Open Secret

Boy Next Door

Seungkwan looks at the boy expectantly; praying silently to anyone who may be listening to not let him be wrong about this, he doesn’t know how he’d be able to tell Jeonghan if that was the case.

“I-uh-how did you know?” Jisoo finally spits out, his voice quiet and his eyes darting around the room nervously.

Seungkwan jumps ever so slightly out of his seat in excitement, “I knew it!”

 “Yes!” Mingyu exclaims, his excitement not as easily contained as Seungkwan’s, who somehow managed to still keep a straight face.

“It’s not like you kept it very secret,” Seungkwan says, rolling his eyes.

Jisoo's gaze at this stage was firmly fixed to his lap, where his hands were fidgeting relentlessly as he looked as if he wanted to be anywhere but sitting across from the three boys. 

Hansol just takes once glance at Seungkwan and Mingyu's excitement before realising that he's the only one sane enough left to properly deal with the situation.

“I’m sorry that they can’t act like adults,” Hansol apologises, giving one last sharp glare at Seungkwan and Mingyu, “we just had to check because well…”

“Jeonghan likes you!” Mingyu blurts out.

“You should have been left with Chan,” Hansol sighs.

Jisoo however didn’t seem to mind the sudden outburst. His eyes were wide and Seungkwan saw the hope clear in his expression as he tried to keep a smile contained.

“But, are you sure? I mean, how do you know?” Jisoo asks nervously as if he doesn’t want to get his hopes up despite what he had just heard.

Seungkwan snorts, “Maybe because he never shuts up about you. Ever.”

“Really?” Jisoo is basically beaming at this point and Seungkwan can’t believe that if it wasn’t for them, Jeonghan would have been too scared to ever say anything to the boy.

 “Yes, really.” Seungkwan can’t help but smile at how excited the boy looked; it was grossly cute how much he clearly liked Jeonghan.

“So, we need you to ask him out,” Hansol says, keeping the boys on track.

“Me?” Jisoo squeaks, “I don’t know if I-”

“You guys are both as lame as each other, this is ridiculous! You won’t ask him out because you’re too shy, he won’t ask you out because he’s too scared and now thinks you're in love with Jihoon…” Seungkwan says exasperated.

“In love with Jihoon?! Why would I be in love with Jihoon? I don’t even really know him?”

“Exactly. But try telling Jeonghan that when apparently you and Jihoon had sparks when you talked about music and he invited you into his apartment and he was then waiting for you at 10:04.”

Seungkwan lets out an annoyed sigh and realises that this isn’t the time for him to rant about the stupidness that was his best friend, especially when he was in the middle of trying to convince Jisoo to ask him out. 

 Jisoo looked as if he didn’t know what to say to that and starts rambling, “But I don’t like Jihoon? And that night I thought Jeonghan was going to ask me out? I was hoping he was going to ask me out…I mean, that night already felt like a date, but like he never used the word, so I wasn’t sure. And then it seemed so much like he was going to ask me but then he didn’t and…It wasn’t because of Jihoon was it? He dropped his amp and I mean, we had to help him,” Jisoo has a puzzled look on his face and Seungkwan knows that they had to tell him the full story.  

“Okay, we’re going to tell you everything from the start, so promise that you wont interrupt?”

“I won’t.”

“Hopefully after all this you’ll see that you have to ask him out on a date! If you wait for him, it’s not going to happen and I’m going to have to deal with mopping Jeonghan for however long. And I refuse, because he’s no fun when he mopes,” Seungkwan says sternly.

Seungkwan looks at both Hansol and Mingyu and they give him a nod. All three boys were ready to tell Jisoo everything they needed to in order to convince him. And this meant they had to start from the thing that Seungkwan had been itching to tell Jisoo ever since he met the boy…

“Do you remember the first day you and Jeonghan met?”

 

After what felt like forever, Seungkwan finally wraps up their explanation. Jisoo had kept his promise and hadn’t interrupted the entire time, but now Seungkwan could almost see his brain whirling furiously with all his unasked questions.

“I don’t even know where to start?” Jisoo finally says.

“How about the fact that he was a stalker who listened at your door,” Mingyu laughs.

“Who also spent a week trying to hunt you down,” Hansol smirks, “You’ve got a real winner there, Hong.”

“I don’t know. I think it’s kinda cute?” Jisoo says, his cheeks flushing.

“Oh god, you really are as sappy as each other,” Seungkwan shudders at the cheesiness.

“But, do you see why you have to ask him out on a date?” Hansol asks.

“Well, yeah; but I still don’t know if I can…”

Seungkwan and Hansol sigh in sync, both not sure how else they could possibly even try to convince Jisoo; but for once Mingyu is calm and collected in the situation.

“Me and Wonwoo have been dating for a year now. But, before then he was really shy, he wouldn’t even flirt back to me for like a month. But imagine if I was also too scared? We never would have started dating. And at this stage of my life I can’t even imagine that being a possibility. Jisoo, I’m not going to pressure you, but just think about how you might be missing out on something great,” Mingyu breaks out into an impromptu pep talk, sounding more like a psychologist than a college student whose biggest achievement in life is winning an eating competition.

Seungkwan just nods along to Mingyu’s words, hoping that they would be enough to sway Jisoo; especially as they were even managing to make Seungkwan feel slightly warm and fuzzy inside.

Jisoo takes a deep breath, “Okay, okay.”

“Yay!” Mingyu jumps up to go and hug Jisoo, his enthusiasm very different from the seriousness that had possessed him a second ago.

Jisoo smiles along but Seungkwan could still see the reservation in his eyes.

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you. I have a plan.” Seungkwan’s statement received a well placed clearing of the throat by Hansol. 

“Hansol came up with the plan, but that’s beside the point,” he corrects himself, glaring at Hansol who now had a smug smile plastered on his face.

Seungkwan explained the plan to Jisoo, hoping that it would make him feel better; but he had a feeling that it instead freaked him out more. It’s not as if it was a particularly complicated plan, but Jisoo obviously was just really shy. Seungkwan was starting to wonder how this boy ever managed to make friends with nearly the entire apartment in the span of two weeks.

“You’ll do fine,” Hansol comforts the boy.

“It’ll be great,” Seungkwan says reassuringly as he starts getting up from the couch.

“Look, I need to go. Jeonghan just texted me asking if I could go buy food. He must be really desperate if he’s asking me. God, please just ask him soon,” Seungkwan says directing his gaze to Jisoo.

“Just give me a couple of days,” Jisoo replies, his eyes fixed to his lap again.

“Well, don’t hold me accountable if your boyfriend is murdered before then,” Seungkwan smirks as he walks out of Jisoo’s apartment with a quick wave.

 

 

Eh, I don't know if I like this chapter very much, plus it's a slightly shorter chapter. But you finally have you answer!!!! Jisoo likes him back!!! (but like as if he wouldn't like Jeonghan back - he'd be crazy not to)  
Please forgive me for the last chapter and the cliffhanger I left you on!! But I'm hoping this chapter kinda makes up for it?? Maybe, possibly?? 

 

(Also because my writing is ahead of my uploading on here I'm currently working on the last chapter and I didn't expect to struggle with it so much like omg!! I just want to make it really great for you guys and whatever I write I feel like it's not good enough - but hopefully by the time it gets to that stage I'll have a great chapter for you all!!)