Collide

I swore not to fall again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Chanyeol, where did you leave my phone? And why couldn’t you have charged yours before we came, ah? I mean you clearly know how rehearsals take ,like, hours?" I complained.

I was feeling irritated for the first time today. The day had been going gradually from warm and pleasant to sticky and unbearable and it was driving me mad. I looked over at my best friend. He was sitting on the sofa and texting someone on my phone. He looked amused, and a sly smile was playing on his lips. I walked over.

"Dude, who the hell are you texting so much?" I asked and reached for the phone. "you've been at this since we got here! You could have at least helped me a little," I sulked.

 "Just a friend, Baekhyun," he said as he pulled the phone away from me. " Actually she’s on her way over here. Ehhh I can't wait to see her!! Gosh, I missed that girl...."

I looked  over at him. He had that same playful smile on and was now looking at the wall and reminiscing.

Oh great. He's texting an ex- girlfriend from my phone? It has got to be an ex, right? He didn't have one now, and being the same Chanyeol that he was,  his breakups were usually civilised affairs, and he  would still end up not being hated by his only two exes . I knew for a fact that he was even friends with one of them.

 "So how long did you guy go out for, “ I asked.

Chanyeol turned his head and looked positively bemused,  " We didn't, Baekhyun. She's just a friend. Let's just call her a really good friend, " he said and turned back to the phone and continued to text.

 Oh that's how you wanna play it then, Chanyeol?  I winked at him “ Riiiiiiight....... because that sounds so convincing. I'll leave you to it then ,” I said, not particularly wanting to talk any more to people about  their relationships.

I yawned and stretched. Staying up all night writing that stupid song  for our friend Chen , and getting no help at all from Chanyeol today ,  really did things to me. All he had done the entire night was texting that girl and I've had enough of it now. I shot one last glance at him and walked out of the room.

Funny how things turn out. Chanyeol had always been the kind of guy who falls in love few times in his life, but each time it lasts forever. He's the kind who dreams of true love and all that magic; the kind of details that we as a society are subject to through literature, myth and art. The type of thinking that didn't exist in real life.Well, as far as my experiences usually go, at least.

 

Love. What the hell does this word even mean. To me, this very concept reminded me of all the failures I've had in my life and combined  into one very sad and pathetic lump of emotion which I'd hoped I'd never again encounter. People talk about heartbreak and this and that; teenage pop stars sing about it. How terribly hilarious. What do children know of it.

In a nutshell, I was in love once. Just once. Purely , completely , unconditionally. Then she ripped  my heart out and left me to die. And I did. I became an empty shell . I lay my heart for a woman once. We had a life together and we were happy, until it turned out that she was the one less in love in our relationship. She left me cold and empty,  and did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter