Orange

Allow Me To Show You

“You know you should’ve told us from the beginning, at least we’d be a little more prepared.”

“We were busy with our new comeback and we had to nail down the choreography. On top of that, we had to finalize the photo book and the album. The last thing I need is to add my own problem to the pile.”

“Still, we could’ve helped somehow. You know we would, especially the youngsters.”

“I don’t doubt it. Have you seen them? I can’t go an hour of visiting hours without seeing one of them.”

As if on cue, the door to the room clicked open, revealing a grinning maknae. He walked into the room and took the single chair beside the bed, oblivious to the eye roll from Yoongi and a snicker from Namjoon. That was when he noticed the bag Jungkook was carrying.

“What’s in the bag?” Namjoon asked, motioning his chin towards the direction of the bag.

Yoongi and Jungkook followed his line of sight and the latter smiled, shrugging it off his shoulder. “An apology present,” he said, sparing a glance towards the addressed man. “You know, for letting the secret out.”

The room was silent for a while. He knew the older was purposely dragging it longer than necessary to make him sweat, to which he would never agree verbally was working. He let out a sigh of relief when he finally got a nod from Yoongi, a ghost of a smile perched on his lips.

“I’m expecting a really good apology present.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes but a wide grin was already threatening to break his face into two. He opened the bag painfully slow, trying to pull a reaction from the older but failing, and pulled out the present still in its plastic casing. Upon seeing the present, Namjoon couldn’t hold back his snort.

“That's it?”

“Shut up. He hasn’t been out of his room for days now,” Jungkook was quick to defend himself. “Besides, I want to see if I can beat his again.”

In his hand was a mini basketball play set, fully equipped with a miniature net and three bright orange balls. It was a spur in the moment decision for Jungkook when he spotted it on its display case in front of the shop on his way to visit.

With a of an eyebrow and a challenging smirk, he addressed their basketball legend. “So, ready to lose?”

Yoongi replied with an indifferent shrug but Jungkook caught the amusement dancing in those brown orbs. “Of course not. I am, however, ready to show you who’s the professional here.”

Namjoon volunteered to fill in the shoe of a referee slash score keeper –not like he had a choice in the matter to start with– and helped set the net up on the wall opposite to the bed. (“Don’t break it, that cost me 1000₩!” Jungkook commented playfully. Namjoon slapped the back of his head in retaliation.)

“So,” Namjoon started, standing in front of them. “The rules are you can’t let your leave that bed for whatever reasons except for emergencies. One point will be deducted if you fail to follow the rule. Rule number two: no cheating. Each player gets 10 shots and whoever gets the most shots win. Any question?”

Yoongi answered by throwing a ball to his head.

“Do you want to lose a point, hyung?”

“The rules never said anything against bullying the referee.”

“Touché.” He must’ve caught the mischievous glint in the maknae’s eyes because he was quick to add, “Rule number three: NO bullying anybody, referee and players alike.”

“Aww, you’re no fun, hyung.”

That was how they spent the whole evening, time flying too fast for them to notice, too absorbed in their game. Sometime during their one-on-one match, it somehow turned into a who-can-score-a-point-in-an-absurd-posture game, attracting even Namjoon to ditch his current position to join in the fun.

More than anything, Jungkook was happy to see the big gummy grin on his hyung’s face. ‘At least we’re getting somewhere with this,’ he thought to himself as he wrestled for the ball in Namjoon’s hand.

Of course, good things never last forever. A knock on the door stopped them in their tracks as their attention shifted to the door. A slender woman clad in a nurse uniform peeked her head into the room, a small smile playing on her lips when her eyes landed on the pile of boys on the bed. It was one of the nicer nurse in the facility, the one who always greeted him with a warm smile and turned a blind eye to the food incident last time.

“Sorry to disturb the fun,” she said with a smile, albeit looking a bit apologetic. “But visiting hours’ almost over. Thought I’d give a head’s up before the Head Nurse does.” Jungkook couldn’t stop making a face at that. The Head Nurse was the scariest looking woman he had the pleasure to be acquaintance of. Hair pulled back into a tight bun and neat uniform over a slightly large figure, she almost fits the picture of a strict Head Nurse.

Namjoon was first to react, extracting himself from the pile and guiding the nurse with him out the door. He turned to Jungkook and said, “You have five minutes to clean everything up before we leave.”

Jungkook stared at him, appalled. “But-”

“Five minutes.”

He gave a final salute towards the oldest occupant before the door swung shut and then there were two. The younger of the two grumbled in dissatisfaction but deep -deep- down, he was grateful to the leader figure, knowing that Namjoon was giving them some alone time. Although, he would’ve liked it even more if he hadn’t been left to clean everything up alone.

Jungkook was trying to peel off the net off the wall when Yoongi finally broke the silence.

“I know what you’re doing.”

He froze for a split second but tried to pull it off as nothing, as if that statement didn’t just gave him a mini heart attack. “You’re watching me tidying up your room, of course you know.” When he finally managed to get the hoop off, he turned around to only meet with an intense stare from the other.

“I meant the things you’ve been bringing. The food, now the play set; I know what you’re doing. At least, I think I do."

“Yeah?” he inquired, his calm voice masking the nervousness bubbling inside of him. “And what is that?”

Though, before Yoongi could answer, the room door opened again, this time revealing the scary Head Nurse. Her usual frown seemed more menacing then, a clear sign she was probably in a foul mood.

“Visiting hour’s over, boy,” she stated impatiently, squinted eyes boring holes into his head. “Move or I’ll kick you out myself.”

Jungkook didn’t need to be told twice. He stuffed the remaining toys into his bag and sprinting past the scary old lady, not before sending a hasty goodbye to an amused Yoongi. He almost crashed into Namjoon in his haste to escape. Namjoon gave him a once over before nodding his head.

“Big mama?”

“Scary big mama.”

Word Count: 1201

=======================================================================================================================

What's up, guys!

I'm finally done with my exam. FREEDOM!!! It's been a bit of a torture today since BTS also came out with their new album and mv and I had Biology to remember... T.T BUT, I survived and the mv is awesome if not a bit confusing. (like seriously, who's alive and who's dead?! We're running in circles here!)

Anyway, to celebrate this special day, I present to you a new chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it and sorry for my excessive hyperness. BTS does that to me sometimes.

Since I'm done with my exams and I have a deadline to meet for this story, look forward to getting double updates every two week (because I'll be off for at least two  different weeks this month). I'll try to update the next chapter in a day or two since I have it written on paper (just because my mind likes to comes up with the best ideas during exam periods for some reason) so be sure to look out for that.

Again, thank you for still sticking with me and I really hope you'll enjoy reading it as much as I like writing it. Good day/night/evening/whatever!

BookWorm61 :D