Cupid Business

Boy Next Door

With his head hidden in Seungkwan’s chest, Jeonghan wasn’t sure if the hot tears soaking Seungkwan’s uniform were from disappointment, embarrassment or irritation.

Suddenly, he hears the voice that normally makes him smile, but at the moment just makes him groan as he tries to hide himself further from the world.

“Is everything all right? It’s really busy out there and-Jeonghan?!”

“I don’t wanna talk to him…” Jeonghan mumbles, hoping his best friend can hear him.

“We’ll be out in a moment. I just-it’s better if you stayed out on floor,” Seungkwan voice is soft, clearly feeling bad for the boy who sounds so worried.

“Oh? Okay…” Jeonghan can hear the disappointment in Jisoo’s voice and can imagine him looking between the boys in confusion, his eyes wide and expression dazed.

Jeonghan waits until he hears the door close before he slowly raises his head.

“Do you think he could tell I was crying? Do you think he could tell I was crying over him?”

Jeonghan’s puffy eyes look upon his best friend with hopelessness.

Seungkwan’s expression immediately hardens, “What do you mean crying over him? Did he do something?!”

Jeonghan gets the breath knocked out of him as Soonyoung joins the hug as Seokmin is left over at the stove, still attempting to keep the café running.

“I know taekwondo, I can fight him if you want! I mean Jisoo seems really nice and I don’t want to have to fight him…but for you I will,” Soonyoung jumps away from the boys to show off some example moves.

“No, I don’t want you to fight him,” Jeonghan laughs, his voice still husky from his tears.

“Wait, this isn’t over you chickening out right?” Seungkwan questions, “Because it’s fine, don’t stress.”

“No, no, it’s-” Jeonghan breaks off as he looks at the expectant Soonyoung and Seokmin.

“Can we go somewhere else?”

“Sure,” Seungkwan pulls him out of the kitchen and towards one of the booths right at the back of the café.

Jeonghan scans the tables as he passes, knowing that they should be working right now.

“I’m sure Jisoo can handle writing down a few orders and I think Seungcheol’s here somewhere,” Seungkwan says reading Jeonghan’s mind.

 

“Talk to me,” Seungkwan says, his eyes meeting Jeonghan’s encouragingly once they were properly seated in a booth.

Jeonghan thinks about how fortunate he is that Seungkwan’s his best friend. The boy may spend most of his life unable to be serious but that makes these rare moments even more meaningful. And Jeonghan knows that his friend must be really worried after seeing Jeonghan cry like that, normally he manages to keep a good control over his emotions and he wasn’t really sure what had happened.  

“Well, you already know how I got too scared to ask but-”

“You know you’ve got plenty of other chances. I mean, it’s not like he’s going anywhere.”

Seungkwan must have seen Jeonghan’s face drop because he quickly follows up with a worried, “Wait? Is he going somewhere? He’s not moving already, surely?”

“Not exactly...do you know the guy from 112?”

“You mean the pink haired boy that never sleeps and always looks slightly pissed off?”

“Yes…well…” Jeonghan takes a deep breath and spills the entire story, even including all the worrying thoughts that have been plaguing his mind ever since. Seungkwan listens without interrupting once and Jeonghan finishes to find that he feels a little better.

“Okay, so the pink haired boy is now sitting over there, waiting for Jisoo?” Seungkwan asks, still trying to wrap his head around the whole situation.

“Yes, but don’t look,” Jeonghan hisses just as Seungkwan disregards his message and looks straight at Jihoon’s table.

“Ha, well Seungcheol seems to be keeping him company.”

Jeonghan follows Seungkwan’s gaze to see Seungcheol sitting across from Jihoon, their manager talking excitedly while the other boy looks less than impressed.

“Oh god, is Seungcheol flirting?” Jeonghan asks in dismay as his manager directs a sly wink in Jihoon’s direction.

“Maybe Seungcheol will steal his heart and you won’t have to worry?”

“Does that look like a heart wanting to be stolen?” Jeonghan asks as Jihoon lets out a loud sigh; not that Seungcheol picks up on the disinterest.

“Look, you’ll be fine okay. There’s no way Jisoo could like that bore over you,” Seungkwan says encouragingly.

“You haven’t seen them talk about music,” Jeonghan huffs.

“I’ll work something out, don’t worry. I also better be going; are you alright now?”

“Better, I suppose. But I haven’t even known him for that long. Why am I so worked up about him? I shouldn’t be acting this way, It’s dumb.”

“I know, I know,” Seungkwan pats his hand reassuringly, not realising that he had just agreed that Jeonghan was dumb.

“Seungcheol!” Seungkwan grabs their manager’s attention and calls him over, very reluctantly, from Jihoon’s side.

"I need to go. But take care of my baby, wont you? Oh, and don’t let Jisoo anywhere near the pink haired boy’s table."

"I am older than you, you know," Jeonghan protests at being called a baby. But Seungkwan simply coos and pinches his cheeks to annoy him before turning back to Seungcheol.

"Also, he’s cute by the way, you should ask him out."

"I already tried that," Seungcheol pouts.

"Well, try again," Seungkwan says, winking in both boys’ directions before leaving.

 

 

"Mingyu, come buzz me in," Seungkwan says as soon as the boy picks up his phone.

"Why? Is Jeonghan refusing to feed you again?" Seungkwan has no doubt that the question was paired with a smirk. 

"I'm shocked you would think so lowly of me. This is serious Cupid business; I have a mission."

Seungkwan knew that this would spark Mingyu's interest and by the excited squeak he heard over the phone, he was right.

"I'm coming down in 2 seconds."

Seungkwan waits patiently, continuing to think through the plan. He knew that he couldn’t allow his best friend to continue his mopping; Seungkwan loves Jeonghan but he couldn't deal with much more of how he was earlier that day.

He couldn't believe that Jeonghan would even think that Jisoo could like the guy from 112; it was ridiculous. He must be really blind if he couldn't see how Jisoo looked at him. Jisoo’s constant heart eyes were nearly as annoying as Jeonghan’s.

"I'm here, I'm here," Mingyu pants as if he'd just run down 5 flights of stairs.

Seungkwan looked at him questionably.

"What? The lift was taking too long.”

"Okay, but tell me the plan!" Mingyu continues excitedly, forgetting his tiredness for the moment.

"Well..." Seungkwan draws out the word, laughing when he sees the urgency on the other boys face, "me, you and Hansol are going to go and talk to Jisoo."

Mingyu claps his hands eagerly, but then stops looking confused.

"Wait, talk to him about what?"

"Everything," Seungkwan says with a smirk, "Let's go, Hansol said he would meet us up there."

When the two boys reached Jisoo's floor, Hansol simply nodded to them. He looked as casual as always, but Seungkwan could see how his fingers were drumming on his leg in anticipation.

"Chan thinks I'm at a rap support group," Hansol explains as a way of greeting.

"A what?" Mingyu asks.

"Exactly," Hansol laughs, shaking his head in disbelief that Chan would fall for such a lie. 

"We couldn't have Chan tagging along," Seungkwan explains, "he's uh, not the subtlest person."

"But Wonwoo could help us?" Mingyu offers.

Seungkwan remembers how long it took Wonwoo to finally pluck up the courage to even flirt back with Mingyu and just shakes his head, moving towards Jisoo's door to knock.

 

"Hey, you guys!" Jisoo beams when he opens the door.

Seungkwan can understand why Jeonghan likes him. He's good looking but you can tell he isn’t cocky about it, and he's got that kind of sweet and dorky charm, plus he's just so nice, all the time; Seungkwan has no idea how he does it.

"We need to speak with you."

"Oh? Am I being fired already?" Jisoo looks panicked and Seungkwan realises that his tone towards the boy was a bit too serious for the situation.

"No, no, no, it's nothing bad!" Seungkwan quickly tries to clear the air.

Hansol just rolls his eyes and steps in front of Seungkwan, taking control of the situation, "It's about Jeonghan."

It's unmistakable that Jisoo's eyes light up at the mention of the boy and Seungkwan smirks, knowing that Jeonghan was completely wrong in worrying about the pink haired boy, Jihoon.

Mingyu must have noticed too because he chuckled and clapped Jisoo on the back as he walked into the apartment, "You'll like what we have to say."

The other two boys follow, giddy at what they were about to do.

Jisoo motions to his couch and the boys all crowd on while Jisoo sits down wearily in one of his single chairs.

Jisoo waits for the boys to explain, staring at them with wide eyes and Seungkwan isn’t sure whether it’s in fear or anticipation.

"Do you like Jeonghan?" Hansol asks suddenly, and Seungkwan shoots him a glare. It's hardly a gentle way to ease someone into it.

"Wha-what?" Jisoo splutters, looking completely taken aback.

“Do you like Jeonghan?" Hansol repeats before also adding, "As more than a friend?” 

Jisoo’s face is frozen in shock and Seungkwan begins to worry. Maybe he had been wrong all this time. Maybe he had just wanted the boys together so much that he’d invented how Jisoo felt for Jeonghan. Seungkwan thought about how Jeonghan would never forgive him for telling Jisoo about this and he was trying to think of a way to save this situation when Jisoo clears his throat.

Seungkwan looked up at the boy as he finally opens his mouth to answer…

 

 

*Evil laughter* I'm expecting you all to come after me with pitch forks because what a place to end the chapter. But I hope after this chapter things are starting to look a little brighter (but I mean, who knows right???)  Also I hoped you liked seeing it from more Seungkwan's point of view - I can tell you that you will be getting some things from Jisoo's point of view so look forward to this !!!
Once again I appreciate so much everyone who has subscribed, upvoted and commented it means a lot !! And I'm glad that you are enjoying my story (honestly this is the first thing I've really written and so the fact that even one person read it is a massive deal!!)