Living with Her

That Time they Fell in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Living with Her

 

 

Gary keeps staring, mystified.

Right in front of him, by the foot of his king size bed, was a silhouette of a woman. This shouldn’t scare him at all because he had woken up with random girls after midnight gigs, but this woman was different, she was sporting a gigantic wings on each shoulder.

No, it can’t be from Victoria Secret, it was just too huge and…magical. Gary cannot find proper words to describe the woman in front of him. Her face was masked by the shadows of the room, but he can tell she was beautiful. He just knew.

“This is very odd,” she whispers and Gary almost jumps out of his bed. Her voice was human but there was an edge to it. His skin was crawling with electricity. Gary wants to his pants to relieve some of his nerves.

The woman didn’t move, Gary wasn’t even sure if she was breathing. He shifts his eyes very slowly to his left and sees the time as three in the morning. This sends a cold chill down his spine. He had heard stories of ghostly things happening at the devil’s hour.

“I’m not here to harm you,” the woman clarifies as if reading his mind-

What?

Telepathy?

Gary chooses to ignore this and tries to act cool, like a rock star. “L-Look lady, if you’re a stalker, let me know now, I won’t call the police j-just get out of my house, okay?” Gary says calmly, his heart beating in his ears.

The woman tilts her head a little, like a puppy. “I am not accustomed to human behaviour, forgive me, but who is this stalker? And what is a police?”

Gary shakes his head hoping he will wake up from this dream. He didn’t, the woman was still there, looking like an elf from the Lord of the Rings movies. He feels his heart double in size, adrenaline starting to pump into his system. He doesn’t believe in any supernatural, nor he will start now, so Gary made up his mind, the woman was definitely a stalker.

He shifts a little getting ready to tackle the intruder. Gary flexes his arms hidden under his comforter while at the same time stretching his legs to get a better maneuver when he does get his hands on the intruder.

1…2…3-

Gary pounces with full force expecting his body to connect hard against the woman, but this never happened. And to this day, Gary doesn’t know what to think of it.

 

 

Day 1

 

 

The sunlight streaming through his curtains burns the skin it touches.

Gary opens his eyes to find himself all alone in his the room. He breathes out a sigh of relief, surprising himself. It was just all a bad dream, too much drinking –which he might cut down after last night- and partying.

Gary gets up and stretches his arms up above his head, smiling a little.

He walks to the bathroom turning the door knob and almost –like last night- jumps up like a cat when he sees the woman from his dream standing by the sink looking perplexed.

“Am I still dreaming?” He mutters, his head throbbing a little.

The woman didn’t seem to hear him and continues to stare at the sink. Gary glares at her wings.

The wings were big…and –to Gary’s dismay- very real. The wings’ roots comes out of her shoulder blades like bones that is connected to each other, and the highest part of the wings goes beyond her head and falls  down on the floor, dragging a little  bit. The colour of the feathers were a combination of greens and whites laying on top of each other.

He unconsciously lifts his arms, wanting to touch a feather but catches himself midway. “Hello? Hey! Hello…” Gary greets instead. He didn’t step foot in the bathroom, afraid there was some magical barrier protecting the being in his washroom.

This seems to snap the lady out of her trance and lifts her eyes at him. Gary’s throat catches on something and he chokes on air. How macho.

She was beautiful.

Her eyes were a clear green, free from any blemishes. Her face was oval shape with all her features perfectly fitting. But, Gary finds himself lingering on her plump, pink lips. He wonders shamelessly what she can do with them.

“My lips are nothing more but a reflection of yours. Why are you fascinated with them?” Gary snaps out of his lewd thoughts.

“You’re…reading….my mind?”

The woman –again- tilts her head as if to better understand Gary. “Yes.”

Gary wanted to die. “Well…stop it.” He bites back.

“Is it not customary in the human world?”

Gary can’t believe he was having this conversation…with a stranger…With a bird?…With an angel? “No one can read minds in here.” Gary explains.

“Oh.” She says in surprise, forming an O, Gary wants to kiss her.

“Damni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter