Blue

Allow Me To Show You

“You have about an hour before rehearsal, so don’t wander too far.”

Jungkook let the stylists finish her work on his hair before grabbing his phone and making a dash towards the back of the venue. He knew people rarely go there so it was a perfect place for him to make a private call without having to worry about people eavesdropping on his conversation. The downside of it all was that he had roughly around 45 minutes before someone came looking for him.

He dialled the number he had carved into his brain, knowing it wouldn’t take the other long to pick up the call unless he was in the bathroom. True enough, after three rings, a familiar voice filled his eardrums.

“You still have 10 more days before the restraining order dropped on you is over. Miss me already?”

Jungkook rolled his eyes playfully. “I should be the one asking you that.”

“Nah, I’m good.”

Jungkook didn’t even fight the smile creeping up his face. He opened the door leading to the back of the arena and let the cold autumn wind brush through his hair. It was still mid-autumn but the air was definitely getting colder. He would have to make sure not to stay too long out here and getting sick but for now it was bearable. “What’re you doing, hyung?”

Shuffling was heard from the other line before he answered, “Just lying around, playing games on the phone and being lazy.”

“Hey, you’re allowed to be lazy. The others and I, on the other hand, would be begging to be in your place right now.” He realized too late what he had just said. Yoongi’s ailment had always been a touchy subject, one they had all avoided like a plaque. It’s not exactly a happy conversation to have. Jungkook mentally face palmed himself at his idiocy.  “I meant being lazy. Not, you know....”

“I know.” It was quiet for a while before Yoongi cleared his throat. “Anyway, where are you? I don’t hear any of the others.”

Jungkook internally sighed in relief for the change of conversation. “We have rehearsal in an hour, so I thought I’d pass the time talking you. Besides, the dressing room was too noisy.”

They ended up talking about almost everything, jumping from one conversation to the other. It went on for a while before Yoongi suddenly went silent.

“Hyung?”

“Let’s play a game.”

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrow. “A game?”

“Yeah.” More shuffling was heard from the other line before Yoongi’s voice streamed through the line. “Can you see the sky?” Jungkook’s eyes automatically looked up.

“Yeah, why?”

“Remember that one time we were bored to death and you suddenly said one of the clouds looked like me?”

It took a moment before the memory came back to him that made him laugh. “You said it looked nothing like you but I insisted it was.” He remembered how they ended up spending the rest of the time picking out the clouds that resembles things from their everyday life until the other members joined in too. “Why the trip down memory lane though?”

“I’m bored. Just humour me, would you?” Yoongi deadpanned, pulling a string of laughter out of him. “Anyway, I’ll start first.” A slight pause. “I see a giant duck swimming in the water.”

Jungkook couldn’t hold back the snort. “Seriously, hyung? How’d you know it’s swimming?”

“Because you can’t see its legs.”

“Fair enough.”

“What about you? What do you see?”

Jungkook hummed to himself as he took his time scanning the sky. There weren’t many clouds out that day but he could pick out a few and, with a little imagination, would surely rile the older up.

“I see a rabbit holding up a hammer above its head.”

“Rabbits can’t hold a hammer.”

“Bugs Bunny can.”

“He’s an animated character.”

“Still a rabbit.”

“He’s a bunny.”

“Same family.”

That was how they spent the next fifteen minutes, going through the clouds and using a little bit of imagination with a few jabs to each other on the side.

“Okay, my turn.” Jungkook stared long and hard at the sky until one caught his eyes. “I see a big heart-shaped cloud.” In the middle of the sea of blue sky and a distance away from any of the other clouds was a perfect heart-shaped cloud. “It’s really pretty.”

“Yeah?” Yoongi replied, ending it with a yawn. A stab of guilt made its way to his heart but the older had told him he was fine, nothing to worry about. The problem was Jungkook couldn’t stop worrying even if he tried. Pushing the feeling aside, he focused on Yoongi’s voice. “Describe it for me.”

Jungkook thought long and hard, eyes fixed on the cloud. “It’s not too big nor too small; just the right size. It looks like someone had digitally made it and put it there. It’s also far away from the oth-”

Jungkook froze when the back door suddenly opened. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw it was only Taehyung. He seemed to share the same feeling because his shoulder sagged in relief before bounding towards him.

“Kookie, everyone’s looking for you! It’s almost time for the rehearsal.”

Jungkook was about to answer when Yoongi spoke up from the phone, “Who’s that, Jungkookie?” Taehyung, already standing beside him, visibly brighten up at the familiar voice.

“Is that Yoongi hyung?” Before Jungkook could answer, Taehyung had already snatched the phone away and the loudspeaker. “Yoongi hyung!”

“Tae? Is that you?”

“Hyung, are you feeling okay? Have you eaten yet? When can I see you again? I miss you, do you miss me? There’s no alien kidnapping you, right? Because only we can kidnap you.”

"Woah, slow down, Tae."

Jungkook chuckled as Yoongi was bombarded with rapid questions from Taehyung, leaving no room for him to answer. As much as he would love to see the baffled but fond look from the older, Taehyung mentioned something about rehearsal.

“Yo, Tae.” That got his attention. He motioned towards the door and said, “You said something about rehearsal.”

Taehyung eyes widen. “We’re late. Bye, hyung. Talk to you later,” he directed the last part to the man on the line.

Yoongi’s chuckle vibrated from the phone. “Bye, Tae.”

Jungkook took his phone back and said his own goodbye to the older man. “We should really do this again sometimes.”

“We’ll see. Now go before the others have your head.” They both laughed before Jungkook ended the call. As he got ready for rehearsal, the smile never exactly left his face. The others were curious as to what might have their maknae smiling like an idiot but only Taehyung gave him that knowing smile.

Maybe things are finally looking up for us, Jungkook thought as he took his place. Maybe things are finally getting better.

Maybe.

Word Count: 1150

=======================================================================================================================

Hey guys!

1. So, double update! *throws confetti around* I'm working on the next chapter right now but I'm not sure if I want to post it today or tomorrow. What do you think? Should I update Indigo today or tomorrow?

2. TaeGi..... I was in the midst of writing this chapter when i found a link to their performance of I Need You during the concert. I watched it and...... let's just say my heart felt heavy and tears were threatening to fall down my face. T.T It looked so wrong and I just... I'm praying that they're okay and recovering well because without all of them together, BTS isn't complete and when BTS isn't complete, ARMY would be too. Get Well Soon TaeGi!!! I'm still trying to find any fancam for Let Me Know and Hold Me Tight because I'm that suicidal (not really).

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter and have a good day/night.whatever! Byebye

~BookWorm61 T^T