Chapter 10

Gayageum and Guitar

 

Wait, what?

 

Gyu Won did a double take and looked at Joon Hee. Oh god no. She did not need this right now. Unlike other girls, she was not completely clueless to guys and had noticed that Joon Hee liked her, but she didn’t want to cause issues in the band. So she stayed quiet.

 

Well, this was awkward. Gyu Won looked down for a second.

 

Shin was jealous. Why? Why why why? He didn’t know. It was not like he liked her or anything. Not really. He looked away.

 

Gyu Won glanced back at Joon Hee. She frowned. “I know you like me, Joon Hee. But I don’t really like you that way.” She shook her head. “I’m really sorry.”

 

Joon Hee’s face fell and he looked almost close to tears. “…You knew I liked you? And you really… don’t like me at all…?” His face scrunched up and he put his head down.

 

Gyu Won felt awful. She didn’t want to break Joon Hee’s heart. But she couldn’t just lead him on either, that would probably be worse. But… She had to do something. “Joon Hee… If you really want, I can go on a date with you. But you just have to know that I don’t like you. I just… I don’t want to hurt you Joon Hee, but I can’t lie about my feelings.” Gyu Won wrapped her arms around his shoulders. “I’m so sorry. Let’s still be friends okay.”

 

Joon Hee smiled weakly and said, “Okay, unni. But I’ll never stop trying. I hope one day you’ll feel the same way. I’ll always like you. Saranghae unni.” He stuck his chin on her shoulder and leaned his head forward over her back.

 

Shin glanced towards them and ignored the triumphant feeling that Gyu Won didn’t like Joon Hee.

 

+~~~+

 

Gyu Won was practicing after school. Again. She had no idea how she even had any time anymore. She cleared her mind and went through her routine sharply, improvising slightly for the dance solo. She had been made the head of PERFECT after the unni who started it decided to leave suddenly. Gyu Won wasn’t particularly nervous or anything, but it was a lot more pressure. The dance contest was coming up soon. In about a week. They were having rehearsals three times a week, even though their routine was flawless.

 

There was a performance a little while ago at school. They had done a small sampler of their repertoire, excluding Paradise. They wanted to keep that fresh for the contest.

 

Gyu Won had somehow made a good impression on Director Kim Suk Hyun. She was now his protégée. In fact…

As she finished she heard slow applause from behind her. She whirled around and smirked lightly at Director Kim. “Enjoy?”

 

He laughed. “Sure. Flatter yourself. But you have talent, just like a certain Proffesor Jung… But I think that you might have more ability than even her. Plus you can sing. And your stage presence is amazing.”

 

Gyu Won shook her head. “Enough with the flattery. You want me to audition for the female lead. And act in the play. Apart from The Stupid.” She lifted her head. She saw right through the Director.

 

He smiled knowingly. “You’re sharp.” He reached over and tussled her hair. Gyu Won laughed and pouted. “Just do it. You have a chance of becoming really famous one day.”

 

Gyu Won shook her head. “Whatever. Thanks for the attention. I seem to have attracted the resident witch. She thinks I’m competition. That Han Hee Joo. She really is crazy.”

 

Suk Hyun shook his head and began to walk away. “Auditions are coming up and I want to see you there. Audition separate from the Stupid as well, you got that?”

 

Gyu Won shook her head. Weird guy.

 

+~~~+

 

Okay so I haven’t updated for a while.

 

I had 4 tests last week.

 

That was fun.

 

And I auditioned for all-state yesterday…

 

I hope I get in!

 

Thanks for the support.

 

And be sure to comment and subscribe!!!