Lost And Found

Boy Next Door

Jisoo makes it onto the street and looks around frantically, not having any idea where to start looking for the boy, before he remembered that Jeonghan had on his work uniform.

It was simple, Jeonghan must be working. Jisoo could walk into 10:04, explain the situation, tell Jeonghan his real feelings and everything would be fine. 10:04 wasn’t exactly the setting for the romantic confession that Jisoo had imagined; but at this stage he didn’t have a lot of other options.

Jisoo flies through the door of 10:04 and rushes up to Seungkwan, who was the first staff member he saw.

“Jisoo wh-?” he begins to ask but Jisoo cuts him off.

“Where’s Jeonghan? I need to talk to him,” Jisoo pants; his breath was labored after all but running to the café and his eyes were wild.

“I don’t know; he hasn’t shown up yet. He hasn’t called either.”

Jisoo groans and turns to leave. He doesn’t know where Jeonghan might have gone, all he knows is that he has to find him. But Seungkwan grabs his arm before he can get very far.

“What’s happening? You look like a wreck. Why do you need to talk to Jeonghan?” Seungkwan asks, his brow scrunched in confusion.

“I don’t have time! I need to-”

“Jisoo. Sit,” Seungkwan orders and Jisoo obeys reluctantly, sinking into a nearby booth.

With one pointed look from the boy, Jisoo explains everything.

"I'll help you look. We'll split up and I'll call you if I find him," Seungkwan says, looking a little panicked as he whips off his apron and gets ready to leave.

"But, you have to work?"

“Seungcheol will forgive me; this is for love,” Seungkwan says, not even looking behind him as he walks out of 10:04 with Jisoo on his heels.

Seungkwan leaves to begin his search after giving Jisoo a quick reassurance that they would find him; but no matter what Seungkwan said, the aggressive knot in Jisoo’s stomach still wouldn’t ease.

Suddenly, Jisoo was left alone standing outside 10:04; completely unprepared and not sure where to look. Where would Jeonghan go if he was upset? Jisoo had no idea; it wasn’t as if this was something that had come up in any of their conversations.

Jisoo acknowledged that he would have to walk around aimlessly and just hope that he happened to stumble upon the boy.

 

2 hours later; Jisoo had watched the sky darken and the sun disappear behind the horizon, as if hinting for him to also retire for the night. The stars however were bright, as if cheering on Jisoo telling him that anything was possible; he could find Jeonghan.

But Jisoo had looked everywhere he could, and Seungkwan had been to all his favorite spots and his friend’s apartments…but nothing. His phone was turned off and no one had heard from him.

Jisoo shivered as he pulled his jacket closer around him.

It was dark and cold and Jisoo wouldn’t have been surprised if Jeonghan was back at his apartment by now. He hoped he was. He didn’t want the boy to be out here alone at this time, especially if he was still as upset as he’d seemed earlier.

Jisoo was just about to make the walk back to Pledis when his phone rang. The caller id showed that it was Seungkwan and Jisoo picked up immediately, shooting a quick “Have you found him?!” into the phone as soon as he answered.

“Yes, he’s here…he’s upset but he’s fine.”

Jisoo could hear the relief in the boy’s tone and he was glad that Jeonghan had such a good best friend.

“Where?” Jisoo asks.

“His apartment.”

“I’ll be right there.”

Jisoo doesn’t even let Seungkwan say anything else before he hangs up and picks up his pace, needing to get back to Pledis as soon as possible.

This was finally it, Jeonghan would finally know how he felt.

 

After ditching work, Jeonghan walked around with no destination in mind. He was simply enjoying the opportunity to wallow in his own self pity (and insult Jisoo and Jihoon.)

Eventually the sun dipped and the air became chilly; Jeonghan who was without a jacket decided it was time to head home. He was still planning on wallowing in self pity, but this time in the comfort of his warm and cozy apartment.

He had only just walked into his apartment when an aggressive knock on the door startled him. Jeonghan didn’t go to answer it straight away. What if it was Jisoo? Would he really be able to look into his eyes as if there was nothing wrong? Would he be able to tell Jisoo that he was happy for him and Jihoon?

The knocking only got more aggressive however and Jeonghan sighed, reluctantly going to answer the door.

“Seungkwan?” Jeonghan asks in surprise when he swings open the door, “You’re meant to be at work?”

“And so are you,” Seungkwan sasses, walking in without an invitation.

Jeonghan loved his best friend but he was really not in the mood to talk to anyone at that current moment. He opened his mouth to say so but Seungkwan cut him off.

“We’ve been looking everywhere for you! Do you know how much trouble you’ve caused? I searched for two hours!  Two hours! You know, it doesn’t hurt to make one phone call to say “Hey, it’s Jeonghan. By the way I haven’t died.””

“I didn’t expect anyone to worry,” Jeonghan says quietly, feeling guilty. Even with Seungkwan’s sharp tone, he could hear the worry that was behind it.

“What do you expect me to do when Jisoo comes tearing into 10:04 looking like a mad man because you’ve run off?”

Seungkwan then pulls out his phone and calls who he assumes was Jisoo, telling him where Jeonghan was.

Jeonghan’s chest tightens, “I don’t want to see him.”

“Look I’m going to let him explain it all. But it was a misunderstanding,” Seungkwan says.

Jeonghan shakes his head, his eyes firmly fixed to the floor, “You didn’t see them.”

Seungkwan lets out an exasperated sigh and opens his mouth to speak but stops himself, Jeonghan could tell that Seungkwan wanted to argue but deemed it pointless.

The two boys fall into silence, neither really sure what to say.

Finally, Seungkwan breaks the tension by asking to borrow Jeonghan’s mobile.

“Um, you have yours?” Jeonghan asks, remembering him calling Jisoo a moment ago.  

“It has no credit.”

“But you called Jisoo?” Jeonghan asks confused.

“Just give me the phone.” Seungkwan says, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

Jeonghan simply shrugs and hands Seungkwan his phone before going to lie on the couch to continue his self pity party in peace.

Another knock on 118’s door snapped Jeonghan back to reality. It must be Jisoo.

He began to call out to Seungkwan to not open the door but he was too late. Jisoo was already standing in his apartment; his hair was windswept and his nose was pink, as if he’d been out in the cold for too long.

“Hi,” Jisoo says nervously, his hands relentlessly fidgeting.

Jeonghan just stares at the boy; both because he didn’t want to speak and because he wasn’t sure what to say. 

“Uh, sorry to interrupt. Jeonghan, here’s your phone back,” Seungkwan says slowly, looking very uncomfortable as he takes in the scene before him.

Jeonghan takes the phone and shoves it back in his pocket before closing his eyes and turning away from Jisoo as he hears the faint slamming of the door which signals Seungkwan leaving.

“Jeonghan, please talk to me,” Jisoo says, his voice wavering.

Jeonghan ignores the boy.

“Jeonghan. Please…”  

Jeonghan sighs and sits up to meet Jisoo’s gaze.

“We don’t need to talk about anything. What do you want me to say? I’m happy for you and Jihoon, you make a cute couple.”

“Jeonghan, but we’re not-”

 “I know, I know. I was stupid thinking we could ever be more than friends; I know that now. But what was I supposed to think? You sure as hell acted as if you liked me,” Jeonghan was shaking now out of anger but his voice betrayed him, breaking at the end, showing how upset he really was.

“But-”

“No, just listen okay,” Jeonghan’s anger deflated and he just felt tired. 

Jisoo simply nods and moves to the couch to sit down.

“Look, I know you came here to apologize. But I don’t want to hear it. You shouldn’t have to apologize; all of this is my fault anyway. I shouldn’t have assumed anything…I got too hopeful. I want you to leave. I need you to leave. I really wanted to stay friends, but I just don’t think I can do it. So please, if you want to make me feel better you can leave and-”

“Jeonghan!”

Jeonghan stops and looks at the boy in shock, he’d never heard Jisoo speak in this kind of tone.

“I like you, okay?” Jisoo lets out a nervous laugh, “This was definitely not how I was supposed to say it…but I like you. Not Jihoon…but you.”

 

 

FINALLLYYYYY GUYSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you proud???? It seemed like it was never going to happen!!! But now you have to wait to see Jeonghan's reaction...and what other cute things Jisoo might say - but I hope this is sufficient enough for now!! 
Okay, I was rushing to edit this chapter to get it up for you guys (I had no idea it had been 3 days since I last updated already) so please forgive the possible errors. 
And in other news...I'm nearly at 300 subscribers !!! I mean that might not seem like a lot to you but it does to me!! Especially as I didn't really expect anyone to like my amature writing so (I know I say this a lot but I mean it) THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!