What happened

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"It's over, Baekhyun. I didn't really think this would last as long as it did, but oh well. I know I had fun. Did you seriously think we were gonna be together forever?  Let it go, Baekhyun. You should've known this would happen. It's been fun, but .... I don't want to be with you anymore..... Let's break up.... There's really no point in you and me in anymore......"

 

"But Taeyeon, I love you......."

 

"You're a fool, Baekhyun. Move on already....." 

 

 

I gripped the steering wheel tightly and gritted my teeth. The humiliation. The wasted emotions. All that time. My happiness.  Everything I lost and sacrificed. It all seemed like a bad dream that I couldn't escape. I was so mad and confused that I didn't even realise that I was speeding, and that I wasn't alone in the car.

 

"Um.... Baekhyun-sshi...you're going a bit too fast....." 

 

I automatically felt my foot easing up on the accelerator and felt the car slowing down. I took a deep breath and turned to glance at the girl next to me.  My heart skipped a beat. I realised with shock the resemblance. The same face shape, the same hair..... Even the same smile. But somehow different. But somehow the same. I was so confused. My brain started to hurt. Were they really related? Was she really the sister of that monster? 

 

"Sorry..." I managed with a smile, " where did you wanna get dropped?" 

 

She chuckled, and pulled back her head against the head rest. " Baekhyun-sshi.....! We're going out to dinner, can't you remember? You, me and Chanyeol . We promised Chen oppa ! " she exclaimed and gave me a quizzical look. 

 

Of course. Somewhere between the ramblings of Chanyeol that morning, we had decided to take our work with us to dinner at Chen's place.   Chen oppa!?    "Chen oppa, huh? When did that happen? " I asked. Obviously what I was feeling was a little jealousy, I mean come on. Chen and I were the same age, after all. 

 

She giggled and looked a little flushed, "Oh he asked me to call him that. And also, he's rather cute," she stifled another giggle.  

 

I rolled my eyes. Give me a break.

 

I couldn't concentrate after that. The entire ride back to the hotel, all I could think of was what the hell I was going to do. The last thing I wanted was to be anywhere within ten miles of Taeyeon or anything related to her in any way......

 

 

 

....but then there was Ji-Eun.

 

 

 

Dinner at Chen's was the usual affair. Once the Soju was opened, there was  alot of noise, high pitched singing from Chen, Chanyeol would rap to anyone who would listen, and of course I wouldn't even touch the drink. I hadn't got drunk in 2 years and things weren't gonna change today.

 

After what seemed like the 8th  round of drinks, I got up from my seat and headed upstairs.

 

The rooftop. I loved coming over to Chen's house because his rooftop was just magical. The little room in the second floor he uses as a broom closet has a ladder leading upto a small trap door which opens out onto a small concrete rectangular landing. The rest of the roof slopes downwards onto it from two sides. 

 

I just loved this place. Everytime I come over for a social call, I'd find my solitude right here. One of the trees from Chen's garden grew all the way upto this landing, so that a few branches would stick out onto it, scattering it's white flowers everywhere on the floor. Sometimes I would just lie on the gently sloping roof next to the tree and just stare at the moon and stars while Chanyeol and Chen got wasted drunk downstairs. 

 

I looked around. It was perfect. The sky above was alive with twinking stars. Everything was bathed in the soft moonlight. The breeze blew ever so softly on my face and I closed my eyes .It was so beautful, I was almost inspired to write a song . Hmm... moonlight....

 

I sighed. I thought of how I got to this point in my life. How I had wanted a singing career when I was younger and how my personal life got in the way of that. I thought about  the last time I was truly happy and how discontent  I was with my drab life now.

 

And now this entire mess with Ji-Eun . I just wanted to curl up and sleep it off like it was a bad dream. Or possibly move cities.

 

My peace was suddenly shattered when someone spoke.

"Baekhyun-sshi.... ?"

I almost had a heart attack.

 

I turned around and could barely make out a silhouette and realised with a jolt that it was indeed her. She'd been sitting on the floor near the edge of the roofto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter