Chapter 5

Gayageum and Guitar

Lee Gyu Won was flying high. She had made it into the band. Joon Hee was sitting next to her, hungrily shoveling meat into his mouth. "Wow!" Gyu Won laughed, "Hungry much?"

"Yeeees... Very much!" Joon Hee said, swallowing quickly. "Don't worry unni, Shin hyung will pay for everything won't you hyung?" Shin only grunted in response, grabbing a beer from the table. 

"Nuh-uh." Junha said. "No alchohol. For any of you. That'll only cause chaos." Shin frowned at him, but put the drink down. Gyu Won frowned and moved the drinks away.

"Oh my god!" Gyu Won exclaimed. "Look at the time!" She rushed away. "I'll see you guys later, bye!"

"Oh... Unni..." Joon Hee said slightly sadly. "Goodbye! See you tomorrow!"

Junha muttered, "Don't you think someone should go with her?" Shin sighed.

"Fine, I'll go." He walked out after her.

 

+~~~+

 

Gyu Won groaned as she sank into the bench at the bus stop. She rubbed the back of her neck and sighed. Maybe she had just a little too much to deal with right now. She leaned back and closed her eyes. She could rest for just a moment.

After a few minutes, she noticed someone sit next to each other. She opened one eye and was shocked to see Lee Shin sitting next to each other. He slowly turned and stared at her. She slowly sat up. "Hey," she said quietly.

Shin didn't respond but just stared ahead. "Give me your guitar." 

"What?" 

Shin turned to Gyu Won. "Give me one of your guitars. I'll carry it for you." Gyu Won hesitated, but handed over her acoustic. Shin held it lightly, leaning it against the ground. 

"Why did you join the traditional music department?" Shin questioned. "When you're so talented at guitar..."

"My grandfather," Gyu Won began, "is a famous traditional musician. After..... family issues, he was given custody of me. He always wanted an heir in traditional music, and so I had to do the gayageum. But, I learned guitar in secret. That, tonight, was my first time performing in front of anyone. It was a dream come true for me." 

Shin nodded, not wanting to prod any further into her personal life. They didn't talk any more. Shin sat a few seats away on the bus, and saw her to her front gate. 

Gyu Won smiled, maybe Shin wasn't that bad, she thought as she peeked out of the gate at Shin casually walking away.

 

+~~~+

 

Pretty short, hope you enjoy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING