Chapter 7

Gayageum and Guitar

Backstage, Joon Hee has his arms around Gyu Won. "Wow unni! That was amazing! You're a really good singer, you even got the rap bit." He said hopping around with Gyu Won in his arms. Gyu Won laughed, "You really think so?" 

"Of course!" Junha said lightly punching her on the arm.

"You were okay." Shin said walking up to them.

"Yah! Where were you?" All three of them yelled at the same time.

"I had to babysit my sister." Shin said defensively. "Gosh, everything turned out okay, didn't it?"

"Dude. If you're not going to take this seriously..." Junha said slowly.

"Gosh, okay. I couldn't ditch my little sister. Family is important to me! Can't you understand that?" Gyu Won froze momentarily before reaching out to grab Junha's arm. 

"It's alright. It doesn't matter. It won't happen again, so let's just move on." No one noticed as Gyu Won frowned as she thought how she didn't have a normal family. No sister to take care of. No mother to reassure and do favors for. Only a cranky grandfather and a father who never bothered to show up. Gyu Won snapped back to reality when she was tapped on the shoulder. She whirled around. It was a man, around 30 years old, goodlooking.

"I saw your performance. You're very good. I'm Kim Suk Hyun, the director for the 100th anniversary performance. I really want you to auditon. You have a very good chance of getting the lead role." He said sincerely, hands in his coat pockets.

"Sure. I'll think about it." Gyu Won said nonchalantly. 

"It's not as though someone like you can get the lead role." Shin said, smirking. Damnit. Stupid stupid stupid. Why did he say that. Now she was going to hate him. And most likely beat him up. Instead, Gyu Won looked him up and down coldly with a look that clearly said this-bastard-thinks-he's-so-great-I'll-show-him. She turned to Suk Hyun and smiled.

"I'm almost certain I'll audition. I'm sure the Stupid will audition as well, but I'll audition separately for a role." Gyu Won said calmly. "Now if you don't mind me, I'll be leaving now. Goodbye Director, Joon Hee, Junha." All three men shook their heads. The formidable force that is Lee Gyu Won. Lee Shin said and did nothing. She just ignored him. He supposed he deserved that. 

Suk Hyun left, "Well, goodbye. Be sure to audition. Even though I think Gyu Won just made that decision for you."

After he had left, Joon Hee glared at Lee Shin. "That wasn't very nice hyung. You shouldn't say those kinds of things to unni. Otherwise she'll hate you. And I'll hate you too." 

"What, so you like her?" Junha said jokingly.

"YES! Of course I do. She's pretty, nice, and an amazing singer, guitarist, and dancer. What's not to like about unni?" Joon Hee said quickly and angrily.

Lee Shin didn't know why it hurt to hear Joon Hee say that.

 

+~~~+

 

The rest of the week passed quickly. There was a quick disagreement among the band, when some of the audience started to insist that Gyu Won become the lead singer. This caused things to become awkward in the band for a while. In the end, they decided that the best thing to do was to compromise and have Gyu Won sing some sets, but keep the majority of it to Shin. Some people argued that Gyu Won was a better guitarist than Shin. The band decided not to comment on that.

A few nights after Gyu Won's "debut" as a singer as it were. Junha remembered something. "Hey, didn't you say you didn't know those songs? And you just listened to them on my iPod? How could you come up with the guitar part just after that?" Gyu Won shrugged. 

"I can learn a song just from listening once. It's not a big deal." Everyone else just let it go. But quietly they were impressed. This girl had serious talent. Shin respected her. She had a lot of ability, but she kept everything quiet. She had her reasons, but he was curious. He blamed all of his thoughts of Gyu Won on curiousity. That was all it was. Honestly.

 

+~~~+

 

This chappie wasn't much

Just a little development in relationships

And introduction of Kim Suk Hyun

Tell me opinions, am I going too slowly?