Undeniable

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right then.

 

That explained  a lot. That stupid jittering feeling that was now starting in the depths of my guts again.

 

The hug ended and Chanyeol pulled the girl by the arm towards me, a big smile playing on his face. I looked at her face, because that was all I could do at this point, seeing as I seemed incapable of saying anything. She looked as stumped as I felt.

 

"Baekhyun! This is the friend I was telling you about. Baekhyun, this is Kim Ji-eun.  Ji-eun-ah, this is my friend, Baekhyun," said Chanyeol. The girl extended her arm to me , looking less shocked as before. I took it almost automatically and shook it. Her hand was soft and tiny. My hand covered hers entirely. Her floral scent wafted towards me. What the hell was it? Her perfume? Lotion? Whatever it was , it was driving me nuts. I was in a daze.

 

"Hello again! At least now we're formally introduced, huh?" She smiled and bit her lip. Oh god, what. Make it stop!

 

 " Hi. Yeah..." Was all I could manage, and I forced out a little laugh. Chanyeol looked from me to her, puzzled "You guys know each other?" He asked.

 

Ji-eun laughed, " Yeah,  we had a little collision in the corridor earlier. I think I knocked out all the air in poor Baekhyun-shi ‘s lungs,” she looked up at me as if in apology. I couldn’t help but smile a little at the way she said my name.

 

“Yup, she almost killed me out there " I said . She chuckled, and made the cutest face. I felt the ripples in my tummy again. What on earth was happening to me?

 

For the next half hour, Ji-eun and Cahnyeol sat together on the sofa and were engaged in all the words, actions and just the right degree of touching that happens during a long overdue conversation among two good friends, leaving me to sit somewhat apart from them and stare at my phone, while trying to distract myself (and very ineffectively, at that ) from Ji-eun, which wasn’t easy , seeing as she had now taken the form of my actual biggest distraction. I found myself stealing glances at her from over my phone. I couldn’t even stop myself. Everything about her drew me in so much, it was frightening because I've only just met this girl.

 

My eyes drifted towards her feet. They were petite in those flats. So she's the type who wears flats rather than heels, eh. I liked that already. Women in ridiculously high heels  always intimidated me. Her legs were spectacular. I've never actually been a "leg" sort of guy before, but and I was blown away by hers. They were perfect.

 

As my eyes kept scanning her upwards, I blushed and quickly moved my eyes away. Breathe, Baekhyun. Breathe. Don't even go there. I reached her collar bones, the same ones that drove me crazy earlier.The way they were cutting her shoulders, the shadows that fell beneath them, the smooth contours and the how the  light  fell on them, combined was so perfect, that I couldn’t tear my eyes away.

 

I suddenly imagined me kissing her neck just  above her shoulder blades. Trust me,I didn't want to imagine that, it was came to me in a flash. I'm ashamed to say that I didn’t brush it off immediately, but instead lingered in that vision. My throat ran dry when I thought about it. My head was going to explode if I thought about it again. I closed my eyes and turned my head away.

 

Why was this happening to me? I asked myself.

 

Why does this girl have this effect on me.

 

Why me?

 

Didn't I swear that I wouldn’t fall so damn easily again?

 

What if this girl had a boyfriend? My stomach churned at the thought . My hand involuntarily formed into fists and pressed down on my thumb. I gasped for the pain. Wow. What was that? Was I that jealous already?  That I couldn’t bear to think of her with anyone else?

 

What if that guy was Chanyeol?

 

 

I turned my gaze onto my phone again.  Let's see, what was  on my Instagram feed today? Oh,  who was I kidding? I couldn’t stop looking at this girl and Here I was trying to,distract myself, and failing miserably at that. The way she was giving Chanyeol those little pushes when he said something silly and the cute giggle she'd come out with occasionally, weren’t helping my current situation. I found myself wanting to be him, wanting my face in front of her, her eyes boring into mine, her hands on my chest , pushing me playfully when I joked, my hand that she touched when she wanted to know if I was ok, my shoulder she'd cry on, and my lips that she'd kiss every night.

 

Her kisses though. They'd blow my mind. I felt like I was not deserving enough. She'd go for supermodels and nice guys like Chanyeol. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter