Mornings

That Time they Fell in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mornings

 

 

“Good morning babe.” Gary walks around the huge counter in the middle of the kitchen and leans down to kiss Jihyo’s mouth. “You’re up early,” he comments reaching for a toast.

“I’m going to work early, its PTA tonight at seven.”

“I won’t be home until nine.” He takes another bread and stuffs it in his mouth. “I won’t be able to make it.” He knows that Jihyo knows he was lying.

“I hate you,” Jihyo beams. “It’s not that bad. It’s kind of rewarding.”

Gary laughs. “No, I’m not going. I’ll pick up the kids at three, then I’ll go visit Kwangso, I heard he’s in town.”

Jihyo places two more slices of bread into the toaster and set the timer. She then takes out two Ziploc bags and writes down her children’s name in bold letters, ‘Ye Jun’ and ‘Seo Jun’. “Fine. More love for me.” Jihyo grins.

“I’ll go wake up the girls, do you need any help before I go?” Gary is already near the stairs.

“Make sure they are layered up and don’t forget to flush the toilet, oppa.” He groans but promised that he will.

Gary slowly push the door open and peeks through. It was Ye Jun’s room and she would be mad knowing he didn’t knock before coming in. Luckily, she was still asleep holding onto her favourite pillow. He kneels down by the bed and kisses Ye Jun’s forehead. “Good morning baby, wakey-wakey.” he murmurs with a smile.

Ye Jun just turned ten last month and already has become every boy’s favorite in her class. She was loud and playful but at the same time very mature for her age.

She stirs groaning. “No.”

“It’s seven.” Gary explains.

“D-Daddy, five more minutes, please,” her eyes pleading.

Gary sighs. “Okay. Five minutes or else its mom who’s going to wake you up.” His older daughter giggles but closes her eyes again. Gary left Ye Jun’s door ajar and walks to the adjacent room where Seo Jun is sleeping.

Before Gary can mutter a greeting, Seo Jun was already up and running towards him. He picks her up with a grunt feeling his back muscle strain. “You are getting heavier and heavier, I don’t think daddy can carry you next year.”

Seo Jun laughs and rests her face on his shoulder. “Y-You piggy back mommy, ‘an she’s older, she’s thirty ‘an five, I’m only three ‘an half.”

“I guess I can carry you until your forty,” Gary maneuvers down the stairs his arms around Seo Jun.

Ji Hyo looks up from making the lunch when Gary reach the kitchen. “Good morning baby.”

Seo Jun lifts her head and smiles. “Good morning mommy! Daddy said his gotta piggy back me when I’m f-f-“

“Forty.” Gary pats her back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter