Protected

When Things Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Protected

 

 

Another Friday morning, another suffering for Seulgi. Sometimes she cannot stand Music Bank's scriptwriters with the cringe worthy scripts they are giving their MCs, especially it is Irene we are talking about, Irene, her girlfriend.

 

Seulgi grunted when Irene attempted to get out of their bed. Another reason for Seulgi to hate Friday is because they need to be separated for the day. Seulgi pulled her back and hugged her so tight.

 

"Can't you just stay here for the rest of the day?" Seulgi whined.

 

"Baby bear, you know I can't. I have to be an MC for Music Bank every Friday. It is my job. You know that I needed this job." Irene caressed Seulgi's hand and squeezed it to assure her girlfriend.

 

"But you really don't need that job. Why do you have to prove yourself to them? You clearly are talented and visually stunning." Seulgi whined even more. They barely have time for each other for the past few days since they are busy with their schedules.

 

"But as you can see, people doesn't appreciate what I have, of what I can give, so I have to double my efforts to show them that I am not just a mere stage decoration." Seulgi frowned. Irene is being so hard on herself again.

 

"Come on, baby bear. We're already done with this conversation right? Don't frown like that. And fyi, I'm not being pessimistic. It's reality dear. And we can't escape that."

 

Irene pulled Seulgi out of the bed. But since Seulgi is so much stronger than her, she easily pulled her back to the bed. Irene squealed for the sudden turn out of events.

 

"Just give me 10 minutes. Let's stay like this for another 10 more minutes." Seulgi commanded rather than a request.

 

"And this another 10 minutes is making it a lot harder to leave." Irene grunted. Seulgi chuckled. It is one of their problems as a couple. It is so hard for them to be apart even for a brief moment. And being apart on public, which is much requested by their managers, is their greatest enemy. 

 

"Ugh. Why can't I just come with you. I don't have any schedules." Seulgi frowned. Irene took the chance to hold Seulgi's face.

 

"You know that it is a big no no. We might get caught. Plus, unnie will not let you."

 

"But I can disguise. And I can go there separately so we will not be seen together." Seulgi said but Irene only looked at her incredulously. "Yeah. That plan is pretty pathetic." Seulgi said as they laugh together.

 

"It will be fast. Besides, it is not even a whole day schedule." Irene tried to assure her.

 

"But you have a schedule until the dawn. And you have to be out before lunch for your hair and makeup. It is almost a day." Seulgi whined for the umpteenth time that morning. "Can I pick you up? I'll ask manager unnie that I'll be the one picking you up."

 

"Bear, you don't have a license."

 

"But I know how to drive." Seulgi countered. Irene shakes her head.

 

"No. It will be dangerous. Plus, I told you, they won't let you." Irene firmly said. "Just rest here. Don't wait for me too okay? I'll be home late. And don't worry, I'll call you when I have a time." Irene reassured her. And with that, Seulgi knows she can't do anything about it but just to wait.

 

—•—•—•—•—•—

 

"Unnie, manager unnie is now here." Wendy shouted from the doorsteps to inform Irene.

 

"Yes. I'm coming." Irene shouted back.

 

"You take care okay? Don't make me worry again. Because you know that I won't think twice to dash my way there." Seulgi kissed her softly.

 

"Yes. I will. You too. Don't be clumsy here. You just rest okay? And don't you dare forget to watch me." Irene kissed her back, lingering a little longer than it should be. 

 

"I'll be going now." Irene said. Seulgi just nodded then she walked Irene to where their manager is and bid her goodbye. 

 

Seulgi fished out her phone on her pocket as she settled on the couch. She dialed a certain person's number and wait for that person to pick it up. When she heard a 'click' sound, she smiled.

 

"Hey bear. Why'd you called?" 

 

"You'll be performing on Music Bank today right?" Seulgi asked.

 

"Yes. Why? Speaking of Music Bank, Irene is the MC there right?"

 

"Exactly." Seulgi said as she smiled.

 

"What's on your mind ddeulgi bear? Seems like I have a mission today, eh?" Seulgi chuckled. She's really her friend.

 

"You got it, llama." Amber laughed at the other line.

 

"What is it?" Amber asked.

 

"Well you see, my girlfriend is the MC there. And lately, the scripts they are giving them is making me uncomfortable. And I think someone out there doesn't know his place. And as you know my girl, she's really unaware that there are bad people in this world. She's so pure. So can you please look after her? I think he's not quite taking it seriously the fact that we're together.  Mind putting him to his place?" Seulgi bitterly said. Amber laughed on the line.

 

"Alright. Alright. I will. It's so foreign to me hearing you like that bear. I'm not used to." Amber said while laughing.

 

"Hey. I'm serious here." Seulgi frowned. Then she saw Wendy sit on the couch near her.

 

"I know. That's why I'm laughing. But seriously, I will do it. I can't let my friend be this pissed."

 

"Thanks, llama. Any by the way, I have another request." Seulgi said as she looked at the curious Wendy now looking at her while squinting her eyes.

 

"Aren't you taking me for granted here?" Amber joked.

 

"Amber, it's not that big of a deal. Please?" Seulgi pleaded. Wendy's attention is now on full.

 

"Okay. What is it?"

 

"Can you do the encore with her if you win? Make her dance your choreo please." Wendy scoffed at her best friend. Seulgi just ignored her for now.

 

"What if she doesn't like? You know, what if she used her unnie card?" Amber chuckled on the line.

 

"Say it on broadcast so she doesn't have a choice. She can't say no when there are too many people out there looking at her." Seulgi said confidently. Amber laughed at her.

 

"How did I forgot that you know her too well. Damn bear. You really wanted her to dance this huh? Why though? Is she that good?"

 

"Ha. She's beyond perfection. I requested her to dance this that one time I saw her dancing 4 walls but she doesn't let me see it again. Good thing I saw her dance Soojung's part. God. She's so hot." Seulgi said almost whisperiuthe last part to herself. But Wendy heard it so loud and clear and she can't help but to be shocked.

 

"Are you sure you want her to dance that on live broadcast? If she's that hot, she'll definitely going to swoon more guys under her spell. I may fall if she's that hot." Amber joked to her. But Seulgi didn't thought it was a joke because she flared in anger.

 

"Don't you dare, Josephine. I'll kill you. I'm telling you."

 

"Hahaha. Relax. I won't steal her. Unless you hurt her. Damn. You're one hell of a lucky bear. You caught a goddess. If you hurt her, I'll really be one of the man lining up for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter