The escape

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here, drink up dear,”  my mom placed  the baby pink and white china  teacup in front of me.

“Thanks, Omma. How have you been?”  I asked  as I took the cup

“Oh you know, just enjoying life to the fullest. I joined a gardeing club, you know. Have you seen my roses?”  she asked me proudly.

I chuckled as  I looked at the tiny greying lady seated next to me in the wicker chair, surrounded by the numerous colourful potted plants, as we sat on my mother’s patio, sipping her delicious ginger tea. She was seriously too cute.

 I watched lazily as a butterfly who had fed off  a flower from the pot plant next to me flew over my head  and  rested on the arm of my wicker chair.

I’ve been here for almost the past 20 minutes. Straight after that awful encounter at the café, I had decided that I didn’t need to deal with the unpleasantness, and drove that full 2 hours to see my mother. At least here my past wont come back to haunt me.

I spent the rest of the afternoon helping my mom around her garden and with the grocery shopping. She later took me on a walk around the neighbourhood, all the while not hesitating to show me off to whoever we would meet.

“Oh hello, Mrs. Jeon!  Have you met my son yet?”

“Please give my regards to your lovely daughter, Mrs. Lee. She not yet married I take it? Don’t worry, her prince charming will be along soon enough. By the way, have you met my son?”

I groaned and literally had to stop myself from face-palming. I gave a polite bow to Mrs. Lee and a friendly wave as she walked away.

“Oh my god, Omma,  can you please stop wife-hunting for me? Didn’t I tell you that I’m not getting married any time soon?”

My mother looked so worried that I almost found it funny.

“Why not?” she exclaimed “Why is it that you don’t want to give me any grandchildren? What have I done to deserve this, Baekhyun- ah, what?”  she threw her arms up theatrically.

I rolled my eyes.She could be such a drama queen sometimes.

“Omma, why don’t you bother hyung instead, ah? He’s already married, isn’t he? He should be able to give you your precious grandkids any day now.” I pointed out.

“I would, but he won’t even take my calls now,” she whined.

I let out a genuine laugh. That was just like Baekbeom hyung. He didn’t like to deal with such nonsense and would sometimes pull a stunt like this.

“Omma,  I’ve told you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter