Chapter Four.

Bodyguard

Jeonghan had been on the phone with 4 different members of the company staff before he got a phone call from an unknown number. With approval from Soji, he answered it and immediately he could hear his beloved manager's voice pour through the speaker.

"Jeonghan, you need to help me.. I'm in some warehouse, try tracking this phone since i can't find mine anywhere. Please Jeongh–" His voice was cut off and the duo heard a groan before the call ended. 

"Take the wheel" Was all Soji said before she pulled Jeonghan's hands to the steering wheel and climbed to the back on the car. Jeonghan climbed into the drivers seat and started driving ahead with no destination in mind. 

The girl snatched the phone away from where it was dropped and started tapping furiously on the buttons. It only took her a few tries before the phone beeped and she snickered. An idiot kidnapped you Jisoo.

"Let me drive now, i found Joshua" She demanded and with a similar maneuver, they got back into their designated seats. 

Soji didn't take any chances and sped in the direction located on the map. All the boy could do now was wait until they reached their destination. He only hoped nothing too bad had happened to his dear friend.

-

When they were pulling up into the location, Soji found that a car was already being loaded up and ready to leave the parking spot. With no hesitation, she sped up and rammed the other car right in its side. Jeonghan was screaming when she did that, obviously, then freaked out when he realised he was alive. They duo climbed out of the car quickly and ran to the suspected car.

Sure enough, Joshua was sitting, tied up in the back seat while the driver wasn't too lucky. Jeonghan helped to untie his manager while Soji checked the rest of the car to make sure it was safe. 

"Alright so, i will give you 5 minutes to explain what you were aiming for when you planned all of this" Soji said, authority dripping through her voice. 

The lady "kidnapper" in the drivers seat looked like she was around 25, slightly chubby and wore the typical glasses with braces duo that Soji saw everywhere these days. 

"J-joshua was getting too close to my one true love!" She managed to stutter out. The girl was already crying at this point. "I had to get rid of him!" 

"Well you did a really bad job and now you're going to jail." She said and gave the woman one of the creepiest smiles Jeonghan had ever seen. Note to self; don't make Soji mad.

-

It was only a matter of minutes before the police and CEO arrived at the scene. Joshua was seated in Chori's car, the lady kidnapper was shoved into the police vehicle and of course, Soji's car was being inspected due to all the damage she'd done to it. She managed to get away with it since it was a dangerous situation. Also she had a liscence.

Soji got pulled to the side while the whole event was still being investigated and was faced with her mother's worried features.

"Do i need to hire another bodyguard or are you okay with taking care of Jisoo too?" 

"I can take care of them both, i just got carried away today, i'm sorry."

"Then it's settled, i'm moving you to their apartment. I know they have a spare room for you. It's safer that way. We'll go through the new game plan tomorrow morning during Jeonghan's dance practice."

Soji nodded and the two of them walked back to the car. Spotting Jeonghan in the back seat, clinging to Joshua for his dear life, the girls took the front seats and Chori drove her employee's and daughter back home. 

After explaining the situation to the boys, Chori helped Soji packed her suitcases up and get the guest room ready. Meanwhile Jeonghan was helping Joshua get ready for bed, the manager still in a very shocked state.

Once done with unpacking, Chori bid her farewells and made sure to give Joshua the kiss of recovery before leaving the three to their own devices. 

"Thank you Soji." Came the soft voice after said girl had locked the door.

She turned around and saw Jisoo wrapped up in a blanket, surprisingly with Jeonghan nowhere in sight. The younger shot him a weak smile and pulled him into her arms just like she remembered her mother do when she was younger.

"I won't let this happen ever again. I promise to take care of you and Jeonghan, never letting anyone get close enough to hurt both of you." She whispered, tears starting to form in her eyes. She blinked them away, like she always does.

At this point Jisoo was already sobbing, his tears wetting the bodyguard's shirt. He was so strong, but everyone broke down once in a while.

-

Once the lights were off and everyone was in bed, Soji snuck out of bed and walked to the bathroom. She combed her hair, adjusted her shirt then snuck out of the apartment,  making sure to lock the door before taking the lift down to the lobby. She strolled out of the building, greeting the security guard with a small nod of her head and turned the corner into an alley way. 

Two short figures were standing at the end of the alley and turned to look in Soji's direction when she entered, boots clicking against the ground. Their faces weren't visable due to the lighting, but as she got closer, their smirks could be seen.

"Finally you show up." One of the duo said. "We were starting to think you'd never show."

Soji rolled her eyes. "I'm calling it off Mina." 

The response she got was the one she was expecting, two gasps then glaring.

"You can't call it off! We had a deal." The girl, Mina threatened.

"After what happened today, i don't think i want to let two amatures handle this case." Soji spat at them. "Leave the area or i'm calling HQ and telling them you're interfearing with my business."

"We'll show you amatures." The other girl, Jina sneered before a punch was flying through the air and towards Soji who missed it by a fraction of an inch.

