Heart to heart

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I followed Ji-Eun to the elevator. She didn’t say anything, instead staring at  the elevator doors until they opened. We stepped in and I noticed that she pressed the rooftop floor.

 

“Hey where are we going…?” I asked.  She didn’t reply.

 

When we reached the top, I waited patiently for whatever she wanted to know from me.

 

Ji-Eun then turned to me and somehow her expression looked pained. I didn’t know what was going on.

Then she spoke. “I called you, you know. Several times,” she said softly.

I remembered with a jolt the unknown number from whom I had 4 missed calls. She seriously called me?

 

“Baekhyun-shi, why does my sister know you?”

 

I looked at her beautiful face, which was strangely  wearing an expression of concern. I was confused. Why was she so bothered?

 

I was still not ready to talk about Taeyeon but I guessed that I couldn’t escape it now. So I started, with all the terrible memories that came rushing into my brain.. “Ji-Eun- shi, I actually used to …..’

“Hold up…..” she interrupted , “don’t tell me that…. that the woman who ruined your life was…. was my sister?” she looked apalled as realisation dawned on her face.

 

I paused. I couldn’t remember telling her anything of my personal life.

 

“How….how did you know that?” I asked slowly.

Jieun looked completely unabashed.

 

“Chanyeol told me one night…. How one of your ex-girlfriends broke your heart and turned you into an emotionless and  anti social guy,”

 

I gritted my teeth. That guy!  I wasn’t antisocial! And I most certainly wasn’t emotionless.But maybe a little colder than what I used to be.

I calmed down as something in what she said hit me.

“Not ex-girlfriend, Ji-Eun- shi. She was my fiancee.”

 

I suddenly realised that Ji-Eun looked like she was close to tears.

 

Oh god. Did I really invoke such a pity party in people that women around me always randomly ended up in tears? Was my life really that pathetic?

 

I felt something touch my hand. I looked down and saw Ji-Euns soft little hand in mine. My insided took a turn.her hand felt good, like it fit, perfectly.

 

“Baekhyun shi, do you mind telling me what happened?”

 

When I was done with my story, neither of us spoke for a while. We both just sat there, leaning our backs against the water tank, and just looking up at the sky. I told her everything. About how we had met, how we fell in love, how we built dreams for the future, how we had the time of our lives together, how I proposed to her. How she tricked me into believing that she loved me, played with me and how she cast me aside like I was a lifeless doll.

At the end of it, Ji-Eun was in tears. I couldn’t get why she was so affected by all this. But then again, one of the reasons why I fell for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter