Chapter 18: First request.

The playboy

The day began with a Sungyeol very much out of the place. Indeed for him, the day or the night, was all the same. It all meant he would be overwhelmed with work. And overwhelm, he was. After his nocturn journey at the Han couple's house, he was more exhausted than ever. The bright sight at least was he now knew what could have happened to the young girl. He was only waiting for the right time to confirm it himself. Sungyeol let out a sigh of relief at the knowledge of having done most of his paperwork. It meant he was finally able to go home and have a nice, warm bath well deserved. After all, a tiring day was ahead of him and resting would be more than welcome. The first photoshoot of the K.O.K boys band debut album was in a few hour and as the good CEO he was suppose to be, he had to be in shape to supervise it himself. Although, he knew his presence wasn't needed, he was a perfectionist to the core. Blame it on his father's gene. Stretching himself to soften his stiff member, he laid lazily back on his leather chair for a minute, unconsciously drifting back to his meeting earlier with Myungsoo.

 img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=64400755

Mainly to the guy's unusual self during his departure. Anyone would be weirded out to say the least, if they had known him back in high school. After all, Myungsoo wasn't the type to just humbly bow down to someone else, and that knowlegde made him wonder what the guy was planning. Whatever it was, Sungyeol had a feeling that he had reasons to be anxious about it. And for as long as he was now working in the cruel industry, his instinct had never once failed him. Sighing for what seemed like the hundreth time of the day, he finally left his office for his apartment, two blocks away. The apartment was ideal for him, even though it was pretty small, it was still cozy. He hated things too luxurious. So he went for a warm and simple apartment instead, with a lot of colours pasted on the wall. Home that could be compared to an italian type of interior, pretty cliche, but he liked it. Eventually, he hoped to, one day, settle in quietly with Daeyol at a similar house far away, when everything will be over. And finally, he'll be able to live.

 

A few hours later,

Myungsoo arrived on set a little earlier than everyone, mostly so he could have an idea on the space he was going to work in. Fortunately, the set was just right, and the material already install made it easier for him to ease himself into his professional self. It didn't take long for the rest of the staff to arrive either. So as usual, he asked them to recheck the lights, fix the decor and bring out the clothes. And that's pretty much how he establishes some sort of routine between him and the team.

" What should we do with these?" Asked a guy, Myungsoo didn't remember the name. After one glance on the material left from the last shoot by another photographer, he calmly answered

" Put it away. But in a clear view for the photograher to find it if he ever needs it."

L-Myungsoo-infinite-EC-9D-B8-ED-94-BC-EB

After his last instruction to the staff, the new boy's band he was suppose to photograph, finally arrived. Though, Myungsoo was more eager to see another famous head that seem to have yet to arrive. Hardly containing his disappointment, he turned to the stylist and instruct them to quickly prepare the boys. It was only after the end of the first segment that Sungyeol finally appeared and unlike times that Myungsoo got to see him only in fancy suit since he's return, he was finally wearing clothes, Myungsoo was more used of seeing him in. And honestly, he looked a lot more hotter and reachable in them, if Myungsoo could say.

6-011.jpg

Smiling out of contentment, Myungsoo greeted the man with a nod and proceeded with the photoshoot. Although he was happy to see the other man, he was still pretty professional with his work. Or at least, that's how he wanted to be. When Sungyeol reached Myungsoo's level, he crossed his arms above his torso and asked in an emotionless tone

"Is that the second segment?"

"Yeah, the first one is done, you could check the pictures over there if you want", Myungsoo said, pointing over to the computer set behind them, in a tone, he tried to be casual. Sungyeol only nodded in response and said with clear fatigue

"No it's ok, I prefer reviewing it with you at the end of the shoot, it'll spare both of us the trouble of getting through it twice. I'll let you finish then", Sungyeol then stepped aside, though his eyes remained on the K.O.K band, looking slightly nervous from his sudden arrival. A nervous behaviour, Myungsoo understood himself, since Sungyeol had, somehow, developped this weird aura surrounding him. He was probably exagerating but Sungyeol was now giving out this odd aura, seeming to intimidate people into doing their best. Or just to keep them at bay. Though Myungsoo went for the latter as an explanation since it seemed more in line with his ex friend's new personality. So trying to put aside the fact that the guy he had been in love with since his high school days and still was, was a few step away from him, Myungsoo proceeded in finishing the two last segment with a professionalism that even Sungyeol had to admit, impressed him. Although, he'll never say it with words.

The photoshoot done, Sungyeol, as said, went through the pictures with Myungsoo. After a few minutes, he picked what he liked and said in a tone, slightly absent minded

"Good work, L ssi."

Few words, that was enough to set Myungsoo's heart in a breathtaking race. Didn't this man knew what he could do with his heart? Obviously not, Myungsoo thought with a smirk of his lame fanboying mode. If anyone could read his mind that very instant he was so close to Sungyeol yet so far, he'll surely already be sent to a mental institution and he wouldn't be against it. How did he turn out to be such a weakling in front of one man? Sungyeol looked briefly his phone then greeting lastly the K.O.K manager, he said

"I'll get going then. Thank you for the hard work. I'm looking forward in working with you."The manager beamed at the encouraging words and bowed deeply at Sungyeol. Sungyeol then walked out of the room with Myungsoo trailing after him, after dumping the rest of the work on his assistant, very much capable to handle things herself. Myungsoo was a few feet away, when he frowned at the words Sungyeol nearly yelled at the phone

"What do you mean?... Aish, that's why i told you to keep an eye on him.... Arasseo, i'll try and call him. Yeah, ok. I'm hanging up." Myungsoo watched him, fiddle a while with his phone and after composing a number, he asked in a dry tone

"Noona, is... Oh, it's a relief. Can you pass him the phone?"

Noona? Myungsoo wondered more out of curiosity than jealousy. Or at least that's what he tries to convince himself. Just who could be this woman Sungyeol could actually treat as a big sister? His thoughts came to a stop, when Sungyeol asked in a tone, he had missed and didn't think he'll ever hear again. A tone full of concern

"Yah... Are you ok? Why did you leave like that without telling anyone? Do you know how worried Hal-abeoji was?... I don't care. Just... be careful. Arasseo? Can you put noona back on... Ah, noona, mianhe, but can you make sure to bring him back? De, Aegessemida. I will. De. Annyeong."

Sighing deeply after hanging up, he took Myungsoo by surprise when he asked out of the blue

"Do you know it's bad to eavesdrop?"

Caught red handed, Myungsoo bit his lower lip in a grimace, then walking towards Sungyeol, he said in a apologetic tone

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hear your conversation. I just happen to pass by and i heard it. But rest assure. I didn't understand a thing. Really. So don't worry."

"Why would i be worried? It's not like you're planning to betray me again. Right?"

large.jpg

He said suddenly turning to Myungsoo, with his eyes looking straight at him. And Myungsoo could've sworn the man seem to read his soul bare.

L-Myungsoo-l-myungsoo-33903919-1280-748.

And for some odd reason, Myungsoo actually wouldn't be that surprise if Sungyeol happen to have the ability to do so. Breaking away from his eye contact, Myungsoo turned away from him while trying to feign indifference towards the awkward situation he was now involve in but it was a rather failed attempt on his part. Myungsoo decided to humbly walk way for the sake of avoiding any further discomfort, however the amusement glint in Sungyeol's eyes said otherwise. Sungyeol was, indeed, very much in the mood of making this uncomfortable event last longer.

"Are you busy?"

"Eh?" Myungsoo asked taken aback by the sudden question. Sungyeol stared at him with clear boredom and after reading something on his phone, he repeated

"Do you have anything scheduled?" Myungsoo thought briefly at the question and answered in a confused tone

"Well, i have to finish developping the picture and check if my appointment with the... " Myungsoo was about to continue what he was saying when his eyes met those emotionless of Sungyeol, and he finally understood what Sungyeol was trying to say. Or meant by that simple question. Myungsoo immediately bit back his tongue for his unconcious blabbering then said in a more cheerful tone

"Nothing. I have nothing planned. Why?" Sungyeol turned lazily at the huge clock hanging above the entry hall and said, throwing him his car keys

"Here. You'll be my personal driver then."

"What? Why?" Myungsoo asked, trailing after hi boss, strangely silent. Ok, maybe not that strange, Sungyeol had alway somehow been strange. As soon as they reached the parking lot, Sungyeol settled on the passenger seat then typing an adress in the GPS, he said

"Just drive there. Why? You don't want to?"

Myungsoo, who was restless at the sudden turn of event, hesitated a moment in getting in the car, but did anyway. As the fool, he so many time proved to be. Only around Sungyeol, of course.

large.jpg

"Arasseo", Myungsoo only said, finally obeying at his boss's request. Although, he knew he was being stupid, tagging along like that without even knowing why he was asked to do so, but Myungsoo still did it. Blame it on his impulsive side or his hopeless desire on pleasing Sungyeol, he still got into the car. And honestly, he didn't regret it. Why would he? Sungyeol had did far more for him. As soon as they were engage on the road, Myungsoo discreetly glance at the other man beside him and inwardly smile at the man now sleeping. Was the reason he asked him to drive him was because he was too tired to do so himself?

"I didn't ask you to drive me because i was too tired", Sungyeol suddenly said as if he read Myungsoo's thought. Taken aback, Myungsoo stared briefly at the man, before he cleared his throat and asked

"So then why did you?"

Without opening his eyes, Sungyeol answered

"You know a certain Father Rodriguez right?"

"Yeah, i did some picture of the orphanage he takes care of, why?" Myungsoo asked, even more confused than he was already.

"Well, i would like to talk to him. But rumor has it that the man is very hard to approach. Especially, when he undergoes the forthy days of prayer."

"It's true. So, the reason you wanted me to drive you there it's to help you meet father Rodriguez? Is that it?"

You didn't ask me, just to be with me? Myungsoo was going to say, but thought better. Did he have the right to be greedy? At least, Sungyeol needed him in some way. Which was more than he could wish for. It was better than just the employer/employee relationship they had. So why was he complaining? Mentally scolding himself for his impatient thoughts, he forced a smile and said sincerely

"I see. I'll help you then."

 

Sungyeol didn't expect to use Myungsoo's connection so soon. But after he got the confirmation, that the young girl, like his suspicion, was initially brought up by the religious orphanage, he couldn't let it pass him by. Meeting with the religious man would certainly help him understand better her missing case. Sungyeol highly believed that at least. After all, from what he had been able to collect from his night search in the Han family, Sae ron was a very glomy and difficult young girl. She had presently been shook already in about 20 families but none of them worked out well. Assaulted, mistreated, abused, at the early age of seven, the little girl had already been through half the hardship an adult would normally go through. So that meant that for the little girl having a family willing to adopt her meant basically her pre-death. Another thing he found, was how the family had decorated the girl's future room. It was, to put it bluntly, a room that death seemed to linger on it. Sungyeol had in brief gotten half the puzzle of the adoption covered, what he didn't get though was why Sae ron of all people? Why did the couple want her instead of another much younger and more cheerful. i'm going to have to ask her that myself, Sungyeol thought with a grin as he finally opened his eyes. Although he was glad he had the dilemna of the little girl's whereabout figured out, he was now facing another one. And it went with the name: Kim Myungsoo. Honestly, being next to Myungsoo was suffocating for him. Whether it was because of the shame he felt for having been fooled by him or the anger of not finding the strength to be colder towards him, he was suffocating. Why was he feeling like that when he knew he didn't feel anything towards him anymore? Why was he still bothered by the other man's presence?

"I'm probably still jet lag", he mumbled to himself, leaning more comfortably on his seat, unaware of the tender smile his driver had beside him. Unaware of a lot of things actually. For one, that that first request will soon turn into regret. But that's to be expected from the cruel fate of mens.