She's a Monster

When Things Are Real
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

SHE'S A MONSTER

 

Based on this and this. Hope you enjoy. :)

 

A/N: Sorry for my mistakes whether grammatical or typographical.

 

 

Seulgi's POV

 

I sighed for the umpteenth time that day — well for just a span of an hour — and the cause of this is some videos and articles about Irene unnie's fanboys. Every man out there are clearly picking her as their ideal girl — well who wouldn't? But I cannot help but to be even more down seeing how many rivals I have when it comes to her. Not only boys for that matter. I sighed one more time.

 

"What's the matter?" Wendy asked me. Clearly seeing how depressed I look while sitting on my bed.

 

I sighed. Because that's the only thing I can do for now. Blame my coward heart.

 

"Well, just like the usual." I said. 

 

"What is it this time? Another admirer?" She guessed. And it's not a surprise when she guesses it right. So I just nodded. Then I heard her sigh.

 

"I already told you, confess to her already. If you let this pass again, more admirers — that may become suitors — will come to your way. Worst is when she fell in love with any of them before she does to you."

 

"It's not that easy Wendy-ah. You know that."

 

"Yeah yeah. That you're in the same group and your friendship might get ruined because of your selfishness blah blah blah. So sick of it already you grumpy bear."

 

"But it's true. If she's not feeling the same, I might just ruin everything, even our group."

 

"Psh. I thought you know her better than anyone else?" I nodded. "Yet why are you judging her beforehand? Before you even make your move?" I just sigh.

 

"Bear, don't be a coward. If you'll continue that mindset, you might lose her completely." Wendy warned me. This is not the first time she said this. Everytime we happen to make Irene Unnie our topic, we always fall into this conversation. That I'm a weak dumb bear.

 

"Yes. Yes. I know. Don't worry, I'll give it a try. But in time. Not this fast though." Wendy just shook her head. 

 

"I don't know bear. It's all up to you now. I'm done here." Wendy said then she went out of our room.

 

—•—•—•—•—•—

 

After that little talk with Wendy, I decided to distract myself. I'm undecided yet whether to go to noraebang or just watch some rerun of dramas in the living room. And since I'm quite not in the mood to go out, I just chose the latter.

 

 

The dorm seems a little too quiet. They did not inform me though whether they're going out or whether they have schedules. It's quite unusual. But rather than think of it, I just ignored it and started my drama marathon. It's been a while since the last time I did this. It is either we're too busy with promotions or the two evil maknaes are owning the remote control.

 

"Aaaah. Relaxing." I muttered. But my peaceful demeanor was ruined when someone suddenly speak.

 

"Oh. I didn't know you're here." Oh my God. Of all people, it's unnie. My goddess is in front of me, distracting me again and again.

 

"A-Ah u-unnie." Damn did I just stuttered?

 

"I thought you went out with Wendy." She said then sat beside me.

 

My heartbeat went thrice as fast as it was before. God damn it Bae Joohyun. Why are making me fall harder even by just appearing in front of me?

 

I was caught off guard when she looked at me. But since I'm such a weakling, I diverted my gaze in front of me making my heart beat faster than it already is. Am I busted? Then I hear her chuckle. And even though it was so hard for me to look directly into her eyes, I did try to do so. But I only held it for a mere second gaining a laughter from her.

 

"You're so weird, Seul." She said. I can only scratch my nape.

 

We let silence takeover us after that and instead, we just focus on watching the reruns. But before we finish our third episode, I felt someone is looking — gazing — at me. It's not an illusion. Bae Joohyun is really — finally — setting her eyes on me. But I cannot spazz fully about it since I'm getting uncomfortable at how she stare at me. It is too intense that I feel like my head will bear a hole if she won't stop with what she's doing.

 

It was when the episode was done when I get the courage to ask her. I cannot take it anymore. I'll melt and I'll really fall for her harder if she won't stop.

 

"Uhm unnie?" I asked. It's a wrong move for me when I decided to look at her. Because I'm caught off guard when I found her looking directly at me, waiting for our eyes to meet.

 

"Yes?" She only said but it feels like she said a paragraph on how it went in a slow motion. I was drowned on her eyes. It is too lovely that I cannot stop looking. She needed to call my attention again for me to get back to myself. "Bear?" 

 

"Ah. Uhm. I'll just ask why are looking at me like that." I asked but I still cannot take my eyes away from her.

 

"Like what?" Is she joking me? Is she using the innocent card?

 

"Uhm. You were like watching me instead of the drama the whole third episode. It's kinda uncomfortable." She chuckled.

 

"Aaahh. Nothing. Just feel like it." She said nonchalantly. Then she added, "Maybe the same reason everytime you do the same to me." She smiled to me then I saw her enter our room.

 

At this point, I know that my cheeks are burning so much that I have to puff it. Damn girl. During the entire night, I cannot help but smile to myself whenever I think of that incident. "Just feel like it." She's really giving me some attention now.

 

—•—•—•—•—•—

 

The next day, I woke up really early for no reason. And the first thing I thought of is her and our little exchange of words the day before. I wanted to sleep more when I reached the couch but I cannot sleep at this state. Wendy was the first one to wake up among the members as usual. And my happy aura didn't get unnoticed by this hamster.

 

"Is the end of the world nearing? Or just some miracle that it's you who's the first one to wake up?" I just smiled at her.

 

"Geez Seulgi. You're so creepy. You're grinning alone when I saw you then even now I'm talking to you, you're still grinning?" She slapped me. But I'm too happy to notice it.

 

"Can't I just be happy?" 

 

"Because of?" And just like it's a cue, we saw a goddess walk out of our room wearing her usual short shorts and oversized shirt outfit.

 

"Good morning unnie." Wend greeted her which she greeted her back.

 

"Good morning Irene unnie." I said rather enthusiastic. But I may look dumb to them, it's just fine because I earned a big smile from my goddess early this morning. Plus a slightly long eye contact after she greeted me back with, "Good morning too bear."

 

Wendy might notice this because then we heard a cough — a fake cough — pulling us from our reverie. But out of habit, I followed her movements with my gazing until she reached the bathroom.

 

"Stop gawking. It's just a door now." Wendy scoffed.

 

"God. She's so beautiful. Her morning look is so hot." I said while relieving the moments just a while ago.

 

"ert bear." Wendy suddenly said which made me snapped out of my thoughts.

 

"What?!? I am not."

 

" I bet you're already imagining yourself on a bed with her." I felt my cheeks burn like hell. 

 

"Oh my God. I-" she suddenly stopped with her sentence. 

 

"Hey. It's not like that. I just really find her so beautiful and soooo y. Ooohh. Too hot." Gosh. I should really stop imagining things.

 

"I didn't know you can think of such thoughts bear. Woah. You're damned." 

 

"I know. I know. I can't help it. I just love her so much. And... Hormones. Ugh." She laughed.

 

"Seriously? Seriously Seulgi?"

 

"I'm serious though. I love her so much." I said and smiled at her. She just patted my head. I'm damned because I fell too hard for Bae Joohyun.

 

—•—•—•—•—•—

 

Who could have thought that Irene unnie would ask me to help her do the cooking today? 

 

"Seulgi, are you busy?" Irene unnie asked me.

 

"No, unnie. Why?" 

 

"Can you help me cook today?"

 

"Absolutely!" Then she smiled.

 

"Thanks."

 

She asked me to wash some utensils she'll be using while she prepares the ingredients.

 

"Omo!" She suddenly blurted out.

 

"Unnie?" I asked her but she just laughed because I looked so worried, as she said.

 

"Cute. We don't have enough milk. Can you please go to the store below to buy some?" She asked me while looking at me with pleading eyes. How can I say no?

 

"Of course unnie. No problem!" I said then I winked. Haha. Look who have gained some confidence.

 

"Great. I'll wait for you. Thank you, Seul."

 

I went down and bought everything she said. Glad it was just an easy task. When I went back, I saw her looked so troubled again. Then she looked at me. I saw her holding the lighter and I got the message already. I tried it first to make sure if it's really not working. But it is really not working.

 

"Don't worry unnie, I'm sure they're selling some at the store below."

 

"But you just went down. I'll just do it." She proposed to which I immediately rebutted.

 

"No. I'll do it. Wait for me, okay?" Then she smiled.

 

"Okay."

 

It's really not a difficult task to do. In fact it was also easy. Just a little tiring since the elevator is facing some technical problems. So I have no other choice but to use the stairs and to take 15 floors. 

 

And fate is really playing with me. Because after our problem with the lighter, another one came. And another and another and another. But I just did all of it without complaining because it's Bae Joohyun who asked me. The time when I came ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter