you let him hold that much?"

Thankfully Sungyeol chose that particular to appear, putting an end to his mother's nagging as he politely asked

"Excuse me, but where am i suppose to leave these?" Myungsoo's mother immediately beams at him then showing the way to the kitchen, she said

"Oh, i'm so sorry. Please come this way. Aren't those too heavy? Do you want me to help you?"

"No, it's ok it's not that heavy", Sungyeol replied, though Myungsoo knew that it was all just a show. But of course being the good boy that he proved to be, Sungyeol didn't even whine and kept on his smile as he helped Mungsoo's mother unpack. When they were done, he offered to help her cook (and for goodness sake that just sort of killed Myungsoo) but thankfully his mother declined the offer, and instead asked him to go and hang out with the left out Myungsoo. The adjective sort of made Sungyeol laugh as he took it upon him as his mission to now entertain the son. And that really infuriate Myungsoo to be seen as someone that had nothing to do. Ok, maybe he did have nothing to do but it was still rude to point that out. 

Myungsoo lead him to his room as his mother suggested and falling heavily on his bed, he asked in a tone that can be confused as a reproach

"Just what is it can't you do?"

Sungyeol, who was taking in his surrounding, looked briefly at Myungsoo and as he turn back to his observation, he asked

"What do you mean?"

Myungsoo remained silent for a moment then said

"Well, you are quite difficult to cope up with. Not only do you have a weird way to entertain other but you're weirdly nice to everyone. Easy to get along with. Polite to the elders and annoyingly cheerful. Aren't you human?"

Sungyeol let out a hilarious laugh and as he sat at the foot of the bed, he said

"Don't be fooled. I am human. There's still a lot of things you don't know about me. Things that i'm not particularly proud of."

Myungsoo wondered what could it be. From what he observed, Sungyeol seemed like the type that wouldn't preserve many secret. In a way, Myungsoo was curious to find out what could be so ugly behind Sungyeol's personality but at the same time he rather not get involve more than he was already. But when did he ever hesitate during a mission? He has always been ruthless towards his victim so why would Sungyeol be different? With that set of mind, he asked

"Aren't just saying that to not make me feel more inferior than i am already?"

Sungyeol laughs again and said

"No, i'm serious. Ok, do you want to hear something bad i did? Or more like i still do?"

Myungsoo mentally let out an evil chuckle and said in a indifferent tone

"Humour me."

Sungyeol pulled out his phone and after tapping a couple times on the screen, he handed his phone to Myungsoo and asked

"Have you ever seen these before?" Myungsoo raised questionnably an eyebrow, and as he scrolled through the picture in the phone, he wondered what Sungyeol was actually trying to say. If he already saw these pictures? Of course he did, it was after all TJ's painting. Just what was this guy trying to get to?

"Yeah, i've seen them a few times, why?" Sungyeol ran shyly his hand behind his nape and said

"They're mine. I did them."

If he had been hit by a car, it probably wouldn't have been less shocking than the news he just received. Did he hear correctly? The street artist he so respected was none other than the guy in front of him? Was this some kind of sick joke?

"What?" He finally articulated but it sounded more like a grunt than an actual question. Sungyeol pulled out a worn out book in his bag pack and gave it to Myungsoo as he explained

"Those are some draft i did. I started doing it a couple years back. Mostly for someone dear to me. She said i had a talent that i needed to let the world see. So it just sort of happened."

While Myungsoo went through the familiar drawing, Sungyeol continued

"I was going to paint only once for her but then... I don't know, i just kind of got into it. So yeah, i'm well acquainted with the cops." Myungsoo didn't quite get who he was referring to when Sungyeol said she, but even if he was curious to know, he was way to shock that the artist he was infatuated (artistically of course) with, was in front of him to dare make a sound. Sungyeol must've felt the uncomfortable atmosphere because he let out a forced laugh and said

"Wow, if i knew you would've look so dejected, i wouldn't have told you. Sorry. Just forget about it, ok? Do you want to hear something else less in the juridic side? Well i am quite short tempered. I don't hit people of course, unless they deserve it, but i have a serious breaking object issues. So i don't know if you know that but i have a little brother two years younger than me, Daeyol. So yeah he once really pissed me off,and i litteraly broke all of his favourite things and burned them. But of course i regretted it later on and so i went out buying every single thing back to replace them. That was really hilarious because it was like after midnight and i was strolling around town in my pj looking desperately for all the items. I was seriously ridiculous."

"When was that"?

"This year, a couple of months ago", Sungyeol admitted in an embarrassed tone which instantly bightens up the mood as Myungsoo burst out laughing. The guy was seriously a weird character. http://33.media.tumblr.com/0b50bc1305456975c5cd8f0d313ca8cf/tumblr_n95ar8vnzr1qa0m06o1_500.gif His mother who arrived at that particular moment to inform them that dinner was ready, pushed open the door slightly shocked at the scene before her. Almost in awe, she said

"Omo, is that my son laughing? Aigoo i didn't know he could have such carefree expression. I guess i have to thank you for that Sungyeol shi."

Sungyeol laughed embarrassly at the sudden gratitude and said

"Ah no, he has always seem very carefree to me".

That seem to have taken aback Myungsoo's mom even more since her point of view couldn't be more different than Sungyeol's but she didn't make any further comment, yet at least. Sensing some teasing in the air, Myungoo pulls himself off the bed and said in a final tone

"Let's go eat?"

As they walk down to the dinning room, with a rather shy Sungyeol, Myungsoo realized two things. Firstly, Sungyeol had once again win another person in Myungsoo's entourage towards him and secondly Myungsoo wasn't sure that it was only his mom, he won over. Funny how simple things can turn out to be much more complicated later. And that was exactly how his, whatever he had with Sungyeol felt like. Complicated.

At the end of dinner, Sungyeol thanked once again Myungsoo's mom and walked out the door, but not after offering Myungsoo's mom a plastic of ginger breads. A gift that of course enchanted the woman who had an obsession with sweets too. It was as if those two were made to meet all along.

Myungsoo then walked Sungyeol to the bus stop when Sungyeol suddenly said in a fond tone

"You're mom is really awesome, you know."

Myungsoo only answered with a simple "hm" and Sungyeol continued

"It seems like she really loves you lot. It's really... nice."

Somehow Myungsoo sensed a little bit of nostalgy and that really confused him. Was he in bad terms with his parents? He couldn't know more for Sungyeol quickly changed the subject as he said

"Anyway, i've really enjoyed myself today. Next time, you're coming at my house ok?" Myungsoo didn't have to answer for Sungyeol to know that he had an affirmative answer. With a smile, Sungyeol suddenly handed him the rest of the ginger breads and said

"Here. This is your share."

Confused, Myungsoo stared at him for a second then asked

"Why are you giving this to me? Isn't this yours?"

"No, it's yours. Take it as a sign of gratitude for being my friend."

At those words, Myungsoo felt for the very first time... guilty. Was he really softening up because of this guy? When did this happen? He wondered. However he was pulled back in reality when Sungyeol gave him a friendly pat on the back before he got onto the bus after a brief goodnight. As soon as the bus was out of sight, Myungsoo stared motionless at the gingerbreads for a minute then whispered in a frustrated tone

- Aish seriously, what the heck is going on with me? I'm seriously losing it.