Prologue

Allow Me To Show You

No. That can’t be true.

Jungkook stared a second longer at the man on the bed surrounded by the others, his warm smile sending an ache to his heart. He was laughing out loud from something Hoseok said, his eyes crinkling and his mouth stretched into a big grin. It was an almost normal situation for them.

Almost.

“Yah, Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook stumbled out of his stupor when a hard hit was sent to the back of his head. Pouting, he rubbed the sore spot and glared at Jimin, the older sending him a teasing smile. “We’ve been calling you for the past minute. What's the matter?”

He hesitated for a moment before sending them a reassuring smile. “Nothing, just thinking.” Jimin nod his head and dived back into the conversation but he could feel a pair of eyes boring holes into the side of his head.

“When Yoongi gets out of this hospital, he’s paying for dinner. Who’s with me?”

“Yah, I never said anything about paying dinner!”

He let out a relieved sigh, grateful for the distraction.

*~*~*~*~*

When Yoongi came crashing down to the ground in the middle of the concert, Jungkook felt like his heart had suddenly stopped. When Yoongi was placed into the ambulance, his pulse raced. When they were rushed back onto the stage to finish up their last set, he felt numb.

“It was just a fainting spell, nothing too serious,” Namjoon had informed them but even he could hear the doubt in his voice.

*~*~*~*~*

“What do you mean he can’t leave the hospital?”

“That’s exactly what I meant.”

“But you said it was just a fainting spell!”

Jungkook peeked from around the corner, waiting for the words that were about to spill from their manager’s mouth. What was supposed to be a quick trip to the toilet ended up with him eavesdropping on the conversation between the leader and the manager out in the empty corridor.

The manager let out a tired sigh. Then, slowly and hesitantly, he spoke, “We might have to start planning BTS as a 6-piece group.”

Dead silence. Jungkook was stunned and so was Namjoon. He was tempted to march towards them and demand what was going on but Namjoon beat him to it.

“What? Why?”

The next few minutes felt like hours as the manager explained everything to their leader figure. Every word made his stomach twist and turn, every confession sent stabs to his heart. He just had one question.

“Why didn’t he tell us?” Namjoon asked, trying to compose himself but the slight shake in his fisted hand gave away his real emotion; anger and grief.

The older man could only shrug. “He didn’t want to worry you guys. You guys already have enough on your plate as it is.” He continued with a tired tone, “Just don’t tell the others yet.”

A spark of anger flickered inside of him though he wasn’t the only one. “But they deserve to know,” Namjoon argued, voice stiff and body rigid.

“And Yoongi makes the call,” the manager argued back, his voice filled to the brim with authority until Namjoon backed down, eyes casted down to the light blue flooring. As if the fight had left him, the manager let out a defeated sigh. Jungkook had never seen the man so depressed before. “Look, I’m as miserable as you are but we have to respect his decisions. He’s almost like a son to me, all of you are, and it hurts to see him this way and not able to help.”

“How long?”

A pregnant pause.

“They’re not sure. A year? A month? A day?”

He couldn’t take it anymore. Turning around, he briskly walked back to Yoongi’s ward room, the bathroom call past forgotten.

*~*~*~*~*

The door opened and the manager stepped in, reminding them of the end of the visiting hours and they should let Yoongi rest so that he’d recover faster.

Lies.

Nonetheless, they each said their goodbyes and followed the man out of the room. Yoongi sent them off with a smile, a smile that seemed almost fake to him when he knew the truth. The real truth of his situation.

“Hey.” Jungkook looked up to meet a pair of concerned eyes staring at him. “Are you okay? You’ve been a bit quiet in the ward.”

He glanced around the van to see everyone passed out except for the driver, Jin and him. Looking back at the older, he shook his head. “Nope, just tired.”

“Well then, you should rest. We won’t reach the dorm for another 20 minutes.”

He just smiled and closed his eyes, head resting on the head seat. He tried to will himself to sleep but the more he tried, the more his mind drift to Yoongi. He didn’t deserve this. He still had a full life to look out for, more colours of life to explore. So why was this happening to him?

As the van pulled up into the complex, he was determined. He’d do anything to show him the colours of the rainbow life had in store for him before he reached the end. Mark his word.

Word Count: 857

===============================================================================================================================================

Hey guys!

So, I present to you the prologue for my new story. 

I'll try to fit in another chapter or two this month but the other chapters will have to wait till December because I have an important exam in November. Hopefully I can keep to my words and hope some of you will be willing to wait for this story till the end.

Anyway, thanks for reading and have a good day/night!

~BookWorm61 (: