No going back

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chen's  was quite uneventful as I had expected. Chanyeol and I sat down in his patio and started on the lyrics. The man had come up with quite a few already , and they were already good.

 

The entire time we were working, my eyes would unconsciously flick up from the desk on to the girl, who was walking in the garden, stopping from time to time to touch a flower, or a leaf . She'd smile that smile, and I couldn't concentrate on any of my writing.

 

I could feel my heartbeat racing, and my breath getting ever so slightly harsher whenever I'd see her. I couldn't understand why this was happening to me. I felt utterly helpless, especially since I didn't know much about her, nothing at all, for that matter. I didn't even know if she liked anyone , or if she was already with a guy. My stomach tied into a knot at the thought and I looked down determinedly at my work. I felt the wrinkles on my forehead forming as I tried to concentrate on anything other than that damned girl, not that that was helping, as her image popped quite unceremoniously back in there. I wanted to know her more, but I didn't want to freak her out, and since I wasn't the most unobvious person in the world around her, I didn't even know how I'd make that happen without her figuring out that I had feelings for her.

 

Wait, feelings? I gulped. This was moving way too fast.

 

By the time we left Chen's, it was pretty late and Ji-Eun managed to call shotgun, which was fortunate for me, since I could have some shut-eye in the back seat without getting a minor heart attack everytime her shoulder would brush mine. When we reached the hotel and got stuck next to each other in the lift I didn't know how to act because the bloody lift was packed with a group of giggling teenagers who looked as though they were visiting for a hipster music festival or something, and so she was crammed beside me. I felt my face heating up with every floor it took to reach the 20th floor. The worst part was she was against me while sideways. The side of her chest was against mine and I was going crazy. I could tell that she herself  was feeling uncomfortable, but she didn't look like she was as flustered as I was feeling. I stared at the chrome wall of the elevator unhappily. I wished I was free to feel like this. The butterflies in my stomach at that moment were only bittersweet because I wanted so badly to grab her and kiss her.

 

Wait, WHAT?

 

I had to blink several times to knock myself out of whatever I was thinking. Oh god. Kissing her. My stomach did a few more somersaults as I felt her breath below my collar bones. Damn she was so close. My heart was ramming against my chest like it was trying to escape, and my mind had pretty much gone blank by this time. When the elevator doors opened after it reached the 20th floor , I was so relieved as she moved away.

 

Damn this feeling.

 

We got out of the lift as Ji-Eun turned around to face us as she waved  sweetly and said  "Good night guys,  " and winked at me.

 

!!!!!! Why did she do that ??????  My breath got caught midway as I stared at her in disbelief. She obviously didn't know how crazy I was for her, or she wouldn't possibly do that to me right? She wasn't the type to play around with a mans feeling, I was sure of that. She was just being naive and innocent. Dammit she didn't even understand that I might be in love with her. Her innocence just made me love her more, I couldn't take it.

 

 

Wait, love?

 

LOVE??!!!

 

                                                                                                                      ♣♣♣

 

 

 

I entered my room in a daze after what had just happened and made myself over to the window to contemplate this whole bloody thing.  Not even bothering to switch on any lights, I poured myself a glass of water from the bottle on the small tea table next to the window and took a gulp. Then I slapped myself lightly across my left cheek. As if that would help, Baekhyun. As if I could just slap away the gut-wrenching feeling I get whenever I'm close to this girl.

 

I'm officially so screwed.

 

 

I opened the balcony door and stepped out into the cool Seoul air. Not bad for summer, I thought as I looked down at all the lights in Seoul blinking up at me. The cold was bearable for once. Just then the chilly breeze started getting nippy and I hugged myself for warmth.

 

Then I froze.

 

The light in Ji-Eun's room had  just come on. I could see it through the corner of my eye but I didn't dare turn around because here's the thing; Ji-Eun's room is positioned at a 120 degree angle from mine . Which means if she was standing on her balcony, we'd be more or less facing each other comfortably enough to have a good conversation without having to break our necks.

 

As I was still staring forwards towards the Seoul's twinkling lights, I detected a movement from her room and I realised with a ing trembling heart that Ji-Eun was moving around close to her windows. Even through my peripheral vision, I had a clear idea of where she was because of the gap in between her two curtains.

 

I gulped. And breathed out as slowly and steadily as I could. I squeezed my eyes shut, and as shameful as I felt, I slowly turned my head around and opened my eyes.

 

 

What happened next was, I had a heart attack.

 

 

Ji-Eun was in her underwear, and gazing out of her windows down at the city. Black. Her bra and were black and her hair reached down her neck and shoulders and ended up in waves just above her chest. I felt like all the air in my lungs had got punched out and I was finding it difficult to breathe.

 

Her body.

 

She was just there.

 

Wearing barely anything.

 

I was going nuts.

 

As much as I wanted to look away and hide under my bed, I couldn't tear away my gaze. I felt like I was invading her privacy but I just couldn't help it, as my eyes started travelling downwards from her face. She looked sad and I felt terrible that I wasn't there to comfort her. As my eyes scanned her, I saw it all. Her collar bones cutting into her shoulders, her cleavage in between her perfectly sized chest , down to her navel on her impossibly slim tummy, and then further down to the place so sinful, I had to prompt myself to look further down her legs. I felt myself blushing madly as I tried to concentrate on her perfect legs and feet, and trying to ignore that sickening feeling eating at my stomach again.

 

After a few more seconds of her staring sadly at the city, she turned around and disappeared from sight. Then her light went off, and I was left, shivering in the now- cold Korean air, frozen in utter shock and awe and embarrassment , not quite knowing what to do.

 

After what felt likean eternity, I managed  to make my way to bed and crawled under the sheets.

 

 

You guessed it.

 

 

I barely slept a wink.

 

 

The next morning I woke up feeling grumpy and utterly unrefreshed. I sat there blinking for a few minutes until something hit my across my brain like a brick wall. My tummy did a few prize winning flips and I immediately felt nauseated because of it.

 

After I recovered in a few minutes I realised tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter