Cold

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found myself following the strange boy that had introduced himself as Park Jimin through a mass of drunken dancers. I was a bit jealous of them and their ability to get lost in their own passions and desires.

Jimin would occassionally glance behind to make sure I was still behind his trail. Judging by the way he was nibbling at his lips, he was anxious that I would suddenly change my mind and sneak away.

Sneaking away wasn't on my mind. I was instead formulating scenarios of what I would do when I saw Taehyung but I could never reach an ending to these scenes. Not happy ones, anyway.

We passed by the bulk of the crowd and started climbing up a spiraling set of marble stairs. I slowed my steps when Jimin stood next to a widened door to one of those private rooms that overlooked the main floor of the club.

Maybe it was the overwhelming scent of brand-name perfume and expensive liquor or my serious lack of sleep and food, but as I entered the room, I felt an insanely irriating headache drill inside my head.

Through my foggy vision, I spotted him. He was seated in the velvet booth, his head slumped into his arms on top of the cold table. Next to him sat a girl, strikingly beautiful with a luxurious aura that I could never surpass. She eyed me up and down while she Taehyung's back, her slender fingers lightly grazing his leather jacket.

My eyes followed those fingers and I bit back a strange urge to crush them under my feet.

Turns out, I didn't have to because Taehyung jolted up from the table, slapping away the girls intrusive hands. "Didn't I tell you not to touch me?" He growled, pushing back his sweaty hair.

"But oppa, you said I could stay with you tonight!" She whined, her wine-stained lips pouting out in an attempt to sway the drunken boy.

"I never said anything. You followed me around like a kicked puppy waiting for a treat." He laughed before taking another shot of vodka. "But guess what? I have nothing to give you! I'm a ing useless mess. So leave and mooch off someone who could actually offer you something."

The gorgeous girl stormed out of the room, her heels clicking against the tiled floor. I trailed my eyes towards the ground and saw glass, fruit, and money littered onto the floor.

"Taehyung." Jimin called out from behind me, his voice tense and uncomfortable. "I found her. Yuri, she's here."

At the mention of my name, Taehyung snapped his head towards me, his bloodshot eyes widening. He shook his head as if he was trying to clear his eyes, making sure that I wasn't a figment of his imagination.

Jimin squeezed my shoulder and nodded towards Taehyung. "I'll be outside. Please...please take care of him."

The room turned eerily silent after Jimin closed the door behind us. I kept my eyes on Taehyung's face, drinking in the features of the boy I loved.

"I didn't think you would actually come."

"I wasn't planning to."

"But you did."

"I did."

He chuckled at my short answers. "Still as stubborn as ever Woo Yuri."

I thought that in the moment that I saw him, I would have a million thoughts running through my head. I thought that I would be angry at him, maybe even throw my shoe at him in vengence for what he said to me the last time that we saw eachother.

Yet in that very moment, all I could see were his eyes. Those pure, kind eyes that deserved to see nothing but the good in this world were lined with thick lashes coated with droplets of tears.

He scooted deeper into the booth and with a hesitant hand, beckoned me to the seat next to him. "Will you...Can you sit next to me?"

My lips pressed into a thin line, but I found myself carefully stepping towards him, ignorning the glass crunching under my feet. I lowered myself onto the velvet cushion, my heartbeat accelerating as I felt his warmth next to mine.

It had been so long since I felt that wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter