Rude Awakening

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I thought was that I'd finally managed to fall off my bed while sleeping. 

But then it hit me.  

Oh god! 

 I slowly rose halfway and peered on to the bed with bated breath. It was empty. A feeling of relief and then worry washed over me. Where the hell did she go?  Then I figured maybe she returned to her room to wash. I wondered how she felt. I hoped she was better and now she wasn't embarrassed of having felt so vulnerable she had to creep into someone else's room for comfort. Trust me, I thought she did the most sensible thing, but women will remain women and I knew women enough to know that they think what is completely opposite to men sometimes. And it seemed to me by how she would always hide her pain, that she was more likely to be embarrassed. I sighed. I really hoped she was alright. I needed to see her again. I determinedly balled my fists and decided that I will. So I washed up and wore my most comfortable Sunday clothing. I checked myself in front of the mirror. My eyes looked weird. Not enough sleep perhaps? 

 

I left my room and stood outside hers. It was around 7.45 and on a Sunday so I didn't have to worry about Chanyeol bursting out at this hour. I rose my hand to knock on the door and hesitated. Oh god, this was gonna be awkward. For me that is. The girl I was  in love with had been sobbing on my chest, literally, and had spent the rest of the night in my bed, so how else was I supposed to feel? But it killed me because I needed to make sure she was alright, so this had to be done.

 

I hesitantly knocked once on her door. My breath got caught somewhere in my throat as I waited. My mind was slowly going blank, I was so nervous. The look on her face last night and how close she was to me kept swimming around in my head, and I wanted to die. Suddenly the lock on the other side of the door clicked. .

 

When the door opened, I was welcomed by the sight of Ji-Eun, her hair still damp from her wash  and wearing a short skirt and top. I stared at her and she stared back, but this time she looked shocked and he lips parted slightly. Say something Baekhyun!!

 

I quickly managed to convert my stupefied look into a weak sort of shaky smile. God, I must look like an idiot right now, I thought.

" Hey...." I started, but didn't get further than that because Ji-Eun had already grabbed my arm and pulled me into her room. As soon as the door was closed behind us, she just stood there facing me with her head lowered. When I got over the shock of being grabbed, I managed to look around the room. It was a mess. There were clothes everywhere and little balled-up tissues were on her bed, but it looked like she had been trying to clean up just before I knocked, because there was a tiny pile of balled- up tissues on one corner of the bed.

 

I looked back down at her and found that she was looking up at me. I couldn't breathe again. 

 

Then she spoke up " Baekhyun-sshi....." She paused as she studied my face, " I'm so sorry about last night, I dunno what I was thinking to bother you like that" she smiled at me but I knew that it wasn't real.

 

I wasn't gonna take this from her, she didn't have to hide from me anymore, so this needed to stop. I took a step towards her.

 

" Listen Ji-Eun-sshi. It's completely fine that you came to me last night. Why don't you tell me what happened? Maybe  can help." I waited. I didn't want to pry too much if it was too personal and I understood that she should tell me only if she wanted to, but I had to try.

 

As I looked at her, her smile faded and she looked anxious again like she was gonna start crying again. I panicked. If she ended up crying on me again, I wouldn't be able to handle it and might end up doing something stupid and ending whatever we had then and there. So I took her hand gently and gave it a squeeze. She looked up me, teary eyed and her nose was turning red. I know it wasn't appropriate for the time but it looked really cute. I had to hold back from touching her face. I guided her further into the room and sat her on the bed and then did the same. I waited patiently while she sat there looking down at her hands. She remained like that for maybe a minute. I saw that her eyes were red and there were tear streaks down her face. My heart twisted into a knot and I struggled to stop myself from wiping away the tears that were forming in her eyes. Then she spoke.

 

" Well.. Um... The thing is... I had a really bad breakup recently, " she started, her voice shaking already. " He... Um....he....." She choked up, after that. I took hold of her hands again. Her soft hands. Those butterflies from hell started hoopla- hooping in my stomach again, but I held on. I knew what happened already but she needed to say it out. I knew enough about therapy from listening to my grandmothers issues to know that speaking out your problems is therapy enough.

 

" What happened? " I asked her gently.

 

She looked squarely at me and I saw her eyes gleaming,  " He cheated on me, " she said, this time her voice was steady, like she was trying to reinforce herself. " I caught him on my bed with his secretary on the day of our 8 year anniversary, "

 

I felt my blood boiling again. 8 year anniversary? I wanted to wring that guys neck so damn bad, I was starting to go crazy. I willed myself to calm down and exhaled.

 

"He's being trying to call and text me for the past week. And last night he.... He told me that he.... That he still...that he still....loved me...and...that he wanted me back...." And she broke down again and buried her face in her hands and cried. I couldn't take it anymore, I would have hit something or destroyed the bed side lamp or something so I instinctively wrapped her up in my arms. It was the only thing I could think of. I barely breathed, and it didn't help when she was snuggled so close to me, that she buried her face in my neck and her hand which was in an awkward position suddenly went up to my chest and held it. My heart skipped several beats and I prayed that she wouldn't feel the warzone that was happening in my heart. Her tiny body fit so well in my arms. I felt myself calming down suddenly , as I held her tighter. She eventually stopped sobbing and removed herself from my embrace. I felt lonely instantly when she did it. She paused then looked at me and smiled. It was a genuine, but somewhat watery smile, but I knew she was feeling better.

 

" Baekkhyun-sshi..." She gave a a forced chuckle and sniffed " I'm so embarrassed right now, having to put you through my drama" , she said but continued to eye me.

 

" No, it's fine, Ji-Eun-sshi. I'm just glad that you managed to say it out instead of keeping it to yourself all time and suffering alone, " I gave her an encouraging smile.

 

Suddenly her face was way too close to mine and I froze. She paused. I was going crazy. She closed her eyes and then pressed her moist lips onto my cheek. My mind went blank and my eyes widened as her lips lingered on my cheek.

 

"Thank you, " she whispered into my ear.

 

                                                                             ♠♠♠

It was 12.45 at noon when Chanyeol and I took a break from our song writing and went o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter