Mother

When Things Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mother

 

 

It was another hectic day for Red Velvet. They've been performing in every concert out there even though Dumb Dumb promotions already ended. One listed appointment on their schedule is a photoshoot for Elle magazine plus a short interview. But even though it was a short one, it seems like Seulgi won't let it pass without letting her playful side to come out.

 

After the last schedule for that day, they all agreed to just go home and buy some dinner along the way. They are too tired to do something. But not for one of them who seems like drank a whole bottle of energy pill because of how energetic she is still. It is none other than their resident happy virus, Seulgi.

 

She is kinda disappointed with her members because they are too tired to join her. Even her girlfriend is too tired to join her in her own happy world. When no one is still listening to her, she grunts.

 

"Come on guys. We need to celebrate. Dumb Dumb is doing well. Didn't you see how people are cheering for us earlier?" Seulgi talk rather positively even though the members doesn't want to listen to her.

 

"Seulgi, please let us rest. Aren't you tired? We've been working since dawn. Reserve some energy for tomorrow's schedule." Wendy pleaded her best friend. She even covered her eyes by her arms to let Seulgi know that she is really tired. Joy and Yeri nodded at the back.

 

"Wendy unnie is right. Just keep that energy for tomorrow." Yeri added.

 

"But guys-" Seulgi wanted to argue with her members but a hand, that held her hand, stopped her from doing so. When she looked up to see the owner of the hand, she saw her girlfriend shaking her head, asking her to just stop and let her members rest. Seulgi only sighed. Can she contest Bae Joohyun? Absolutely not.

 

When they arrived at the dorm, Seulgi suddenly shouted, surprising her members and her manager.

 

"Guys, we're home! Come on now, wake up! Wake up!"

 

All the sleeping members grunted, showing her how irritated they got from her shouting. The members immediately alighted to avoid another noise coming from Kang Seulgi herself. 

 

"Seulgi, don't be like that. You're members are tired, can't you see? Let them rest. And reserve that energy for tomorrow." Their manager reprimanded Seulgi's behavior for the night.

 

"But unnie, I just want to-" Seulgi wanted to explain herself. But her girlfriend's calling stopped her from doing so.

 

"Come on now, bear. Manager unnie needed to rest too. We still have to be early for tomorrow." Irene said as she stretched out her hand, reaching for Seulgi's. And Seulgi doesn't have a choice but to abide her leader.

 

They walked hand in hand until they reached their dorm. The members are nowhere to be seen when they reach the living room. Probably they're already sleeping. Seulgi thought.

 

Seulgi is being dragged to their room already. All her thoughts to watch even one to two episodes of her favorite drama is being washed away. Seems like Irene predicted her plans beforehand. Seulgi grunts and this becomes unnoticed by Irene.

 

"Baby, let's rest already. You can watch all the reruns of your favorite dramas when we got a free day. I promise. No one will disturb you by then. Just please end this night already." Irene faces her girlfriend as she kisses her cheeks.

 

"But I am not yet tired. I don't want to sleep yet." Seulgi said as they enter their room. Wendy is nowhere to be found on her bed.

 

"Look, Wendy even decided to sleep on the maknaes' room because you won't stop being so hyper." Irene stares at her with a hint of scolding. Seulgi sighed.

 

"Let's sleep now okay? You shower first, I'll just fix our things for tomorrow." Irene instructed her. But this bear really took a whole bottle of energy drink. She pulled her girlfriend by the waist as she whisper in her ear, flirtatiously, with eyebrows wiggling,

 

"Why don't we shower together?"

 

Seulgi just earned a push in her face and a very firm "No" from Irene.

 

"Please, baby. I'm tired already. Shower fast so I can shower too already. I'm really sleepy already." Irene pleaded her and Seulgi doesn't have a choice but to obey her.

 

—•—•—•—•—•—

 

Whe Irene finished with everything, she finally joined Seulgi on their bed. She hugged Seulgi's waist as she place her head on her chest. Seulgi is now peaceful than earlier. Seems like her energy has been drained already. Irene lifted her head to come face to face with Seulgi so she can kiss her lips.

 

""Why are you so hyper today?" Irene decided to ask. 

 

"Nothing. I just feel like it." Seulgi answered as she kisses her girlfriend deeply. Their kiss is turning passionate but suddenly Irene remembered something. She's supposed to ask this to her girlfriend earlier but she thought it will be much appropriate to ask this when they reached home. Seulgi opened her eyes abruptly and looked at her girlfriend. She's about to ask her why did she stopped so suddenly but Irene placed her hand on Seulgi's mouth before she could even talk.

 

"I'm gonna ask you something that's why I stopped." Irene said waiting for Seulgi's reply to which Seulgi nodded.

 

"Of all the questions you could ask, why did you ask me that earlier on our interview?" Irene said. But it seems like she was wrong when she thought that Seulgi would understand her question without elaborating it. Seulgi's face screams confusion so Irene decided to make it clear and complete.

 

"I said, why did you ask me if is it okay for me to be called mother earlier for the Elle interview. Out of all the possible questions to be asked, why did you happen to ask that?" Irene said slowly for Seulgi to understand.

 

"Aaaahh. That." Seulgi said then she suddenly laughed. Irene got confuse as to what is funny on her question. She frowned at the woman above her. When Seulgi saw that her eyebrows are already meeting each other, she decided to control her laugh.

 

"I'm sorry." She said still half laughing.

 

"Okay. I'm sorry. I just remembered something." Seulgi said but Irene just squinted her eyes. Seulgi pecked her lips to stop her frown.

 

"You wanna know why I ask that?" Seulgi asked Irene.

 

"Seulgi, that is what I am asking you." Irene said coldly.

 

"Woah, what's with the coldness? You even called me by my name. Relax." Seulgi straightened Irene's forehead by her hand. Then she pecks her again to make her relax. Irene got really pissed at her because she even called her by her name which is so rare to happen, and it only happens whenever Irene is serious. It is a signal for Seulgi to stop.

 

"I ask that because I wanna know if you're okay with it." Seulgi said.

 

"Why? I mean, why would you ask that? Are there people still teasing me with that? I told you, as long as the fans are happy calling me that, it'll be fine for me." Irene looked directly into Seulgi's eyes. So when she answered this, she saw something, something she's so familiar, in Seulgi's eyes.

 

"Silly, it's not that." Seulgi said then she smirked. A signal for Irene to confirm her earlier feeling about where this is going.

 

"Stop whatever you're thinking, Kang Seulgi. I told you I'm tired." Irene warned her.

 

"What? I'm just talking here and answering you're question. What did I do?" Seulgi said with a hint of teasing.

 

"Don't play innocent here, kid. I know what that look means. You cannot trick me." Irene squinted her eyes. She attempted to remove herself from Seulgi but the younger girl was fast to keep her in place.

 

"Come on, Joohyun. Don't be so grumpy." Seulgi said as she hug her girlfriend.

 

"Be serious. I'm asking you seriously here." Irene frowned. Seulgi chuckled at how cute her girlfriend is right now. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter