Indigo

Allow Me To Show You

They had just finished their broadcast when the manager skipped the dressing room and pulled them straight into the van.

“Hyung, what’s going on?” Namjoon asked the manager as the van sped down the highway. Eyes trained on the road, the older delivered the bad news that set a stone in Jungkook’s stomach.

“Something happened at the hospital.”

As the van pulled up into the hospital, Jungkook didn’t wait for the vehicle to fully stop before forcing the door open and dashing into the air conditioned building. He didn’t care about the weird looks he was receiving, he just needed to find his hyung.

He turned left, heading straight for the lifts, the others hot on his heels. Pressing the up button multiple times, he felt the world was mocking him as the lift took its time. Hoseok must’ve seen the desperation in his face because he was soon pulling both him and Jimin towards the emergency stairs.

“We’ll meet you guys upstairs!” was the only thing he hollered before they were zooming up the flight of stairs to the 5th floor.

“I know we’re in a hurry but did you have to drag me along?” Jimin huffed as he tried to keep up. Jungkook and Hoseok ignored him, the former instead taking three steps at a time. “Fine, ignore the lagging friend who’s having a hard time breathing.”

“Oh for the love of god.”Jungkook spared a glance behind to see the older grabbing Jimin’s wrist and proceed to manhandle the young man up the stairs, ignoring the protests coming out of the latter’s mouth. Turning back to him, Hoseok said, “Go first, we’ll catch up later.” Jungkook didn’t need to be told twice before he was zooming up the stairs and reached the 5th floor in record time.

It didn’t take him long to find his room, his other manager and a man in a white coat standing in front of the door. Both of them looked up when he got nearer and it wasn’t hard to see the worried look etched on their faces. It didn’t lessen the anxiety building up in him.

A crash from inside the room made Jungkook turned his head towards the door. On instinct, he ran to the door to make sure his hyung was okay to only find it locked.

“He locked the door. The nurse is trying to find the security guard for the keys.”

Jungkook made one more attempt to open the door to no avail before turning to the two people who might have the slightest of what was happening with burning eyes. “What’s going on? What happened?”They were hesitating, he knew, whether it was a bright idea to tell him but he was having none of it. Not when someone he holds close might be in danger behind the closed door. “Just tell me!”

“Jungkook!” He turned around to see the others arriving. Jin went up to him, eyes scanning him worriedly. “What’s going on?” Another crash inside the room had Jungkook leaning his forehead on the door.

“Hyung, what’s going on?” he heard Jimin asked, fear and worry laced in his voice.

A sigh. “We don’t know. He was fine and still sleeping when I checked in on him this morning. I went to the cafeteria to get some coffee and when I came back, the door was locked and-” Another loud crash. “And he was making those crashes.”

Another unfamiliar voice, presumably the doctor, continued, “I was coming over to start our daily check up when I found him knocking loudly on the door. I had my assistant nurse get the spare key from the head guard.”

“But why?”

“We don’t know.”

When a loud scream, raw and heartbreaking, resonated around them; that was the last straw for Jungkook.

“Hyung! Hyung!” he shouted to the door, hoping his hyung could hear him. He didn’t care if his voice was filled with desperation; he just needed Yoongi to listen to him. He could still hear a few shuffling inside the room and he was not sure if it was a good sign or not. The others were just standing a few feet away, unsure if they should meddle. Nonetheless, he continued on.

“Hyung, it’s okay. Just listen to me, listen to my voice.” The sound of glass shattering almost made Jungkook pull away but he steeled himself. “Hyung, I know you can hear me. Please open the door, hyung, please.”

No response. He knew he had to take a new approach.

“Hyung, let’s think of happy memories. Remember when we talked about the clouds yesterday? I still think mine was the most creative. Bugs Bunny, the flying monkey, and the scary nurse.” When he still didn’t receive any response, he motioned for the other members to help.

“The basketball set, hyung,” Namjoon said, inching closer towards the door with caution. “Remember when you accidentally hit the fan but you still managed to score? I still call bull on that, by the way.”

“And the food we bought for you. You still haven’t told me if you liked it or not. And you didn’t even leave any leftover for us. How could you, Yoongi?”

“Oh, did you see me dancing with the scary nurse, hyung? She was so flustered being spun around before the manager caught us.”

“Don’t forget the sleepover/movie night; we really need to do more of those whenever we can. The popcorn was delicious, by the way. Where did you buy it, Jimin?”

“The convenient store a few blocks away. Yoongi hyung, remember when we kidnapped you and managed an hour at the park? Remember how Jungkook accidentally dropped his ice cream, so you gave him yours and bought a new one for yourself?”

The guys were smiling as they recalled all their memories. Jungkook was too until he heard more shuffling from the room. “Hyung,” he started, eyes starting to burn again. He would never forgive himself if something happened to Yoongi. “Please open the door; we need to see if you’re okay.”

The shuffling got closer before Yoongi’s voice, strained and rough, whispered ever so softly, “Go away, Jungkook.”

Jungkook could only shake his head. “No, hyung. Not until you open this door.”

Silence. Tears pricked his eyes.

“Please, hyung. You’re scaring us. You’re scaring me.” He whispered the last part so that only Yoongi can hear.

Seconds tick by. From the end of the corridor, a nurse was running towards them, a set of keys in her hand but Jungkook wanted his hyung to make that decision first. He has to.

“Hyung?”

The nurse passed the keys to the doctor. The doctor nodded his head in her direction before moving to his side. The other side of the door was still silent.

“Hyung?”

The doctor rested a hand on his shoulder, a silent apology hanging between them. Jungkook finally admit defeat and made a move to join the other members when the familiar sound of the lock clicks open. Time froze for a moment before Jungkook was pushing the doctor aside and barging into the room.

Calling the room a mess was an understatement. It looked as if a tornado had passed through the room, wrecking it to pieces. The bed was overturned, chairs strewn everywhere and glass shards glistening on the floor. Even the tables didn’t go unharmed. However, none of that registered in Jungkook’s head when his eyes landed on the single man standing just to the right of the door. He had his head down while his right hand was busy wringing his bloody left wrist. Jungkook didn’t even hesitate when he ran towards the older and pulled him into a suffocating hug, careful of his injury.

Yoongi was the first to break the silence. “I’m sorry. Reality just caught up to me and... Yeah.”

Jungkook shook his head. He didn’t need his hyung’s apology; he’s just relieved he was okay and alive.

“Never scare us like that again. I thought I lost you.” 

Word Count: 1335

=======================================================================================================================

Hey guys!

So..... This chapter happened. I did warned you guys in Yellow and a (sort of) foreshadow in Blue. But I'll still say sorry for making any of you cry.

Inspiration for this chapter: I was trying to find something for Indigo because there's nothing really indigo in BTS. So I searched up what indigo means when I stumbled upon a site called crystal-cure.com. 

Indigo is the color of the deep midnight sky. It can have a negative effect when used during a depressed state, because it will deepen the mood. Indigo symbolizes a mystical borderland of wisdom, self-mastery and spiritual realization.

So what pretty much happened was Yoongi never really got in terms with his complication, not even in Red when he started talking about his shorter lifespan, so it is in this chapter that it finally came crashing down on him and he just lost it.

Anyway, hopefully you guys enjoyed this chapter and have a good day/night/whatever!

~BookWorm61 :)