Green

Allow Me To Show You

“Are we ready?”

“Yeah. Everyone knows the plan, right?”

“I don’t know guys; don’t you think it’s too risky?”

“Don’t worry, hyung. It’s for his own good.”

“What about our good?”

“Whatever, operation starts now!”

Jungkook and Jimin barged through the door, catching the attention of the sole occupant of the room. Yoongi raised an eyebrow when his eyes landed on the wheelchair they had brought along with them.

“What are you guys planning?”

Both boys didn’t provide any answer, instead pulling the older off the bed and pushing him into the bathroom. Jungkook soon followed with a duffle bag in his hands. As he ruffled through the bag, he spared a quick glance towards the older. “You’ve already had your morning check up, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Good.” He unceremoniously dumped a bunch of clothing articles on him. “Change into these and then come out.” Without waiting for a reply, he stepped out of the bathroom to give him some privacy. Five minutes later, when Yoongi stepped out into the room, Jimin and Jungkook shared a look before erupting into laughter.

“You look ridiculous, hyung!” Jimin cackled, tears forming in his eyes from laughing too hard. Yoongi just grumbled. Dressed in a large red flannel shirt, baggy pants and a large scarf, his looks were made more ludicrous by the large fedora perched on his head to hide his conspicuous hair.

“Yeah, yeah. Just get on with it. Why am I wearing this?”

Jungkook couldn’t shake the grin away as he all but pushed the older into the wheelchair. “The story is you’re an old man-”

“Obviously.”

“And we’re helping take you for a walk because we’re nice people.”

“What?”

“We’re kidnapping you, idiot,” Jimin retorted from his spot by the bed with a big grin. Yoongi was about to give him a piece of his mind but Jungkook shushed him. “We don’t have all day.” That was how five minutes later, Jungkook was trying to act as casual as possible as he pushed Yoongi in the wheelchair while Jimin walked ahead to scope the perimeter.

They stopped when they reached their first obstacle: the front desk. Jungkook took a peek around the corner to see Jin and Taehyung talking and distracting a pissed-looking Head Nurse.

“Of course Big Mama had to manage the front desk,” he grumbled, barely missing the chuckle that escaped the kidnapping victim.

“She always manages the desk every Sunday.”

Jungkook and Jimin stared at the nonchalant boy incredulously. “You could’ve told us earlier!” If they had known earlier, they could’ve chosen another day and save them the trouble of sneaking past the lady. Jungkook took a glance at the elevator. It was deserted, save for a few visitors lounging around. He bit his lips as he reconsidered his options. Jimin must’ve understood his facial expression, letting out a nervous chuckle.

“You sure?”

Jungkook took another glance at the distance between them and the elevator. ‘Not really,’ he thought. Instead, he went with, “We don’t really have much option.” He then turned to the man in the wheelchair. “What do you think, hyung?”

Yoongi just spared them an indifferent look before snuggling back into the wheelchair. “I’m a kidnapping victim. I don’t have and don’t want to give an opinion.”

“Really, hyung?”

“Hey, I never agreed to any of this. I’m the innocent party here.”

“Innocent my .”

Beside a stink eye sent to the youngsters, Yoongi stood his ground, leaving the two remaining boys to hope their luck haven’t run out. Suddenly, Jungkook pulled out his phone from his pocket and started typing rapidly. Jimin, who was watching him the whole time, asked, “What’re you doing?”

Jungkook didn’t answer. Instead, he shifted his focus on one of the two boys near the front desk. Jin was staring at him with a disbelief look, phone in his hand, but Jungkook just waved his hand at him to get on with it. It took another second before Jin pulled Taehyung to the side and whispered into his ears. The slight nod from the two was the only signal he needed before he was turning the wheelchair to face the elevator.

“When you hear Big Mama scream, get to the elevator as fast as you can.”

“What? Why?”

“You’ll see.”

As if on cue, a loud shriek rang like an alarm from the direction of the front desk. Jimin, Jungkook and Yoongi snapped their heads to the right to find an amusing sight. Taehyung was pulling and spinning a helpless old lady in an unknown beat in the limited space in front of the desk, deep voice rose to rival the other’s.

“What in the world do you think you’re doing?!”

“We’re trying to be comfortable with each other. Tango!”

Jungkook would have laughed out loud if they weren’t in a dangerous situation. Grabbing the handle of the wheelchair, he all but ran towards the elevator with Jimin a step in front of him and Jin covering (not really) for them.

“Press the button!”

“I am!”

“Press it more!”

“You guys really didn’t think this through, did you?”

“Shut up, you’re not helping!”

Jungkook was sweating as he impatiently waited for the elevator to come. They were so close, so close, victory a grasp away. They just needed to get into the elevator, not get spotted by the scary Head Nurse and go to the park across the street. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Jungkook almost sighed in relief when the elevator arrived.

Keyword: almost, because when the door opened, they came face to face with their manager, Hoseok and Namjoon. Jungkook internally cursed their luck as he tried to keep the grimace off his face.

“But hyung, I think I left my phone in the backseat again.”

“Namjoon, we’ve been going back and forth to the van 10 times already. You can pick up your phone after this. And no, Hobi, we can’t stop by another shop to buy presents for Yoongi. Ten bars of chocolates and two dozen balloons are more than enough for a visit.”

Their manager was the first to notice the trio. “Hey guys, what’re you doing here?” Jimin and Jungkook practically held their breath as the elder’s eyes landed on the man on the wheelchair. “Who’s this?”

Jungkook just stared as his mouth opened and closed, voice failing him. The other members were just as lost as him, all stumped from making any excuses. This was it, they failed. They would have to bring Yoongi back to his room, doomed to never breathe the fresh air again. They went through all the trouble to achieve nothing. They failed him. He failed him.

Too busy wallowing in his loss, he was surprised when a rough scratchy voice spoke up, “I’m sorry but they were just trying to be nice and accompanying me to the park. I hope that’s okay?” Jungkook was rendered speechless as Yoongi finished talking. The manager, on the other hand, nod his head in understanding, albeit a little sceptical.

“Well, don’t be too long, we still have to get back for dance practise later.”

Jungkook was still frozen when Jimin took over, pushing both the maknae and the wheelchair into the awaiting elevator before bidding the three of them goodbye. “We’ll be quick, hyung.” Just as the doors were about to close, he added,” Oh, and Taehyung is antagonizing the Head Nurse again.”

“What?!”

The doors finally sealed shut and started it’s descend to the ground floor. It was quiet as they let what happened sink in properly. Jungkook let out a breathless laughter, disbelief written all over his face. “I can’t believe we escaped that.”

Jimin could only nod in agreement. “That was too close.” He then turned to their miracle maker who was smiling with mirth behind the cotton scarf. “I thought you didn’t want to help us?”

Yoongi shrugged. “It would’ve been a waste when we’ve already gotten this far. I’m surprised we even made past Nurse Kim. Besides, I could use some fresh air.” Then, he turned his head to stare straight at Jungkook. He knew that look. And I know it’s part of your plan too.

They arrived at the park with no other hitch, just smiles and laughter and enjoying the limited time they had outdoor before anyone realized what actually happened. Jungkook knew there would be hell to pay once they get back but seeing the precious smile on his hyung’s face made it all worth it.

“I’m going to wash my hand,” Jimin broke the silence, getting up from the ground and dusting off the non-existent dusts and grass. “And then we should probably get back. We stuck long enough.” The two nod and soon fell back into the silence. This time, it didn’t last very long.

“Why are you doing this?”

Jungkook glanced up at Yoongi, the older still in the wheelchair, before busying his hands with plucking the grass around him. “Doing what? The kidnapping or the other stuff?”

Yoongi shrugged. “Everything. Why go through all the trouble just for me?”

“Because I like seeing you smile,” he replied almost immediately. He didn’t need time to think of an answer, he already knew. For extra measure, he added, “And we don’t mind spoiling you once and awhile.”

He knew Yoongi still had more questions and Jungkook had more pent up feelings waiting to burst but before either of them could voice it all out, a loud shout caught their attention.

“JEON JUNGKOOK! PARK JIMIN! MIN YOONGI!”

Jungkook paled when he saw a fuming manager marching towards them. He was so dead.

Word Count: 1600

=======================================================================================================================

Hey guys.

So, I know this chapter is waaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue but life happened and I lost someone I hold dearly. And after that, I was computer-free for almost two weeks and I just got ahold of one now long enough to upload.

Since the Barcode writing competition is coming to an end really really soon, I'm going to post all the remaining chapters by tomorrow. So look forward to that and wish me luck.

Again, I'm sorry for leaving you guys hanging for so long and thank you to those who is still following this book. I hope to not disappoint you guys too much and hopefully you guys enjoy reading this chapter. I had a hell of a writer's block for this, not because I didn't have any idea but I have too much that I wanted to put in but I'm happy with the outcome. Have a great day/night/whatever everyone!

P/S: Have you seen the new story cover I made? It's simple but it plays a somewhat important role in the story. Have any guesses why?

~BookWorm61 :)