Class trip to the zoo (Hongbin POV)

Everyday Life of VIXX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS (whether you celebrate it or not)

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A PROSPEROUS, HEALTHY AND JOYOUS YEAR OF THE MONKEY~

without further ado, here's Binnie's chapter

“Class! I have some exciting news! We’re going to go to the zoo next week for a school trip!” Teacher announced.

 

“!!!!! A CLASS TRIP?? ZOO???!!!” Everyone exclaimed. There was much chatter and excitement in the air. They couldn’t wait.

 

“Okay class, calm down. I know how excited you all are. It’s the first time we’re having a school trip with everyone else.” Teacher said. “But I would need you guys to give this piece of paper to your parents to fill out. Now remember to get it filled out or you won’t be able to go on the trip.”

 

“Yes Ssaem!” Replied everyone.

 

“I can’t wait! Oh boy, I want next week to come quickly! I wonder what animals we’ll see at the zoo…? Maybe Ssaem has books about the zoo that I can look at or Papa Taekwoon hyung will know.” Hongbin thought. “Ssaem, do you have any books about the zoo? Or pictures about animals?”

 

“You want to read up on what animals you’ll see at the zoo?” Teacher asked.

 

“Yes, I want to see the pictures and see if I can spot them at the zoo.” Hongbin replied back. 

 

Teacher was amazed, the other kids were excited too, but they went to play after putting their permission slips away safely. Such a diligent student, Hongbin is. They both looked for as many books as Hongbin could read (well as many books that had pictures in there so he can look at the pictures) and helped him figure out the animals.

 

“Binnie, what are you reading?” Taekwoon asked.

 

“Zoo animals. Can you help me Taekwoonie hyung? Ssaem needed to do work and couldn’t help me finish looking at all the animals.”

 

Hongbin and Taekwoon looked at the books and tried to identify as much animals as they can. The other kids slowly made their way over to them every once in a while when they got tired of playing. It was a small story time for them to identify the animals when they came over. But Hongbin couldn’t have been happier when he learned a few names and could identify some of the animals. He left school very excitedly.

“Bye guys! Thanks Taekwoon Appa!” Hongbin waved happily to them as they each made their way home.

 

“Come on, Hyogi. Let’s go home and play.” Hongbin turned towards Hyuk. “YAY!! You didn’t play with me a lot today Binnie L,” Hyukkie replied sadly. But nonetheless Hyukkie was happy to finally have his Binnie hyung’s attention.

 

As soon as they stepped into the house, Hongbin made sure to hand Hyuk’s and his permission slips to their moms.

 

“Mommy, we’re going to have a school trip to the zoo next week and I need you to fill out this form. Imo (aunt) too, for Hyukkie.” Hongbin said while handing them the slips. “Mommy, can I have a carrot too?”

 

“Oh, that sounds fun. A school trip to the zoo! We’ll get right to filling out the forms. But why do you want a carrot Binnie?” Hongbin’s mom replied back.

 

“I want to be a rabbit!” Hongbin exclaimed with stars in his eyes.

 

“Ummmm…. Okay… let me see if we have a carrot.” Hongbin’s mom didn’t know how to reply, this was unexpected. But she’ll give her son a carrot; he’ll be eating a vegetable rather than unhealthy snacks. “Ah-ha! Here’s some carrots, do you want the small ones or a slightly bigger one than this?”

 

“The bigger one! I want to chew on it for a long time. Or can I have them all? Hyogi can eat some too.”

 

“Honey, Hyogi is a baby. His teeth aren’t that strong yet. Be extra careful when giving him a carrot okay? Make sure it’s small and soft enough for him to chew on so it doesn’t hurt his gums.” Hyuk’s mom instructed Hongbin.

 

“Yes Imo! I will make sure Hyogi doesn’t eat a hard carrot and hurt himself. I’ll watch him like a hawk!” Hongbin happily announced while bouncing away.

 

“Such a kind and funny boy you have there, Unnie.” Hyuk’s mom told Hongbin’s mom.

 

“Yep, he’s a unique one. But he’ll really watch Hyogi like a hawk. Those two are never far apart from each other.” Hongbin’s mom replied.

 

Hongbin and Hyuk’s mom filled out the permission slips while talking and cooking food. Hongbin and Hyuk were playing in the living room excitedly.

“Hyuk, aren’t you excited for the zoo next week? I wonder if we’ll see snakes, a panda, monkeys, sheep’s, goats, a lion…etc. I can’t wait; I want to see all the cool animals there. I hope they have a lot of cool animals.” Hongbin chattered away.

 

Hyuk wasn’t paying attention; he didn’t understand what his hyung was saying. But he was excited; he wanted to see a lion, sloth, lion, monkey, and many more. He wondered if the zoo had horses, all the fairy tale stories showed the prince’s riding them, and wondered if he could ride one. (Even though he was young he could still dream about riding one.)

 

“Hyukkie, you can’t chew on that! That’s bad for you!” Hongbin exclaimed when he saw Hyogi chewing on the fire trucks ladder. “Come on, let’s race. We’ll line them all up here and push the cars.”

 

Next week- day of the zoo trip

 

Today was the day of the school zoo trip. Everyone was buzzing with excitement, as this was the first time the kids are going on a school trip. Each class had about 6-8 volunteer parents coming along for supervision.

 

“Oh Binnie, here’s your lunch. Remember to stick with your friends. Don’t wander around, I’ll be with you, but also looking after everyone too.” Hongbin’s mom reminded her son. “Take care of Hyogi too okay? And please stop chewing on that carrot, you’re going to get a tummy ache from all the carrots you’re eating.”

 

“Yes mommy, I’ll stick with my hyungies and Hyogi will cling onto me or the other hyungs.” Hongbin smiled. “But Mommy, carrots are good and I can feed them to the rabbits.”

 

“You won’t have any more carrots if you keep eating them all Binnie. Just remember to save some for the rabbits okay?” Hongbin’s mom told him. “Yes Mommy!”

 

“Okay VIXX class, our turn to board the bus. Hold your seat partners hand and be careful.” Teacher announced.

 

Each bus was boarded and the parents made sure the kids were all right; seatbelts secured, all kids accounted for, no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter