eleven: simplicity

Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung sits still in one of the corners of the room, one hand playing with his phone and the other holding on to the piece of carpet on Joohyun's floor. He's here again, and it's not surprising. In fact, it'd be pretty weird if he wasn't here this time of day. Class had just ended, and he was about to ask Jimin if he wanted to go out because Taehyung was feeling especially lonely that day, not that he had any reason to be unhappy. His brother had just left after their short vacation, and he's now alone in the house other than his mom and dad who both always seem to be busy. So Taehyung thought it would be nice to go out for a nice cup of bubble tea and go to the arcade with his best friend Jimin, but apparently the latter had other plans; other plans that Taehyung has yet to find out.

Off to Joohyun's he went, searching for comfort, maybe, he didn't exactly know. But he always had a good time with the girl, so he figured why not?

Wrong.

Or at least, this time he was.

Because after a few minutes of him and Joohyun talking about the possibility of the sun losing its light (which is always a topic to ponder about), there arrives a certain person who Joohyun calls "bear" looking more distressed than ever.

"I have no idea what to do!" he hears Seulgi say. It's weird and oddly familiar, not that he minded having Seulgi around, it's just that she would usually have practice this time of day. And out of the many times Joohyun had tried to keep her and have a nice time out, she has never said yes because of her priorities. Why the sudden change?

There's more muffling sounds in the background. And Taehyung realizes that he's being completely left out because the girls are currently on Joohyun's bed and he's alone at the side. Great.

"He's never been like this before a-and then he suddenly asks me out!"

So he learns Seulgi's got boy issues, more reason for Taehyung to let go of the piece of carpet he's holding onto like it's his last evidence of existence in this room and leave. But he doesn't because sooner or later the girl's gonna leave, and in the hopes of that he stays.

"I don't see the problem, though. I've always seen Jimin look at you like me and Tae don't even exist," Joohyun says nonchalantly, like it's a sentence said every day. It isn't, and it makes Taehyung drop the piece of carpet with force that he doesn't doubt that he's pulled it out.

Taehyung nearly laughs because it's hilarious how Park Jimin, his best friend, has decided to ditch him for a girl. That girl, being the reason for him practically sulking in the background.

"Jimin?" Taehyung twists his head to the girls' direction, thinking that it'd be better if engaged himself in some sort of social interaction because no good will happen if he stays sad for a long time. After all, he just gained something that he could use against Jimin (in a good way of course).

"Y-Yeah...," Seulgi's voice trails away. Her face is flushed and she can't bring herself to look at anyone.

"THAT PARK JIMIN IS GOING TO DIE FOR NOT TELLING ME ABOUT THIS!" he shrieks but soon Joohyun goes to his side and pulls him towards the bed. Taehyung is secretly grateful.

"Well don't kill him yet! Wait after my bear goes on her date and see if it goes well, because if it doesn't, someone is gonna have to beat Jimin up," Joohyun says, and Taehyung is easily convinced.

"Um, hello?! I still have a dilemma here? Like, I've never been on a date before," Seulgi's eyes look nervously from left to right.

"Oh my god, this is gonna be a disaster!" she practically melts into Joohyun's sheets, but before she disappears into a puddle of tears, Joohyun pulls at her wrists.

"Stop worrying so much! It just Jimin, he's your friend and you've both always been so comfortable with each other. So, just act natural. And right now we only have one problem: your clothes," Joohyun says, trying to cheer Seulgi up. She says a few more things but Taehyung decides to mute it out, because this is girl talk, and he wants no part in that.

Soon enough, the little trio have made their way to Selugi humble abode and are now ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter