Red

Allow Me To Show You

“Shouldn’t I be banned from all of this?”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he placed the last of the paper bag on the relatively full table. “And make me finish all of this when it was bought specially for you? What am I, a human trashcan?” he joked as he took a seat by the bed.

Yoongi still eyed the full table sceptically, drawing out a sigh from the maknae, but he understood why the older was hesitant. Arranged neatly in the multiple paper bags were various foods and delicacies also known as non-hospital foods. From steaming rice to multiple side dishes and Yoongi’s favourite. Jungkook watched as he opened one of the food containers and chuckled when Yoongi’s eyes visibly light up at the sight of the meat, albeit still hesitant.

Jungkook caught on to it and proceed to grab a pair of chopsticks from the pile before picking up a piece of meat. He prodded it towards the older and  teased, “Come on, hyung. Do I have to feed you like a little kid? Open wide~”

Yoongi rolled his eyes in mock retaliation but complied anyway, accepting the meat. “You sure I can eat all of this?” Yoongi paused when he saw the mischievous glint in the youngster’s eyes. “Jungkook?” No answer. “Had you at least asked the manager?”

The younger just shrugged, not giving a definite answer. The truth was the manager was out of the loop on this plan. Of course, they had a pretty good reason to go behind their back. Jin was worried he would hate the hospital food so he took it upon himself to get some healthy take-aways and entrusted the maknae to bring it all into the blonde-haired man’s ward room.

Although, he’d be lying if he said he hadn't pulled some string to make him think that way.

“Well?” Jungkook snapped out of his reverie to see Yoongi staring expectantly at him, a pair of chopstick in hand. “I can’t finish this all by myself.”

“What about the others?”

Yoongi shrugged. “They can have the cafeteria food.” Jungkook laughed at that before joining in on the feast. They engaged in multiple conversations and laughter and that made his heart ache. It reminded him of when the other man would mess around with him or the others and vice versa back at the dorm. It almost felt normal.

“The sky looks really nice,” Yoongi commented out of the blue, breaking the comfortable silence from before. Jungkook sent a questioning glance at the older before following his line of sight out the window.

He couldn’t disagree, not when the sky was a beautiful mix of red, orange and pink. He couldn’t remember the last time he had seen the sky so red since the anime he had watched days before.

“It’s beautiful,” he murmured in agreement, getting a hum in return.

“I can’t remember the last time I actually stop doing something and look around,” Yoongi started, shifting in his bed to find a comfortable position. He ended up pulling his legs to his chest and rested his chin on his knees. It made him look almost... vulnerable. “We’ve always been busy on the road, moving from one place to another. Then, if we’re not on the move, we’ll be in the studio getting ready for our next comeback, or recording.”

“We’re on high demand,” Jungkook offered weakly, not liking the look on his hyung’s face and where the conversation was heading. “I don’t think the others had seen the sky today. Even I wouldn’t have looked up to the sky if you hadn’t said anything.”

“You still have a long life ahead of you, Kookie.”

“You do too.”

They stared at each other for a while before Yoongi shifted his eyes back out the window. “All I’m saying is that it took me to end up here to finally really appreciate what I took for granted.” There was a sad, almost longing, look in his eyes as a small smile tug on his lips. “I feel like it’s both a curse and a blessing,” he finally concluded, eyes never leaving the fading red sky.

That hit a little too close to home. Before he knew it, he was standing, sending his chair toppling to the ground and catching Yoongi’s attention.

“Don’t say that!”

“What?”

Don’t say it like you’re going to die!” he blurted out, fear consuming him. “Because you’re not. You can’t.”

Yoongi’s brow furrowed in confusion. “Kookie,” he started slowly, eyes never leaving his. “What are you talking about?”

It was a little late for him to go back on his words, not when the cat was pretty much out of the bag, but it was a good time than any to start getting answers. Answers he could ask while the others were still out.

“I heard the manager talking about it with Namjoon in the corridor,” he finally said. “About you, about all this.”

A long pause. Then,

“I told him to talk somewhere more private.”

His mouth fell open is disbelief at the man on the bed, eyes evading his. “What?”

“You weren’t supposed to know about it. Not yet, at least.”

“What’s wrong about now?” he demanded, not caring if the man in front of him was older than him or if anyone outside could hear him. “Why can’t you tell me now?”

Yoongi made a move to get off his bed, to get away, but Jungkook grabbed his arm firmly. He ignored the heated glare that was boring holes into his head. They were not finished.

“Just drop it, Jungkook.”

“Why won’t you tell us, hyung? Why won’t you tell me?”

“Jungkook.”

“Just tell me why!”

“Because I might die and leave all of you behind and I don’t want that!”

The air was tense, none of them moving away or towards each other. Both were breathing hard, albeit for different reasons. What happened to eating meat and fun conversation? What happened to his original plan?

Jungkook opened his mouth to say something but froze when a silent ‘What?’ sliced through the thick atmosphere. Slowly, he turned around and to his horror and probably Yoongi’s, standing at the entrance of the doorway were the other members. Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jimin, Namjoon; all of them were staring at them, specifically Yoongi, in shock except for Namjoon who chose to stare holes into his head instead.

When no one answered, Jin stepped forward and asked again, “What?”

Jungkook visibly gulped and turned to Yoongi who had his head cast down and hands balled into a fist. Well, there goes his plan flying out the window.

Word Count: 1108

===============================================================================================================================================

Hey guys!

So, I kept my promise and I present to you the first official chapter of AMTSY. Sorry if it's a little late but I've been having serious writer's block for this chapter. Even the end result was different from the original plot I planned but I think it turned out good. A bit of angst (sorta) at the end but I'm okay with it. I promise the other chapters would be different from this. But would it be for the best or the worst? That's the real question.

I won't be able to update again this month, so hopefully I get to see some of you again in December.

Until then, thanks for reading and spread the love.

~BookWorm61 (: