nine: facetime

Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"On a scale of one to ten, how bored are you without me?" Jimin's high-pitched voice echoes through Joohyun's phone.

"Oh please, she's probably fine without you, it's Taehyung she needs," Seulgi says and the two continue to bicker, ignoring Joohyun in the other line.

"You guys better not be making babies while I'm gone okay? Baby cubs are hard to take care of," Joohyun teases and the two blush.

"Shut up, Joohyun!" the two snap, making Joohyun fall to her knees with laughter.

"I want to talk to Joo too...," Taehyung says pitifully in the background, he was originally the one that dialed Joohyun's number so they were using his phone. He was set aside since the start of the phone call and left alone.

"You can talk to Joohyun later! If you start now, you'll never stop!" Jimin says and turns back to the phone.

"Happy birthday, Tae!" Joohyun says and Taehyung mutters a word of thanks before being ignored again.

Setting aside the sulking Taehyung, the two continue to talk to Joohyun who was currently in the states with her family.

Taehyung harshly takes a pillow and hugs it tight, a disturbed look evident on his face; he places his chin upon the pillow as he glares at the two laughing through the phone.

"Okay, bye Joohyun!"

"Don't forget to bring home presents!"

The two hang up and completely forgot about Taehyung who was secretly planning both of their murders.

"You didn't even let me talk to her!" he stomped his foot.

"Calm down, V, you can always talk to her later," Jimin says casually as if Taehyung wasn't shooting bullets at him through his glare.

"You facetime with her everyday anyway," Seulgi teases and Taehyung blushes.

"T-That's not true," he argues weakly.

"It's okay, Taehyung, Joohyun still loves you," Seulgi smiles sweetly and pats the boy on the head, only to get dragged away by Jimin.

"Well, we better be going now, happy birthday, V!" Jimin said with half of his body already out the house.

"Bye," Taehyung says weakly and slumps on the couch. He stares at his phone until his brother's face suddenly appears on the screen, taking him by surprise.

"Hyung," Taehyung answers the phone.

"Happy birthday, my favorite dongsaeng," Seokjin's sweet voice rings through the phone.

Taehyung scoffs "I'm your only dongsaeng,"

"Exactly!" Seokjin half-laughs and Taehyung giggles along as he start to play with the pillow near him.

"So how's things at Seoul?" he asks his brother.

"Pretty good, I am still missing mom's cooking though, damn I wish I was there,"

"Why not come over for new years, then? I mean school is over and all,"

"I would, and I probably will try to stop by tomorrow, but my friends and I have plans to go to Jeju-do for the holidays,"

Envy suddenly overwhelms Taehyung "Jeju's somewhere you go with your family though...," there's a hint if sadness in Taehyung's tone and Seokjin’s sensitive to it.

"Aw, Taehyung, friends could go there too," Seokjin laughs a bit to help Taehyung cheer up a bit.

Taehyung lets out a loud grunt expressing his disgust "You know what? Don't come over, you'll eat all the food and leave nothing for me, you pig," he says bitterly and he can hear Seokjin laugh through the phone.

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Taehyung," Seokjin smirks "Love you,"

"L-Love you too," he says reluctantly and presses the red button to end the call.

He kills time by playing on his phone until his mother finally calls him up for dinner, in which he drags himself up the couch and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter