Last Mission

Change Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's getting warmer here in Seoul. I wonder if our comrades are enjoying the breeze back in the North, huh?"

I grinned at the thought of our comrades. It was iffy to call them friends, yet they were the closest to it that I had. "I hope so Yoongi."

I really did hope. Hope was something that was dangerous to posess, yet it was all that kept us going. Hope that our comrades were still alive. Hope that they were healthy and well. Hope that someday we would be able to return to them.

"Maybe we should paint the walls to our house a different color." Yoongi suggested, prompting a double chin of confusion out of me.

"What's wrong with our walls right now?" I defended.

"Well, let's just say that the grey color makes me feel like were in some juvenille center."

I chuckled, shaking my head at his comparison. "Then what color do you suggest?"

We walked for a bit longer, our steps clicking in unison on the paved road. "I was thinking lime green."

"Lime green?" I repeated in shock. "Over my dead body Yoongi. Out of all the colors, you choose the most absurd one." Snorting, I powered walked to get away from the crazy boy.

"I'm telling you we need some brightness in that house! We're gonna rot in there!"

I was still rolling my eyes and Yoongi's exasperated demands when a small tune entered my ears. I immediately halted and the silence behind me told me that Yoongi had stopped too.

The sound was coming from a deserted alley situated inbetween a dingy bookstore and a run-down café. The sound echoed across the narrow space, filling the emptiness with a tinkling tune.

I flashed Yoongi a look and he immediately nodded back. After quickly scanning my surroundings, I pulled the cap of my hood up, covering a majority of my face. It was a safety precaution; it was better to conceal ourselves than to risk getting caught.

When mission's were given out, the atmosphere became increasingly dangerous. The police were alert because often times, they would catch an indication that there was suspicious activity occuring.

Standing at the entrance, I pinpointed the sound to a bundle of garbage cans. I silently made my way towards them, Yoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter