= White

Allow Me To Show You

White.

Yoongi’s favourite colour.

The sun was shining bright that day, no clouds in the clear blue sky. It would have been a great day for a walk in the park or a drive to the beach. A day out with some friends would have been nice too but for Jungkook, it felt like the world was mocking him.

“Hey, you okay?”

Jungkook looked up to see Hoseok looking at him with worry, a look that has become a regular presence that day. Jungkook looked behind the man to see the others a few feet away from them; all wearing the same black suits and worried look.

Jungkook mustered a small smile to reassure the dancer. “I’m fine. Is it my turn yet?”

Hoseok nodded, motioning towards his left. “You’re the last one.”

Jungkook’s heart felt heavier and heavier as he got closer. The urge to just turn around and flee was so strong, he was worried he might just give in but he couldn’t. He couldn’t because it might be the last time for him. When he spotted him, his legs almost gave way, sheer will the only thing holding him together.

Lying peacefully in the casket was his dear hyung, all dressed in white, looking almost ethereal. Jungkook would’ve thought he was just sleeping if not for the blue tinge on his lips, body stiff as a board. Min Yoongi died peacefully in his sleep, a smile on his face, when the colours of nature had just bloomed in the parks and fields, giving a new breath of life to the Earth after the cold harsh winter.

Looking at him now, it felt unreal for Jungkook, as if all of this was just a dream, a really bad dream. Unfortunately, this was reality. Yoongi was now gone. BTS now only have six members and Jungkook now only has five members to be called his hyung.

“It’s going to be hard,” Jungkook started, eyes tracing the body in the casket. “To move on from you. We might forgive, but we would never forget. The good, the bad; we’ll always have you in our thoughts.” A butterfly, silver and blue, suddenly landed on the casket, just above where his once beating heart was. Jungkook couldn’t help but smile. “I know you’ll look after us up there, you always were. And we’ll make you proud here. We promise to show the world what we’re made of.”

I love you, hyung.

*~*~*~*~*

“Jin hyung, what’re you doing?”

Jungkook looked up from his game to watch Taehyung leaning over Jin on the floor. Upon further observation, he noticed bits and pieces of paper scattered around the older. Even the other members stopped whatever they were doing to stare at the oldest member in curiosity.

Jin was smiling sheepishly as he showed them what had his attention for quite a while now. It was a photo album but not just any photo album. Jungkook felt a prick in his heart when he caught a picture of Yoongi mid-laughing tucked in one of the pages.

“I was thinking, since Yoongi’s birthday is coming up and we have loads of picture of him, we could each make a memorial book dedicated to him. It might also help us in moving on, so it’s a plus.”

It was quiet for a while before Jimin held out a hand. “Give me an album, hyung.”

That was how they spent the night, going through the pictures, laughing and tearing up at some of the memories, and just letting go for a night. That night, it was just them and the memories they had of/with Min Yoongi.

Jungkook was just about finished with his album when Taehyung appeared beside him. He had already finished his a few minutes ago, cramming as much picture as he could in his album, and was looking at the other’s album as well.

“Hey, why’d you put a blank piece of paper on the last page?” Taehyung asked in his loud voice, attracting the other’s attention.

Jungkook hesitated, not sure if he wanted to share the secret information but it was only his hyungs. “The album is pretty much on how we view Yoongi hyung, right? So, to me, white represents Yoongi.”

“Because he likes white?”

Jungkook shook his head at Jimin’s attempted guess. “It’s not just that.”

“Then what is it?”

Jungkook rubbed his hand together nervously. “White isn’t just a colour, its light and that’s what he is. He always says he’s not that important but he never really realized how many lives he had changed with his music, his story. And light isn’t made from just one colour; it’s made from all the colours of the rainbow, just like Yoongi hyung. He has the strong will of the red, the warmth of the orange, the creativity of the yellow, the harmony of green, peace of the blue, the devotion of the indigo and the individuality of a violet.” Looking at the other members, he finally showed a sincere smile. “He’s practically a rainbow that had graced us with his presence.”

Namjoon smiled from his spot at the kitchen table. “You’re right. He is a rainbow even if he doesn’t seem like it sometimes.”

Looking at everyone’s photo album made Jungkook realized something. All those time when Jungkook tried to show Yoongi the colours of life, it was him who showed him the true meaning of those colours. Looking up at the night sky, the full moon hanging high in the sky, he could almost imagine the sarcastic smile on the baby face as he watched over them.

“Thanks for shining down on us, hyung.” The wind caressing his hair was the only reply he got.

Word Count: 952

=======================================================================================================================

Hey guys.

So, this is the end for AMTSY. This book has been quite a journey for me and hopefully for you guys too. Thanks for sticking with me till the end of this book, endless thank you for those who subscribed to this story. It means a lot to me to see some people enjoy my story enough to subscribe to it because I'm still far from being a great author. I still have a lot to learn but you guys give me the strength to continue getting better and better.

So, for the final time, I hope you had enjoyed the journey of AMTSY and have a good day/night/whatever!

~BookWorm61 :'D