Chapter 13

Gayageum and Guitar

 

Chapter 13

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Shin groaned and rolled over to turn the alarm off. Sitting up slowly, he ran a hand through his bed-head hair and yawned. Grabbing his phone, he checked the screen and saw that he had one message. From Gyu Won.

To: Shinnie my slave ^^

From: Gyu Won

Hey my slave. I need you to get me a cappuccino please. Not like you can refuse kekeke. See you later! Bring my coffee! <3

Shin sighed. She had better pay him back for the coffee. At least she wasn’t making him do anything too stupid like going to class in her place for her or something. Or anything scary like the fangirls would. Shin shuddered at the thought.

 Quicly pulling on a decent t-shirt, he grabbed some breakfast, said a quick goodbye to his mother, grabbed his bike, and rode off. He stopped at a small coffee shop near the campus and got into the short line in front of the counter.

Suddenly, someone spoke. “Shin-a.” Shin turned to see Director Kim standing behind him. He nodded in acknowledgment as the director began to talk again. “You and The Stupid are going to audition for the 100th year performance, right? And Gyu Won will be auditioning by herself as well?”

Shin shook his head. “I think Gyu Won should stay with the band.” With me, he added in his head, away from those ruthless theater types. Director Kim responded vehemently.

“No! This is a good opportunity for Gyu Won. And she has already decided that she will perform and not just with the band.” Shin glanced at him. He probably coerced her into it somehow. That was just the type of person the director was. Regardless, if Gyu Won had already made up her mind, then there was no way for him to stop her.

Nevertheless, he didn’t really like the Director. He turned away and approached the counter. Again Kim Suk Hyun spoke up. “Don’t worry, I’ll buy it for you.” Before Shin could open his mouth to protest, he had pulled out his wallet and turned to Shin to ask for his order. Shin couldn’t complain. He’d have to make sure that he told Gyu Won he didn’t need her to pay him back.

 

+~~~+

 

 

Shin approached Gyu Won with the warm cappuccino in his hand. As soon as he left the coffee shop, he had sent a short text to Gyu Won asking where she was. She didn't reply, and he had taken a few minutes to look for her before spotting her sitting on the roof of one of the buildings. He was irritated slightly by this. But what did it matter to him? If she wanted her coffee to cool down while he wasted her time looking for her, who was he to complain or question?

But he did have to admit, she looked beautiful sitting there contemplatively, with a tranquil smile gracing her features. She was calm and reserved, and Shin's heart fluttered a little when she turned to face him and her face lit up in a wide grin.

Of course, the smile wasn't for him.

"My coffee!~~~" Shin sighed and shook his head. Only Gyu Won. Immediately she snatched the coffee from his grip and took a deep breath, inhaling its caffeinated scent. She reached for her wallet, but Shin shook his head.

"Director Kim paid for it." She frowned.

"Oh," she glanced at him. "He didn't bother you, did he?" Shin smiled.

"No. He didn't."

They fell into a companionable silence and looked over the students walking and talking on the ground below. It was peaceful. It was quiet. They watched with a detachment similar to the singing birds that perched in the trees. Gyu Won shattered the silence as she suddenly spoke.

"I need to head to class. See you later." She turned and walked away, daintily sipping at her coffee.

Shin remained. Standing alone among the birds and the ivy.

 

+~~~+

 

That day, at lunch the band sat together, and Junha was laughing at Shin for losing. "I still can't believe you still lost even though Gyu Won snapped a string. But, I have to admit, you two are almost perfectly matched in ability. It just goes to show how big her fanbase is." He shot a glance over at Gyu Won. "It's not fair. How do all the girls love you, a girl, and not love me? I'm a perfectly handsome and cool man!"

Gyu Won snorted. "Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Now, don't mind me. I'm going to go greet my adoring fans. See ya!"

Junha shook his head. "She's getting too famous for us. Even now, people are starting to call The Stupid her band." He sighed before continuing. "Now that her fame has exploded, she'll never accept the feelings of a nobody like me. And I was so in love." He sighed dramatically and pouted before he noticed Joon Hee and Shin glaring at him evilly.

He knew Joon Hee had feelings for Gyu Won after his confession, but what about Shin? He had never shown such interest in a girl. And he doubted he was being protective of her just as a bandmate and friend. 

He glanced at Shin suspiciously before throwing up his hands in defeat. "Woah! Just joking! No need to go all I'm-going-to-kill-you on me. I mean, we are friends here, right?"

The hostility from the other two made him suspect that that statement wasn't exactly true when it came to matters of Gyu Won.

 

+~~~+

 

Gyu Won smiled and laughed as she was surrounded by a horde of fangirls. She took photos, posed with fans, and signed autographs, until most of the female fans were satisfied.

And that left her alone with the boys. They chattered and fawned over her. They complimented her and showered her with gifts. At first she felt flattered. Until they became more insistent. They began to demand more. A hug, a kiss, a date, a night together, a promise of marriage. They began to grab at her. And she panicked.

"Shin!" She shouted over the crowd of lovestruck boys.

His head shot up and he slowly walked over, observing. "What?"

"Uh, I don't know, help me?!?!" She shouted, clearly exasperated. Shrugging, Shin dove into the mass of males and grabbed Gyu Won by the wrist. As he wrenched her away from the boys, they became enraged and gave chase. He had no choice but to make a run for it with Gyu Won in tow.

They dashed through the halls with the mob on their heels, when Shin quickly turned into a dark hallway. They stood there panting as the horde thundered past, but then Shin realized just how close they were.

Her wrist was still clenched in his fist, and she was pressed up against him with her other hand resting on his chest. And her lips were absolutely kissable and so close to his...

Without even really realizing it, his head ducked and his lips moved closer and closer to hers...

 

+~~~+

 

Ok. So, for some weird reason this chapter got deleted. So I'm reposting it. 

Uh. In case you didn't notice my new fic, here's the gist of my problems right now.

I got myself grounded, and got my iPod taken away. Now, my iPod was where I was doing ALL of my writing for Chapter 14. It's also where I drafted my outline for the series. Because I like to chapters during study hall at school. 

But, I did get my iPod back just for spring break, so I will be posting Chapter 14 within two or three days.

And I also have the first chapter of a NU'EST fic up and going: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/170813

So go look at that.

 

But I'm also working on that on my iPod gahhhh.

So after spring break, don't expect updates for another 3 weeks. But I do have a BoF fic, that I will be working on intermittently until that time is over: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/165051/welcome-to-the-g4-bof-boysoverflowers-goohyesun-kimbum-kimhyunjoong-leeminho-kimjoon

 

I'm putting more effort into my fics now, so if it takes me longer to update, so be it.

Remember to comment and subscribe.

Saranghae yeoreobun <3