Chapter Eight.

Bodyguard

"So, my plan didn't work. I thought i could calm the fans down after Ahri made that stupid comment on air, but apparently i couldn't." Chori took a deep breath before sighing once more. "The public is making up theories now. There's not much i can do about it unless Soji speaks for herself, which she won't because she knows how rowdy it gets out there." 

Jeonghan just nodded and turned to look at Soji, who had fallen asleep mid-meeting. It wasn't really a problem since they were in the company building. Plus the bodyguard had stayed up all night worrying about the problem rather than sleeping. Chori had to give the girl a break at some point didn't she?

"How about I just admit to the press that Soji and I are indeed dating so they'll leave us alone with that whole one red-district scandal." Jeonghan suggested.

It didn't take more than a second before Soji woke up for her slumber and sent a death glare to her client. "How will that fix anything?"

"Actually. That will definitely work." Chori said after a moment which made Jeonghan grin. On the other hand, Soji was mentally planning her own death. "You might get a little more hate from fans, but less hate from the media which is good considering i don't want people to think that my daughter is a wh– hooker."

The bodyguard let out a sigh and went back to resting her head on her clients shoulder. As much as she hated to admit it, he was perfect boyfriend material. Did she even dare saying it, almost like perfect husband material. The thought nearly made her choke. 

"It's ok Chori, we'll  be a great couple!" Were the last words Soji heard before she fell into a deep sleep.

-

Jeonghan must've carried her home because when she woke up, Soji was in her own bed. She could tell Jeonghan was in the kitchen by all the noise made by pots and pans. She quickly rolled off her bed and stalked to the kitchen where a half Jeonghan stood, one hand on the handle of the pan, the other playing with the string of the apron.

"Goodmorning sweetie~" He cooed. 

"There aren't any camera's around the house you know" Soji stated flatly and started snooping around for food she could eat. She heard Jeonghan chuckle before clearing his throat. "Your pants are kinda see-through you know. Cute by the way" 

Soji gave herself no time to react and just ran out of the kitchen. "ERT!"

She could hear Jeonghan laughing in the kitchen as she retreated to her room to get changed into something less exposing. Maybe like sweatpants and a hoodie. That would work. She grabbed said items out of her closet and put them on as quick as possible before moving to inspect herself in the mirror. She looked huggable at this point.

Just as she was walking out, she heard the door open and Jisoo walked in flashing a smile at her. Without even thinking twice, she ran up to him and pulled him into a bone crushing hug. "Jisoo! You're finally back. It's been hell since you left." She explained before pouting. The bodyguard had actually learn human emotions after staying with the idol for that long and it was quite surprising to both Jeonghan and Soji. 

After Jisoo had set her down, they walked over to the kitchen, Jisoo explaining that Chori had already caught him up and while it upsetted him, he assured her they were going to get through this together. Soji wasn't the only excited one. When the reached the kitchen, Jeonghan fled to his manager and pulled him into yet another bone crushing hug, leaving Soji to hurry to the unattended pan. What a wreckless kid. 

"Well i'm glad i'm back actually. Has your relationship been going on well?" Jisoo asked. Cheeky. 

Soji immediately went into rage mode and Jeonghan had to wrap his arm around her to calm her down making Jisoo laugh. They trio decided to spend the rest of the day catching each other up, mostly with Jeonghan teasing Soji.

-

"Well well well, who knew my girlfriend looked so good in nice dresses". Jeonghan tease when his bodyguard– Sorry, Girlfriend, stepped out of her room. She gave him her signature roll of the eyes before taking a seat in the living room, the heels clicking against the floor. It only took a second before Jeonghan was sat next to her, one of his hands reaching to take hers and Joshua looked at the duo, trying not to burst out into a fit of giggles like he always did. 

Soji had ended up looking like the cold hearted wife while Jeonghan had taken the role of the annoying husband, which fit him quite well if anyone were to point out. Once the car had arrived, they all got in and Jeonghan planted himself in the middle seat right next to Soji even with Joshua being at the front, which gave the duo more than enough room. If Jeonghan was going to keep this up, Soji was going to fall harder, and she wasn't ready for that. 

Bright lighs flashed as Jeonghan stepped out of the car before turning to Soji up the red carpet. Soji had been training for a very long time to make sure she didn't look like a peasant during the awards show. So far so good. 

The couple smiled and waved to the camera's, Jeonghan even taking the leap of faith and pressing a kiss to his date's cheek before they were to step into the venue. He gave her an apologetic smile before she punched him in the face and Soji repayed it by glaring at him. What else could she do? Smile? As if.

The event ended pretty quick. Jeonghan won a few awards for his music and role in the movie he had been in. Between Joshua and Soji, the bodyguard had been the most excited one. She had never been to a gala this huge, and the fact that she'd been around to watch Jeonghan win these awards had been amazing. 

Just as she predicted, Jeonghan had drunken slightly too much when they went to celebrate and the manager gave her all responsibilities to get him home as he had to rush back to the office for post-award meetings. 

The duo stumbled through the door, the body guard trying her best not to drop Jeonghan from her grip while he slurred out how fun that was. Who knew what that meant. She successfully got Jeonghan out of his clothes, leaving his boxers on at least and made him drink a glass of water before tucking him in. He was still awake, mumbling small words of thanks. Before she knew it, Jeonghan grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him, making Soji stumble slightly. 

"You know, i've always liked you. Since the day we met, i only said those things because i was nervous. You were so pretty even in that ugly clothes you used to wear. That's why i'm always annoying you. I don't want anyone else to steal you away from me. I want you to be mine." Were his last words before he fell asleep. 


Very sorry this took so long. I had some things going on.