Mina wasted no time in helping her sister out. She kicked at the bodyguard who reflected the hit and sent it towards Jina. The duo toppled down ontop of each other giving Soji time to recover. 

"It's over." Were her last words before she strolled out of the alley and back into the apartment building.

-

"Where did you go after we went to bed?" Joshua's voice rang from the kitchen.

She had just woken up and was not expecting for the older man to have heard her leave yesterday. After the moment of silence, Jisoo continued.

"You were gone for 30 whole minutes. What happened?"

"It was reguarding my training camp." She said. Putting it as simply as she could, hoping it would block out other wandering questions in his head. She heard Jisoo sigh and mutter a small "alright" before returning to his cooking. Bacon and eggs, yummy. 

"Can you go wake Jeonghan up?" He asked as Soji opened the fridge to get a drink. After that night it seemed like Joshua was back to normal. He became the bossy mom Jeonghan came to know and love, as for Soji, it seemed like he'd become colder towards her. 

Erasing the thoughts from her head, she knocked twice on the master bedroom door and opened it when she didn't get a response. Her face turned bright red when she saw the idol's fully bare body. His bed covers were thrown off the bed and he was sprawled across, his hair covering half his face. She covered her eyes and cleared .

"Jeonghan please wake up. I don't want to go over there." 

She heard shuffling from the bed followed by a gasp, then more shuffling. She figured the boy was staring at her, shocked and all.

"I'm sorry! You didn't wake up when i opened the door and i didn't think you'd be . Jisoo didn't warn me!" She sputtered out.

"It's ok, i'll get dressed now, you may leave." 

Soji didn't need to be told twice as she practically ran out of the room, shutting the door and nearly bumping into Joshua in the process.

"Is there a reason as to why you're blushing?" The manager asked, quite amused by the change of behaviour.

"He's . He's and you didn't warn me."

Jisoo let out a little laugh before shaking his head. 

"He usually wears boxers, i don't know what happened this time." He stated. "Also, haven't you had a boyfriend before? I would assume being 21 years old, you'd have had a love interest."

Soji puffed her cheeks at the statement. She never really had time to date since she was either training, studying or sleeping. Love interests weren't acceptable either. Most of the girls at her academy were females and they never really paid attention to the small population from the opposing gender. 

"A complete waste of time" Was what her friend used to say. She was 2 years older than Soji, so the she just went along with it.

"If you don't count kindergarten. I had a "boyfriend" back then. We were classroom sweet hearts, and then my mom moved us to Seoul so i didn't see him anymore. It was a tragic love story." She told him, surprisingly with a straight face, which made Joshua burst out into a fit of laughter. 

"Your love life is amazing, but don't worry, i didn't have time to date out of highschool either so you're not alone on this one." 

Soji giggled and they made their way back to the kitchen to finish up breakfast. A few moments later, Jeonghan joined them, his actions proving to be awkward but Soji just smiled at him and acted like the morning hadn't happened at all, which put him slightly at ease. It would be a pain in the arse if anyone outside this house found it since even his own "girlfriend" hadn't seen him . Not many girls have.

"Alright! Before we get too engrossed in our food, schedule for today. Jeonghan, you have vocal practice at 2pm, dance rehersal at 4pm, dinner at 7pm and then you have a radio appearance at 8.30pm. I think it's safer to stay with the both of you for the day so if you guys need anything, i'll be there." Joshua read out then looked at the two. 

The duo nodded their heads then dug into their breakfast. It was as if he was a single father taking care of two teens. Which was quite hilarious in his case.

-

The morning went by pretty quick. Since they had nothing to do, work wise, Jeonghan and Jisoo were playing games on their consol and Soji was stuck with nothing to do. She tried watching them for a while, then got bored since she didn't understand anything about soccer. She tried reading, but got bored again after a few pages. Finally she decided to sit on the balcony and watch cars pass by.

It didn't take long before she was totally engrossed in watching the cars that she nearly missed Jisoo calling her back in since they were leaving for vocal practice. They piled into the car, Soji finally giving into Jeonghan's request to sit in the backseat with him since he felt left out.

"My comeback's in 2 weeks, are you gonna watch it?" Jeonghan suddenly asked.

"What choice do i have?" Soji muttered.

"Awh, c'mon, why can't you take interest in the things i do?"

"Because watching people perform is not really appealing to me. I don't even listen to music." 

She could almost feel him pouting when the car came to a halt. She got out of the car quickly, not wanting to be bombarded with anymore questions regarding his job.

The manager and bodyguard were made to wait outside the room, Jisoo quickly hopping onto his laptop to do his work while Soji was sent into impending boredom again. After a few attention seeking sighs, Jisoo looked up from his laptop and took Soji's phone. The girl looked at him curiously as he tapped away on her phone, after a few minutes, he passed her phone back and smiled.

"You can play that game to pass time you know." 

Soji looked at her phone and saw the game loading up, the home page was so bright and colourful it almost blinded her. She experimented around with the game for a while, and before she knew it, she was completely addicted to it.


Since this chapter was 2k words long i'm gonna update in 7 days and not 5 like usual. \u/