one: meeting

Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been two weeks since the first day of the second year of high school for Kim Taehyung and he couldn't be less ecstatic. Even though the dreadful first week filled with introductions and awkward first classes are over, now they have to actually study.

He walks up the stairs with a bunch of stacked books on his two hands his teacher told him to get for his class and every two seconds he wishes that the books won't fall. His eyes are glued to the ground as he tries hard not to trip. Although he's usually not that clumsy, fate was cruel to him. No matter what he does, being unlucky was always in the way. He reaches the final step and proceeds to walk normally, passing the rushing students that are probably headed to their classes. He came across the empty classroom he was supposed to put the books in and entered.

He walked steadily to the teacher's table, and on it was a yellow post-it note.

"Thanks for the hard work, Taehyung!" the note read. He grabbed the note and placed the books at the top of the teacher's desk, but then he heard something.

If Taehyung wasn't Taehyung, he would've left immedietly, if it was another person in the room at the same time, they would've not cared.

But of course, fate was a cruel thing.

Taehyung glanced at the back of the room to where the suspicious noises were from.

Sniffing? He thought.

He dropped the note his teacher left for him and slowly walked to the back of the room, trying to be as quiet as possible. The noises became louder and louder until his vision finally caught the source of the noises.

It was a girl; she was wearing a plain white hoodie and underneath is what he believes is the standard school uniform for girls, which was a blouse with a collar and a black ribbon in the middle with the school logo sew on the left side of the collar along with an above-the-knee honey-brown skirt, only hers was with black stockings. Her hair was colored light brown. She was hugging her knees, with her head buried in her arms—and she was crying.

If Taehyung wasn't Taehyung, this wouldn't have happened.

But too bad, he's Taehyung.

"Hello?" he whispered quietly as he approached the weeping girl and softly patted her head.

Her head popped up showing her face which included tear-soaked cheeks and bloodshot eyes. was slightly open and her innocent-looking eyes were looking up at Taehyung's curious ones.

That's when Taehyung realizes he was way too close to the girl.

He backs up swiftly and stands up straight but his eyes go back to the girl. He lets out a cough in the hopes that the situation will be a little less awkward.

"I-I'm sorry" he says and the girl just nods.

"I-It's okay" she says and tries to look away but she finds herself looking back at the curious boy.

"Is it okay if I ask something?" Taehyung asks

The girl tilts her head and blinks as if she was suspicious but in the ends she grants him permission by a simple nod.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asks.

The girl opens but closes it again.

I mean, was she okay?

"I-I'm—" she stops again as tears form in her eyes again. She lets out a groan of frustration and spreads her legs out to kick a chair.

Taehyung flinches and tries to move back but his feet are glued to the floor.

The girl notices Taehyung's movements and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter