Chapter 1: Lee Sungyeol

The playboy

It took Myungsoo about fifteen minutes to arrive at school. With his bag pack slung clumsily over his shoulder, he made his way through the corridor towards his locker with his famous trademark,  a hand shoved in his pocket. Myungsoo was so tired that he didn't even notice the stare he received from the girls looking outrageously well put together for once or the glare the boys send his way. With a deep sigh though,  he came to a stop in front of his locker and rustling with his locker's lock,  he cussed  when the bloody lock didn't want to budge anytime soon.

"Need some help?" Suddenly came a very much familiar voice behind him. Myungsoo bit back a startle sound and turned to his friend with a glare.

"No gee how did you guess?"                               

Dongwoo,  his only real friend pushed Myungsoo out of the way and with less than two hand forced the locker open with a light clank.

"What do you say?" Dongwoo emphasize with a self estime that never ceased to impress Myungsoo. However for some reason, Myungsoo had the feeling that Dongwoo was somehow the one who messed up his lock in order to get him to say thanks which personally Myungsoo seriously considered. It was also a possibility that Myungsoo found totally accurate since coincidentally everytime his locker went into one of his bratty mode, Dongwoo was never far to give a hand. Was it really just a coincidence? Myungsoo doubted it. However if his friend was expecting a thanks in return, Dongwoo could wait for an entire eternity it will never come. Myungsoo wasn't sure when he got so disgusted by those simple word as thank you or sorry but he just couldn't say it. Not even to his mother has he spoken those words.  Probably he will never be able to say it. Well not that is such a loss. After all, never had he ever felt grateful about something or even remotely sorry about something. Not even to every girl he purposely played with. Yes, he must really seem like a but he couldn't care less. Dongwoo brought him back to reality when he leaned against the locker besides his and said

"If you didn't want to say it then don't. You didn't have to pull such a sore face."   

Myungsoo remained silent at that and went through his locker in search of his math book putting then an end on the uncomfortable conversation. Luckily Dongwoo caught the ropes of his thought regarding the subject, cause he swiftly divert the conversation to a more safe topic.

"About it did you hear the rumours circulating in the entire school?" He said as Myungsoo closed his locker. With a frown, he asked 

"Is it about my break up with Junha?"

"Unfortunately no but it would've have been very funny if the entire school found out that the school princess got dump for the very first time. And didn't appreciate it that much since the slap she gave you could probably be heard at the other side of the country."                                                             

Myungsoo glared at him and retorted coldly

"I guess she wouldn't want people finding out that she,  the school's doll, was reduce to a laughing stock."

"Of course. I just don't know how bloody lucky you are that your victims don't throw tantrum and show the entire school what an you really are."

Myungsoo laughed at that and answered playfully

"I sure am." Dongwoo lightly hit his arm and pursued with an amused tone

"Aigoo, what an arrogant jerk you are.  Anyway, back to the topic do you know who's back?"   

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow questionnably and after a minute,  he shook his head in a clueless mode. Dongwoo then pulled him in a one handed bro embrace and said

"Lee Sungyeol."

Even more clueless,  Myungsoo looked at Dongwoo for more information in the subject, however the said boy directed his gaze towards a figure that Myungsoo recognised immediately. Of course since the so called Sungyeol guy was none other than the guy that he got to see every morning before coming to school. Up close Myungsoo finally remembered why the guy looked familiar. Lee Sungyeol was the heir of the richissime Lee family that owned over hundred of entreprise in Asia. Probably even in the world. Lee Sungyeol was not only from a rich family but he was what everyone described as perfection.  He was funny, hard working, cool, kind to both guys and girls and foremost a genius. So in brief, he was everything Myungsoo hated. Now that he thinks about it how did he forget about him? How did he not realize that the guy walking every morning in his neighbourhood to school was him. In fact why was he walking instead of riding in his fancy car? And why was he in his neighbourhood to start with? He was about to ask Dongwoo about the reason the school's pride suddenly disappeared and reappeared but quickly shook out the idea from his head. Why would he want to know?

"Hey, let's go. The bell already rang", Dongwoo's voice reached his ears, pulling him out of his reverie.

"Araseo", he simply muttered as he averted his eyes from the figure walking opposite to where he was going.

And just like that the day went on without anymore unpleasant surprise. At the end of the second period signaling break time, Myungsoo lazily pulled out his lunchbox from his bag and after letting Dongwoo know that he was going to take his leave, he shoved his hand in his pocket, content of finally having some time alone. He, of course, enjoyed Dongwoo's company but most of the time he felt overwhelmed. So lunch break was a gift he appreciated. Being alone was often needed for a weirdo such as him.

And so like every lunch break, Myungsoo made his way to his hiding place on the roof top. When he arrived, he instantly furrowed his eyebrows the minute he noticed that the door was open. His lunchbox in one hand and the other on the door's handle, he pushed open the door, and was immediately greeted by the sun and the violent wind, reminding him how chilly august were slowly getting. Carefully,  he then made his way to the center of the roof, when his eyes landed on someone's back profile. With a frustrated sigh, he walked near the person and said loudly, not really in the mood of sharing his spot with anyone

"Ya, what are you doing up here?" No response.

"Ya, are you deaf?"

Still no response. Myungsoo grabbed the guy by the shoulder, jerked him towards him and were about to ask him to leave when his breath itch as he was slightly taken aback when his eyes met those onyx of the other.

"Sungyeol?" He murmur confused by the other's presence. 

What is he doing here?  Doesn't he normally eat his lunch in the cafeteria like everyone else?  He thought as he pulled back his hands from him more out of shock than anything else. The taller guy didn't seem to notice Myungsoo's retreating reaction. He stood up, dusted himself and with a smile, he asked

"Sorry is this your spot?" Before Myungsoo had the chance to utter anything, the other teenager walked pass him and out he left,  leaving behind a rather puzzled Myungsoo.

"Just what happen?"

Letting out an unimpressed sound, he turned around and sat down on the cold floor.

"Acting cool are you? Pfft, what an epic fail", he said unbeknowsn that someone heard what he said. The hidden character had a smile on his face. A small smile but a smile nevertheless.